PDA

View Full Version : Mocking as Bills GM - Let me know how I'm doing

bsfunck
04-11-2013, 09:04 AM
Not that any of you really care a ton but I thought I’d stopby and let you know that I’m taking part in a mock draft done by a bunch ofMissouri Tigers fans. We all randomlypicked an NFL team and I choose Buffalo. Some people have reasons for choosing the teams they do I how ever haveno ties to the Bills other than having CJ Spiller in a keeper league. So the only information I had to base my pickon was research of team needs and reading Bills message boards. <o:p></o:p>
Anyway I just wanted to see how you guys thought I have doneso far. As the picks started coming offthe board a little bit of a shocker as Luke Joeckel started to slip, I triedseveral times to trade up but did not get any takers. I didn’t want to over pay as Geno Smith wasstill on the board as well. Here is howthe first 8 picks went: <o:p></o:p>
Round One<o:p></o:p>
1. Kansas City - Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan<o:p></o:p>
2. Jacksonville - Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida<o:p></o:p>
3. Oakland - Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama<o:p></o:p>
4. Philadelphia - Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon<o:p></o:p>
5. Detroit - Ziggy Ansah, DE, BYU<o:p></o:p>
6. Denver (from Cleveland) - Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M<o:p></o:p>
7. Arizona - Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma<o:p></o:p>
8. Buffalo - Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia<o:p></o:p>
And well I got blasted on my board for taking him, but just couldn’tsee passing on taking the first QB off the board, especially with three top OLalready gone. Then Buffalo traded the41st and 71st picks to Minnesota in exchange for the 23rd pick and I took DJFluker. I just thought he was good valueand since I missed on the other top OL felt it was a good move. Anyway here is how the rest of the firstround went.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
9. NY Jets - Star Lotuleilei, DT, Utah<o:p></o:p>
10. Tennessee - Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee<o:p></o:p>
11.Carolina (from San Diego)- Sheldon Richardson, DT,Missouri<o:p></o:p>
12. Miami - Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State<o:p></o:p>
13. Tampa Bay - Alec Ogletree, ILB/OLB, Georgia<o:p></o:p>
14. San Diego (from Carolina) - Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama<o:p></o:p>
15. New Orleans - Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB, LSU<o:p></o:p>
16. St. Louis - Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia<o:p></o:p>
17. Pittsburgh - Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama<o:p></o:p>
18. Dallas - Jonathon Cooper, OG, North Carolina<o:p></o:p>
19. NY Giants - Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State<o:p></o:p>
20. Atlanta (from Chicago) - Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington<o:p></o:p>
21. Cincinnati - Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia<o:p></o:p>
22. St. Louis - Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas<o:p></o:p>
23. Buffalo (from Minnesota) - DJ Fluker, OT, Alabama<o:p></o:p>
24. Indianapolis - Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M<o:p></o:p>
25. Minnesota - Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina<o:p></o:p>
26. Tennessee (from Green Bay) - Eric Reid, S, LSU<o:p></o:p>
27. Houston - Keenan Allen, WR, California<o:p></o:p>
28. Cleveland (from Denver) - Datone Jones, DE, UCLA<o:p></o:p>
29. Miami (from New England) - Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame<o:p></o:p>
30. Chicago (from Atlanta) - Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky<o:p></o:p>
31. San Francisco - Johnathon Hankins, DT, Ohio State<o:p></o:p>
32. Baltimore - Arthur Brown, LB, kansas state<o:p></o:p>
Clearly if I had known that no more QB’s would be off theboard I should have waited but if I had waited on QB I’m not sure who I wouldhave taken. So at this point I don’thave a 2nd or 3rd round pick and have to wait until pick105 and was pretty happy that Aaron Dobson WR from Marshall was still on theboard. Through 4 rounds my draft looks like this.<o:p></o:p>
Pick 8 Geno Smith<o:p></o:p>
Pick 23 DJ Fluker<o:p></o:p>
Pick 105 Aaron Dobson<o:p></o:p>
I’m sure most don’t care but as this has no real meaning butI just wanted to pass this on and see how bad you think I did. <o:p></o:p>

YardRat
04-11-2013, 09:08 AM
Don't like the Smith pick, but Fluker and Dobson are nice grabs.

bsfunck
04-11-2013, 09:46 AM
Smith was a tuff pick, it really was more about taking the first QB off the board more that Smith himself. Really just incert your top QB there. I just had a hard time taking WR that high...

cookie G
04-11-2013, 10:39 PM
We could do a hell of a lot worse than Geno, Fluker and Dobson.

bsfunck
04-12-2013, 10:18 AM
Update in the 5th I took Chase Thomas, OLB, Stanford

Mouldsie
04-13-2013, 11:26 AM
Fluker would play LG I assume?

clumping platelets
04-14-2013, 11:36 AM
Even though I'm not a Geno fan, I could like this draft overall. I would have preferred Warmack at #8 and positioned myself for a QB

IlluminatusUIUC
04-14-2013, 12:03 PM
I would love Geno. However, while I am ok with taking a lineman in the 2nd, I wouldn't want to also trade out of the third to get one. I would stand pat and take someone like Barrett Jones in the 2nd. He's got a lot of diverse experience and could even take over for Wood if his leg implodes again.

clumping platelets
04-16-2013, 03:47 AM
Barrett Jones would be a great addition to the OL............versatility and a hedge against losing Wood in FA

bsfunck
04-17-2013, 03:06 PM
Thanks for all the feed back it was fun. Yes drafted Fluker with the thought he would play G for now...it's harder than it looks, since it's not your team it makes it tuff to know what the team really needs and best way to proceed. One thing I think we can all agree on is CJ Spiller winning the rushing title this year.

Oh not that this pick really matters a ton but with the 6th round pick I took David Bass DE from Missouri Western. That was a homer pick as that is my Alma Mater. Good luck this year.

CleveSteve
04-18-2013, 10:02 AM
David Bass and Chase Thomas are really nice pickups in the 5th and 6th rounds. I can't hate on the Geno pick... Marrone's offense is supposed to emphasize timing and accuracy and Geno's got that in spades. Dobson is a great complement to Stevie Johnson as far as playing style.