PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Bray anyone?

Mski
04-11-2013, 02:05 PM
I've heard that the Bills have brought all of the Tennessee WR's, is this because we really need help at the WR position, and they're all that good? or did the team perhaps use the visits with them to learn more about Bray than they did with his visit alone?

and FWIW Nix hasnt yet drafted a 1st rounder without bringing him in for a visit, and Nassib didnt get one?

DraftBoy
04-11-2013, 02:06 PM
They brought in Hunter and Rogers, hadn't heard they brought in Patterson.

Mski
04-11-2013, 02:10 PM

read on twitter that hes in today or due in tomorrow

justasportsfan
04-11-2013, 02:36 PM
read on twitter that hes in today or due in tomorrow

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/QB-Bray-WR-Patterson-TE-McDonald-S-Thomas-all-visit-Thursday/6486705e-7c9a-4f31-b62a-35f6cea953e4

Jaybird
04-11-2013, 02:44 PM
and they brought in Nassib

Night Train
04-11-2013, 02:44 PM
Mention him enough and Skooby will say he's the pick at #8, So he's heard.

trapezeus
04-11-2013, 02:46 PM
that's an interesting way to get to know a qb that isn't interviewing well as rumored.

Mski
04-11-2013, 03:14 PM
and they brought in Nassib

FWIW they didnt bring him in, they went to Syracuse to work him and others, im not 100% sure but i dont believe those count as one of the 30 allowed visits

tampabay25690
04-11-2013, 07:18 PM

Today they did

CleveSteve
04-16-2013, 02:34 PM
I was watching Sharrif Floyd vs. Tennessee cutup today. Those receivers were covered like gravy on a texas chicken-fried steak. He still stood in there and fired passes hitting the wideouts in the hands. He still had to do a number of throwaways that game, though, because the guys couldn't get separation AT ALL.

There was one play, however, in the 4th quarter where Florida came on a blitz and left Justin Hunter wide open/uncovered in the middle of the field. Bray hit him in the hands, and the ball hit the ground.

The guy definitely makes the most-impressive passes of all the guys in the draft this year. He's just not 100% consistent like you'd like to see. That's my opinion, anyways. I think he's the most talented passer, he's just not as heady as Geno or Barkley, which is very important.

trapezeus
04-16-2013, 04:33 PM
same thoughts. he throws the ball the best of the bunch. no effort, can launch it. but he's at Tennessee. their record should be better and he's a junior. would have liked to see him put up ridiculous numbers if he declares early. if not, i'm not sure he's going to be NFL ready for this year.

Which isn't a bad thing for the bills. let kolb play and let bray mature and learn. and if he still doesn't look like it from practice and such, draft again so that you have bray and another guy duking it out at the start of 2014 and kolb and tjax are gone.

The Jokeman
04-16-2013, 04:42 PM
same thoughts. he throws the ball the best of the bunch. no effort, can launch it. but he's at Tennessee. their record should be better and he's a junior. would have liked to see him put up ridiculous numbers if he declares early. if not, i'm not sure he's going to be NFL ready for this year.

Which isn't a bad thing for the bills. let kolb play and let bray mature and learn. and if he still doesn't look like it from practice and such, draft again so that you have bray and another guy duking it out at the start of 2014 and kolb and tjax are gone.

Good analysis and if Bray fails then take a QB in Round 1 of the 2015 draft.

trapezeus
04-16-2013, 05:25 PM
i'm saying draft qb in round 1 next year as well so you can part with kolb and tjax and have two youngsters battle. you have ultra talent from round 1 and then bray who should know what the system looks like. and if bray emerges, good, we got a great back up and possible trade bait. if not, it's the same crap as the last 13 years, and who cares. at least we are trying to address the most important position on the field.

The Jokeman
04-16-2013, 05:31 PM
i'm saying draft qb in round 1 next year as well so you can part with kolb and tjax and have two youngsters battle. you have ultra talent from round 1 and then bray who should know what the system looks like. and if bray emerges, good, we got a great back up and possible trade bait. if not, it's the same crap as the last 13 years, and who cares. at least we are trying to address the most important position on the field.

If we did get Bray I doubt he'd see the field in 2013. Instead it's an open competition between him, Kolb and TJax. I see Kolb winning, Bray as a number 2 and TJax as a #3 but leap frogging Bray as a starter if Kolb were to get hurt. I then see TJax struggling and Bray starting the last two games and showing some okay stuff and then gets a chance to starting in 2014 being backed up by Kolb and maybe another veteran at #3. So not sure we'd be so quick for a QB Round 1 in 2014.