PDA

View Full Version : Season over

Skooby
04-11-2013, 08:11 PM
It's officially no playoffs this year, goodbye.

coastal
04-11-2013, 08:24 PM
This team needs a defensive overhaul.

If they're going to keep Miller... Build around him and become the best defensive team in the NHL.

OpIv37
04-11-2013, 08:30 PM
Thanks Mitch. This thread saved me staying up til 1 am to watch the game on the DVR.

Skooby
04-11-2013, 09:55 PM
Thanks Mitch. This thread saved me staying up til 1 am to watch the game on the DVR.

Anytime!

SabreEleven
04-12-2013, 06:02 AM

I wouldn't even watch that game today if I were you, OP.

SkateZilla
04-12-2013, 10:42 AM
yeah, it was a horrible resemblance of hockey...

PTI
04-12-2013, 10:46 AM
Ott just licked the season good bye.

sukie
04-12-2013, 12:50 PM
I thought the late season playoff surge was scheduled to commence this weekend????

PTI
04-12-2013, 12:52 PM
I want to go back to the trade deadline, unfinished business

Mski
04-12-2013, 02:40 PM
out shot 42-15

SkateZilla
04-12-2013, 04:15 PM
7 pts and 3 teams woudl have to **** the bed and we'd have to pretty much win out.

Dude
04-13-2013, 07:22 AM
Are we allowed to boo now?

Skooby
04-13-2013, 03:50 PM
Are we allowed to boo now?

If you paid for game tickets, you can boo when you want.

coastal
04-13-2013, 06:10 PM
Beat the Flyers... Big ****ing deal.

typical buffalo sports team... A meaningless less win that does nothing except affect our draft position.

Dude
04-14-2013, 08:26 AM
If you paid for game tickets, you can boo when you want.Thanks, I didn't know that.

Skooby
04-14-2013, 09:05 AM
Thanks, I didn't know that.

Anytime.

Dude
04-14-2013, 08:02 PM
Are you allowed to cheer when you want also, or do you have to pay extra?

Skooby
04-14-2013, 08:10 PM
Are you allowed to cheer when you want also, or do you have to pay extra?

It's based on your level of alcoholism, if it hits you accordingly then it's to nuts time.

PTI
04-15-2013, 08:52 AM
TSN.ca actually has the current 4 teams in the Sabres division all in the top 7 in power rankings. Sabres really have somehow been amazing to be in the spot they are, but in reality would have been so much better to completely tank.

Enroth needs to play the rest of the games, or at least split to see what he can be. He is as good as Miller right now.

SkateZilla
04-15-2013, 10:37 AM
Beat the Flyers... Big ****ing deal.

typical buffalo sports team... A meaningless less win that does nothing except affect our draft position.

TBH, that 1-0 win, was the ugliest shutout win ever.

SkateZilla
04-15-2013, 10:52 AM
of the remaining games, which are obviously must wins at this point,

I'd put even more emphasis on Winning vs NYR and WPG in Regulation.

And also hoping WPG and NYR Lose 3-4 of their remaining games.

gebobs
04-15-2013, 11:08 AM
The best the Sabres can do is 52 points. The Rangers need just 3 wins in their last 7 to knock us out (same points but more wins).

Every game they have left but one is against teams beneath them in the standings. That game is against the Isles who are about tied with the Rags. By contrast, all 5 of the Sabres' games are against opponents ahead of them.

Fork. Done. Toast.

swiper
04-15-2013, 11:10 AM
Sheesh gebobs!

SkateZilla
04-15-2013, 11:28 AM
The best the Sabres can do is 52 points. The Rangers need just 3 wins in their last 7 to knock us out (same points but more wins).

Every game they have left but one is against teams beneath them in the standings. That game is against the Isles who are about tied with the Rags. By contrast, all 5 of the Sabres' games are against opponents ahead of them.

Fork. Done. Toast.

Pretty much.

Skooby
04-15-2013, 01:03 PM

Fork. Done. Toast.

After that Montreal debacle, the season ended for all intents & purposes. I did a breakdown & even an OT game for the teams ahead of us literally pushes us out, based on a normal scenario. We need lots of regulation wins & outright wins against the teams above us when they do not play each. It's highly unlikely that we will win all of our games, so that automatically puts us on deaths door.

trapezeus
04-15-2013, 01:07 PM
this team just needs to embrace the losing. it's hilarious that hte core darcy told us was so good while we argued that they weren't has been performing better without their "star" players.

Skooby
04-15-2013, 10:44 PM
this team just needs to embrace the losing. it's hilarious that hte core darcy told us was so good while we argued that they weren't has been performing better without their "star" players.

It goes to show you how misjudged by coaching the situation is ongoing, Darcy needs a pinkslip.

Skooby
04-17-2013, 04:52 AM
Jets have some tough games left:

Thu 18 CAR 8:00-TSN2 Tickets
Sat 20 NYI 3:00-TSN2 Tickets
Mon 22 @BUF 7:00-TSN2 Tickets
Tue 23 @WAS 7:00-TSN2 Tickets
Thu 25 MON

i can see 3 losses in there.

Rangers schedule is really soft:

FLA 7:00-MSG Tickets
Fri 19 @BUF 7:00-MSG Tickets
Sun 21 NJD 3:00-NBC Tickets
Tue 23 @FLA 7:30-MSG Tickets
Thu 25 @CAR 7:00-MSG Tickets
Sat 27 NJD

I can't see more than 2 losses in there.

SabreEleven
04-17-2013, 07:50 AM
The only thing left to do is to ruin their draft position.

Skooby
04-17-2013, 11:39 AM
The only thing left to do is to ruin their draft position.

Unless something incredibly odd happens to the Rangers & the Sabres just go on fire, yes. The odds of both of those things happening isn't that high, though we could easily catch the Jets with a great run because they're not going to win out.

SkateZilla
04-17-2013, 12:25 PM
Rangers schedule is really soft:

FLA 7:00-MSG Tickets
Fri 19 @BUF 7:00-MSG Tickets
Sun 21 NJD 3:00-NBC Tickets
Tue 23 @FLA 7:30-MSG Tickets
Thu 25 @CAR 7:00-MSG Tickets
Sat 27 NJD

I can't see more than 2 losses in there.

a 4-1 finish for them, losing to NJD..... Maybe.

Jets have some tough games left:

Thu 18 CAR 8:00-TSN2 Tickets
Sat 20 NYI 3:00-TSN2 Tickets
Mon 22 @BUF 7:00-TSN2 Tickets
Tue 23 @WAS 7:00-TSN2 Tickets
Thu 25 MON

i can see 3 losses in there.

Yeah, WSH, Montreal and NYI, they'll stomp the canes and the sabres.

Skooby
04-17-2013, 09:18 PM
Who's getting their hopes up now?? Just 2 points behind a playoff spot ?? Rangers play tomorrow night we play them Friday, if they lose & we can beat them.....

mightysimi
04-17-2013, 10:42 PM
You also play Winnipeg. If you can take them all, you have a shot. Well just for the right to get smashed by the penguins anyways.

Crisis
04-18-2013, 12:00 AM
Essentially 3 points out because our ROW is so low we have no tiebreakers, and the Rags have 2 games in hand on us. Extremely bleak.

Skooby
04-18-2013, 03:24 AM
Essentially 3 points out because our ROW is so low we have no tiebreakers, and the Rags have 2 games in hand on us. Extremely bleak.

Agreed but we play the 2 teams directly in front of us & can inflict damage from there, we need Scott to run a few folks & pop some skulls (breakfast club reference are hard to not use).

SkateZilla
04-18-2013, 10:19 AM
Agreed but we play the 2 teams directly in front of us & can inflict damage from there, we need Scott to run a few folks & pop some skulls (breakfast club reference are hard to not use).

Or Video Bomb their Pregame interviews.

DetDannyWilliams
04-18-2013, 09:24 PM
Not looking good... Damn Rags won over Panthers 6-1, Jets 4-3 over Hurricanes in OT

Skooby
04-18-2013, 10:16 PM
Not looking good... Damn Rags won over Panthers 6-1, Jets 4-3 over Hurricanes in OT

That hurt tonight, Rags have many weak games left.

SkateZilla
04-18-2013, 10:26 PM
and we'll have 5 days off to watch them win out before playing our last meaningless game.

swiper
04-19-2013, 05:03 AM
That hurt tonight, Rags have many weak games left.

Hurt? It's officially over. The Sabres should just lose out at this point. The team sucks. Can't wait for fans to start to turn on the messiah, Terry Pegula. He's done a terrible job with this team.

Dude
04-19-2013, 07:19 AM
If the Sabres make the playoffs it just provides false hope, and gives Pegula more reason to keep Regier.

trapezeus
04-19-2013, 07:48 AM
losing is the best medicine for this team.

Skooby
04-19-2013, 08:12 AM
Sad times with many people hoping for losses.

Dude
04-19-2013, 08:58 AM
Why? Be realistic - if they make the playoffs, likely as an 8 seed, do you really think they will do anything significant? It will just delay the inevitable, and then give the Sabres FO the ammunition they need to say they're making progress. You can get rid of the coach and ship out all the players, but if the GM who keeps making terrible personnel decisions remains, what progress is being made?

Skooby
04-19-2013, 10:21 AM
Why? Be realistic - if they make the playoffs, likely as an 8 seed, do you really think they will do anything significant? It will just delay the inevitable, and then give the Sabres FO the ammunition they need to say they're making progress. You can get rid of the coach and ship out all the players, but if the GM who keeps making terrible personnel decisions remains, what progress is being made?

Is there a chance that Ruff was the problem versus the players / management we have ?? Mind you, I'd like Darcy's head to roll but there's a chance that if Rolston was the coach from game 1 that this might be a different season. We have Miller that has played some unbelievable goal, Vanek who when not hurt has played great & found a leader in Ott. Ott plays big hockey & hits big, playing a man's game. The announcers even said during the last game that this is the best hockey the Sabres have played, good enough to take out our divisional leader in one game.

Let's win them all & see where the chips fall, I can't root against the Sabres for some type of potential better draft pick. This isn't the NFL, where most of the early picks have good odds of becoming stars.

Dude
04-19-2013, 11:57 AM
I don't give a **** about draft position - where did I say that?

Skooby
04-19-2013, 12:01 PM
I don't give a **** about draft position - where did I say that?

LOL, what if Ruff was the real douche & we do have some players to succeed at some level now ?

Dude
04-19-2013, 12:10 PM
And? Regier needs to be fired. Winning validates his employment right now.

trapezeus
04-19-2013, 12:36 PM
so we have partially one good line with vanek and ott and miller who never really locks anything down long enough to win the whole kit and kaboodle? that's how we are going to roll past the penguins?

some of us what to win through calculated move. the sabres have 1,000 picks in rounds 1 and 2. the lower they are and the better shot they have at the top ball, the more they can wheel and deal to get players through draft and trades into the org for next season. and with a new coach, it's a new outlook and anything can happen.

if they get the 9th spot, have a middle pick with no immediate impact player and can't move their picks for other players, this is going to be a slow rebuild. and when this season ends as a massive failure, you'll have 2-3 more just like this one if we can't retool quickly. we have plenty of picks. if we could get a top ball, we get a big time starter. we trade a couple for an established star, we bring grigs up, we use the heart players like porter etc, we could have a 2005-06 team where they could really gel.

but this sabres team looks like they'd like nothing more than to collect the last check and get into their break.

Skooby
04-19-2013, 12:58 PM
so we have partially one good line with vanek and ott and miller who never really locks anything down long enough to win the whole kit and kaboodle? that's how we are going to roll past the penguins?

some of us what to win through calculated move. the sabres have 1,000 picks in rounds 1 and 2. the lower they are and the better shot they have at the top ball, the more they can wheel and deal to get players through draft and trades into the org for next season. and with a new coach, it's a new outlook and anything can happen.

if they get the 9th spot, have a middle pick with no immediate impact player and can't move their picks for other players, this is going to be a slow rebuild. and when this season ends as a massive failure, you'll have 2-3 more just like this one if we can't retool quickly. we have plenty of picks. if we could get a top ball, we get a big time starter. we trade a couple for an established star, we bring grigs up, we use the heart players like porter etc, we could have a 2005-06 team where they could really gel.

but this sabres team looks like they'd like nothing more than to collect the last check and get into their break.

I don't see us moving much betweeen the 9th-11th spot in the East, so I wouldn't worry about it much. If we somehow see the Rangers collapse with our rise, that's a different story but it's out of bounds right now.

- - - Updated - - -

And? Regier needs to be fired. Winning validates his employment right now.

His employment validates his employment, there needs to be a replacement found as needed & it's going to take the summer to do it.

Skooby
04-19-2013, 06:44 PM
5-0 Rangers, wow is this horrible.

Skooby
04-19-2013, 06:50 PM
6-0 now, it's all over but the shouting.

Dude
04-19-2013, 07:15 PM
Is there a chance that Ruff was the problem versus the players / management we have ?? Mind you, I'd like Darcy's head to roll but there's a chance that if Rolston was the coach from game 1 that this might be a different season. We have Miller that has played some unbelievable goal, Vanek who when not hurt has played great & found a leader in Ott. Ott plays big hockey & hits big, playing a man's game. The announcers even said during the last game that this is the best hockey the Sabres have played, good enough to take out our divisional leader in one game.

Let's win them all & see where the chips fall, I can't root against the Sabres for some type of potential better draft pick. This isn't the NFL, where most of the early picks have good odds of becoming stars.Yeah, I don't think Rolston would have made a difference with this lackluster group.

Gut this pig and start over.

Skooby
04-19-2013, 07:18 PM
Yeah, I don't think Rolston would have made a difference with this lackluster group.

Gut this pig and start over.

7-3 baby, it's only a 4 goal spread !

WagonCircler
04-20-2013, 02:31 PM
If you paid for game tickets, you can boo when you want.

I paid for game tickets, but chose to leave, rather than boo, once the score became 6-0.

By then, I'd say the crowd was 70 percent idiot Canadians.

I can get that at the Boulevard Mall for free.

Skooby
04-20-2013, 02:47 PM
I paid for game tickets, but chose to leave, rather than boo, once the score became 6-0.

By then, I'd say the crowd was 70 percent idiot Canadians.

I can get that at the Boulevard Mall for free.

LOL, classic.

swiper
04-21-2013, 05:08 AM
http://www.brainlesstales.com/images/2009/Jan/you-are-toast.jpg

Time to tear it completely down.

I'm all for dumping everyone except Ennis, Hodgson, Kaleta and Vanek.

SkateZilla
04-21-2013, 10:32 AM
Statement game... and we get blown out 8-4

WagonCircler
04-21-2013, 10:12 PM
http://www.brainlesstales.com/images/2009/Jan/you-are-toast.jpg

Time to tear it completely down.

I'm all for dumping everyone except Ennis, Hodgson, Kaleta and Vanek.

I'm with you if you add Ott.