PDA

View Full Version : A New Bills idiot mock award

TigerJ
04-12-2013, 10:40 AM
As many of you know. This is just something I like to do leading up to the draft. I look at a lot of mock drafts, hundreds of them to tell the truth. Some of them seem to have a good handle on what the Bills need. On the other hand, some of them seem to be completely clueless. I like to recognize for Bills fans the ones that seem to me to stand out from the crowd for their cluelessness. Out today is one from the NFL Draft Room. This is a two round affair. In the first round this mock drafter projects that Buffalo addresses a dire need (my words) to add a defensive tackle, and drafts Star Lotulelei. Huh. So who will they send to the bench Marcel Dareus? Kyle Williams? Alan Branch? Mario Williams? It's not that Star Lotulelei isn't a great player (if his heart issue doesn't crop up again) but just where is the need? Well, the mock drafter redeems himself when he projects Manti Teo to the Bills in round 2. At this point it appears the Bills project that Nigel Bradham will move inside to join Kelvin Sheppard. Teo had an outstanding college career at Notre Dame, and might be an upgrade over Kelvin Sheppard, but that's not a certainty. The big issue with this mock is what it doesn't address. The most obvious needs are on the offensive side of the ball where the best QB options for the Bills at the moment are journeymen and the cupboard is pretty bare at WR. I know I wouldn't be very happy if the Bills drafted this way. http://nfldr.blogspot.com/p/2013-nfl-mock-draft.html

Ginger Vitis
04-12-2013, 10:46 AM
Lotuleilei in the 1st and Teo in the 2nd Round I dont love it but ive seen you give out idiot mock draft awards that were much worse than this mock draft but the Lotuleilei pick in the 1st would definitely anger at least half the masses on this board

Cali512
04-12-2013, 11:21 AM
Lotuleilei in the 1st and Teo in the 2nd Round I dont love it but ive seen you give out idiot mock draft awards that were much worse than this mock draft but the Lotuleilei pick in the 1st would definitely anger at least half the masses on this board

Unless we trade KW, this would make no sense. Or if we run a 5 DL 2 LB scheme lol. Star in the middle, KW, MD on the guards, and Mario and Anderson as DEs

DraftBoy
04-12-2013, 11:22 AM
Unless we trade KW, this would make no sense. Or if we run a 5 DL 2 LB scheme lol. Star in the middle, KW, MD on the guards, and Mario and Anderson as DEs

What about in a 34 with KW and MD at DE?

swiper
04-12-2013, 12:05 PM

Hey what if they draft Lotulelei at #8 then trade him right away to the Redskins for Kirk Cousins. QB problem solved.

:lol:

TigerJ
04-12-2013, 01:43 PM
Lotuleilei in the 1st and Teo in the 2nd Round I dont love it but ive seen you give out idiot mock draft awards that were much worse than this mock draft but the Lotuleilei pick in the 1st would definitely anger at least half the masses on this boardMy main issue with it is that it does little to nothing to address needs, particularly Lotulelei. Buffalo already has very good to great players on the offensive line. I'm assuming that Dareus has been able to put the murder of his younger brother behind him and is primed to have a monster year. Kyle Williams probably has a couple more years in his prime, and should be very good for a few years past that. Buffalo just signed Alan Branch, who has been an excellent run defender if less than dominant as a pass rusher. Plus, Buffalo has depth on the line. Teo, as I said, may be a modest upgrade at the MLB spot, that that is not certain. Some have compared Teo to Paul Pozlusny who racks up tackle numbers but makes a lot of those tackles four and five yards past the LOS, and way too few for little or no gain. I don't personally think that's what Mike Pettine is looking for. I think the main thing that keeps this from looking worse than it does is that it's only two rounds, but you have to hit in round one and this one misses.

kingJofNYC
04-12-2013, 02:15 PM
Williams and Dareus, then no one even remotely close to starting caliber. No issue at all with taking Star, Pettine loves to rotate guys in, we need depth at DL.

feldspar
04-12-2013, 02:52 PM
If the Cowboys draft Tyler Wilson in the first, I'll eat my hat. They just guaranteed Tony Romo $55 million.

This guy says Wilson "has all the tools to be an elite passer in the NFL," so that's why the COWBOYS will pick him at #18. The Cowboys aren't even in the market for a BACKUP quarterback, really...they have Kyle Orton signed for 2 more years.

This idiot mock has three teams picking a QB in the first TWO rounds: the Cowboys, Bears, and Jets...oh, and the BRONCOS...

You're right, TigerJ, this guy is clueless.

TigerJ
04-12-2013, 06:31 PM
Williams and Dareus, then no one even remotely close to starting caliber. No issue at all with taking Star, Pettine loves to rotate guys in, we need depth at DL.In my opiinion, Alan Branch is a starting caliber defensive lineman in the 3-4. As I've said, he's not much for pressuring the passer, but that's not what the defensive linemen in the 3-4 are primarilly responsible to do. Alex Carrington is probably not a starting caliber player, but he can certainly contribute as a role player in rotation. Otherwise, I admit there are mostly question marks. Maybe Troup can finally contribute. Maybe Jarron Gilbert can show he's more than a guy who can jump out of the shallow end of a swimming pool. Then there are a couple of no name scrubs. I don't think we use a first round pick to turn Alan Branch into a rotational player, which is what drafting Star Lotulelei would do. Too many other critical needs.

Johnny Bugmenot
04-12-2013, 06:48 PM
If the Cowboys draft Tyler Wilson in the first, I'll eat my hat. They just guaranteed Tony Romo $55 million.

This guy says Wilson "has all the tools to be an elite passer in the NFL," so that's why the COWBOYS will pick him at #18. The Cowboys aren't even in the market for a BACKUP quarterback, really...they have Kyle Orton signed for 2 more years.

This idiot mock has three teams picking a QB in the first TWO rounds: the Cowboys, Bears, and Jets...oh, and the BRONCOS...

You're right, TigerJ, this guy is clueless.

In his defense, the QB class looks like crap this year. It was only three years ago that there were indeed only three picked: Bradford, Tebow and Clausen. Bradford's Rams are in the basement, Clausen flamed out, and Tebow is currently a third stringer. So, either we end up with a similar problem this year or that position ends up grossly overvalued.

feldspar
04-12-2013, 07:18 PM
In his defense, the QB class looks like crap this year. It was only three years ago that there were indeed only three picked: Bradford, Tebow and Clausen. Bradford's Rams are in the basement, Clausen flamed out, and Tebow is currently a third stringer. So, either we end up with a similar problem this year or that position ends up grossly overvalued.

There is no defense of that guy predicting these things. He thinks that NONE of the most QB-needy teams are going to pick a QB in the first 2 rounds, except the Jets...this would NEVER, EVER happen in a million years.

Even if it did, which it won't, he has teams that are set at QB picking them:
The Broncos have Peyton Manning, and they drafted Brock Osweiler in the second round last year.
I already said why it's idiotic to think the Cowboys will take a QB in the first.

That's the big thing...the Cowboys. LOL.

And why would THESE teams pick QBs when they have starters & backups if the class is so weak? I could see that maybe the Bears might want to pick up a guy to develop sometime in the draft.

The Bills will pick a QB in the first two round, for one...they certainly aren't going to pick a DT at #8, I'll tell you that.

BillsFever21
04-12-2013, 08:45 PM
The Manti Teo pick in the second round wouldn't be a stretch at all if he was still available. Whether his game translated to the NFL or not would be a different story.

Kelvin Sheppard has been completely horrible and anybody who thinks otherwise hasn't been paying much attention to him. In reality it shouldn't take much to find an upgrade over him if we drafted a LB in the second or even third round.

In the first four rounds after we get a QB and in no specific order we need to draft a LB, WR and CB depending on who is the best available player at the position when the pick comes up. LB is one of our biggest needs since Sheppard has been garbage and it's not like Bradham is a highly touted player. Even if we were fine there now that we're switching to a 34 it makes it an even bigger need. Manny Lawson isn't an every down player(or shouldn't be) and we need multiple bodies just to fill out the unit let alone having legitimate starters and/or backups. We don't have one legitimate starting LB at this time and yet we're going to have four of them on the field at a time.

TigerJ
04-12-2013, 09:34 PM
If the Bills had picked a QB in the first, then Teo in the second wouldn't be much of a stretch. It's a stretch to think of the Bills not drafting an offensive player in either round one or two.