PDA

View Full Version : QB,LB,WR and Safety

YardRat
04-12-2013, 10:11 PM
According to the local news report the Bills are done with their 30 visits and those were the only four positions represented. I believe the breakdown was 9 QBs, 7 LBers, 7 WRs and 6 safeties.

Thief
04-12-2013, 10:21 PM
guess kinda odd no te or og

clumping platelets
04-12-2013, 11:59 PM
First pick will be Warmack :up:

feldspar
04-13-2013, 01:35 AM
guess kinda odd no te or og

They had pre-draft visits by TWO Tight Ends:
Ryan Griffin, Connecticut
Vance McDonald, Rice

A Fullback also visited:
Kyle Juszczyk, Harvard

Other than those three, all the rest of the visits were from QBs, LBs, WRs and S. You can pretty much bet that we are going to take a player from one of those positions at #8.

Night Train
04-13-2013, 04:46 AM
First pick will be Warmack :up:

So often the non-visitor is selected, who states " I didn't know they were interested in me ! "

We have no idea what they are thinking.

tampabay25690
04-13-2013, 04:54 AM
QB or WR with first 2 picks!

YardRat
04-13-2013, 06:11 AM
Has Buddy ever used a first on a player that didn't visit?

Bone
04-13-2013, 06:51 AM
The past 3 years he has not.

DraftBoy
04-13-2013, 07:02 AM

Nope

swiper
04-13-2013, 07:11 AM
Nope

Glad he snuck in Kyle Juszczyk and Ja'Gared Davis in that case!

YardRat
04-13-2013, 07:14 AM
Nope

Did you ever get a complete list of the visits?

feldspar
04-13-2013, 08:35 AM
Did you ever get a complete list of the visits?

Quarterbacks:
E.J. Manuel, Florida State
Mike Glennon, North Carolina State
Geno Smith, West Virginia
Landry Jones, Oklahoma
Jeff Tuel, Washington State
Matt Scott, Arizona
Matt Barkley, USC
Tyler Bray, Tennessee
Tyler Wilson, Arkansas.

Wide receivers:
Russell Shepard, Louisiana State
Ryan Swope, Texas A&M
Justin Hunter, Tennessee
Zach Rogers, Tennessee
Da'Rick Rogers, Tennessee Tech
Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee

Linebackers:
Jamie Collins, Southern Mississippi
Kevin Minter, Louisiana State
Jarvis Jones, Georgia
Barkevious Mingo, Louisiana State
Dion Jordan, Oregon
Alec Ogletree, Georgia
Ja'Gared Davis, Southern Methodist

Safeties:
Cooper Taylor, Richmond
Malcolm Bronson, McNeese State
Jonathan Meeks, Clemson
Kenny Vaccaro, Texas
Phillip Thomas, Fresno State

Tight ends:
Ryan Griffin, Connecticut
Vance McDonald, Rice

Fullback:
Kyle Juszczyk, Harvard

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2013/04/for-the-record-buffalo-bills-conclude-their-30-pre-draft-visits.html

Mski
04-13-2013, 09:26 AM
Quarterbacks:
E.J. Manuel, Florida State
Mike Glennon, North Carolina State
Geno Smith, West Virginia
Landry Jones, Oklahoma
Jeff Tuel, Washington State
Matt Scott, Arizona
Matt Barkley, USC
Tyler Bray, Tennessee
Tyler Wilson, Arkansas.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2013/04/for-the-record-buffalo-bills-conclude-their-30-pre-draft-visits.html

interesting name thats not one the list

swiper
04-13-2013, 09:30 AM
Yeah. I thought Nassib did visit.

The last buffalo fan
04-13-2013, 11:02 AM
Yeah. I thought Nassib did visit.

No, they went to the Cuse.

jwenger
04-15-2013, 02:59 PM
I'd like to see Ryan Swope WR Texas A&M get drafted by us.
He runs great routes and is blazing fast 4.3 timed 40 at the combine.
Thats in Tavon Austin company. Think about WHO helped make Johnny"Football"Manziel
look so great and win the Heisman Trophy as a freshmen. It was the pass catching and TD's
produced by RYAN SWOPE. We could get him in the 3rd. He'll be gone before our 4th round pick.
We snooze we lose but thats Buffalo isn't it??

stuckincincy
04-15-2013, 03:27 PM
Thats in Tavon Austin company. Think about WHO helped make Johnny"Football"Manziel
look so great and win the Heisman Trophy as a freshmen. It was the pass catching and TD's
produced by RYAN SWOPE. We could get him in the 3rd. He'll be gone before our 4th round pick.

Dunno - he might be there in the latter 4th.

BillsFever21
04-15-2013, 04:48 PM
Three Tennessee WR's for a visit? Maybe they are looking at Tyler Bray as a possibility in the 3rd or maybe second round and would like to bring in one of his WR's if possible.

CleveSteve
04-15-2013, 09:44 PM
Three Tennessee WR's for a visit? Maybe they are looking at Tyler Bray as a possibility in the 3rd or maybe second round and would like to bring in one of his WR's if possible.

It's actually four, counting Da'Rick Rogers the former Vol who played with Bray.

The SEC bias on this list is clear, lol.

Love me some Ja'Gared Davis (http://cornerblitz.com/2013/Features/UTR-JaGared-Davis.aspx), though. Guy is going to be a really nice late pickup for someone.

kingJofNYC
04-15-2013, 10:26 PM
S list is the most interesting one. It's basically Vaccarro or no one until the 3rd round, he's the only first round guy on that list, no sign of Cyprien.

Now lets look at the WR list, I see one first round pick and that's Patterson.

Only see two first round picks with the LBs, Mingo/Dion and Dion probably won't be available at 8.

Then there's the QBs. We know Geno is going first and the Eagles/Raiders are strong landing spots, that leaves us with Nassib, Wilson, Glennon, EJ, and Barkley. Which one of these guys is worth the 8th overall selection?

So, since some of you love to bring up Nix's 3 draft sample, and how he only drafted visits in the third round, we can make a pretty good guess that the Bills are drafting one of Vaccarro, Mingo, Jordan, Patterson, or they reach for a QB.

jamze132
04-16-2013, 03:39 AM
I still want me some Jarvis Jones at #8.

swiper
04-16-2013, 04:37 AM
Love me some Ja'Gared Davis (http://cornerblitz.com/2013/Features/UTR-JaGared-Davis.aspx), though. Guy is going to be a really nice late pickup for someone.

Well the Bills are certainly on to him, having invited him for a visit.

swiper
04-16-2013, 04:39 AM
Only see two first round picks with the LBs, Mingo/Dion and Dion probably won't be available at 8.

Jarvis Jones?

kingJofNYC
04-16-2013, 06:41 AM
Jarvis Jones?

I don't see he him going that high. Probably a second rounder at this point. Hunters another receiver that can sneak into the 1st but I doubt he's the choice at 8.

streetkings01
04-16-2013, 07:26 AM
So often the non-visitor is selected, who states " I didn't know they were interested in me ! "

We have no idea what they are thinking.I believe since Nix has been GM every player that we drafted in the 1st came in for a pre-draft visit.

streetkings01
04-16-2013, 07:28 AM
I don't see he him going that high. Probably a second rounder at this point. Hunters another receiver that can sneak into the 1st but I doubt he's the choice at 8.He'll be a 1st round pick.........his tape doesn't lie.....he's a beast. From what I've read the scouts didn't expect him to wow them running drills.......its on the field where he's a beast not in shorts.

kingJofNYC
04-16-2013, 08:36 AM
Yeah, I like Hunter too, and pray that he somehow falls to us in the 2nd if they don't select a receiver in the first. His injury held him back, guy still has huge upside.

CleveSteve
04-16-2013, 02:26 PM
Well the Bills are certainly on to him, having invited him for a visit.

Yeah I was disappointed that neither he nor his teammate Taylor Reed were invited to the combine. Two super-productive collegiate 3-4 LBs... you'd think teams would want to take a look at them, especially with half the NFL in a 3-4 now.

The Jokeman
04-16-2013, 04:47 PM
I still want me some Jarvis Jones at #8.

If he ran a 4.7 forty I'd no doubt want him but those 4.9s scare me as that's a bit slow for a LB. Right now my top two guys with pick 8 are Dion Jordan, likely gone, and Coradelle Patterson.

Yet in a perfect world we could move down and get LG Cooper, use our 2nd Rounder on someone like DeAndre Hopkins a 2nd we acquire in the trade down for Tyler Bray and get Michael Buchannan in Round 3.

The Jokeman
04-16-2013, 04:50 PM

Swope reminds me of Brian Hartline. I just don't see him as an elite athlete so if he's there in the 3rd I'd be willing to take him but partial to other guys.

The Jokeman
04-16-2013, 04:52 PM
S list is the most interesting one. It's basically Vaccarro or no one until the 3rd round, he's the only first round guy on that list, no sign of Cyprien.

Now lets look at the WR list, I see one first round pick and that's Patterson.

Then there's the QBs. We know Geno is going first and the Eagles/Raiders are strong landing spots, that leaves us with Nassib, Wilson, Glennon, EJ, and Barkley. Which one of these guys is worth the 8th overall selection?

So, since some of you love to bring up Nix's 3 draft sample, and how he only drafted visits in the third round, we can make a pretty good guess that the Bills are drafting one of Vaccarro, Mingo, Jordan, Patterson, or they reach for a QB.

No on Mingo and Varrarro! Yet at the end of the day I feel we're going to reach on EJ Manuel.

tatersalad
04-16-2013, 04:52 PM

We have no idea what they are thinking.

Not with Buddy it doesn't

CleveSteve
04-17-2013, 08:10 AM
Swope reminds me of Brian Hartline. I just don't see him as an elite athlete so if he's there in the 3rd I'd be willing to take him but partial to other guys.

Using what criteria? He had the second-best 40 time at the combine, vertical jumped 37" (tying Patterson and Wheaton), was well above average in the bench and broad jump, was near the top in the 3-cone with a 6.76, then hit the average WR short shuttle time.

What do you want him to do?

The Jokeman
04-17-2013, 12:37 PM
Using what criteria? He had the second-best 40 time at the combine, vertical jumped 37" (tying Patterson and Wheaton), was well above average in the bench and broad jump, was near the top in the 3-cone with a 6.76, then hit the average WR short shuttle time.

What do you want him to do?

Be two inches taller and 13 lbs heavier and a darker shade lol I don't just a feeling.