PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Insider: Jaws breaks down top QBs

Pinkerton Security
04-15-2013, 07:49 AM
2. Ryan Nassib (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/29300/ryan-nassib), Syracuse
The more I watched Nassib, the more I liked him. On the positive side, he has shown a good strong arm and can make touch throws. On the negative, he has lacked consistency on corner routes and deeper routes and has struggled with accuracy.
Mechanically, he's very good. I like his quick stroke. Even with a little load, he gets the ball out fast and secures the ball well when he gets it in his hands. Those might seem like little things, but in the NFL all the little things are amplified and can be the difference between success and failure.
There's also a scheme element that I like. Yes, Nassib is coming from a spread offense, but most of the passing concepts used by Doug Marrone's offense project well in the NFL. At a minimum, Nassib will fit well with the Buffalo Bills (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/buf/buffalo-bills). Just saying…

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9151068/2013-nfl-draft-ron-jaworski-ranks-top-quarterbacks-draft

Idk Jaws' history as far as actually doing well in his QB assessments but thought it was worth putting out there. He has:
1 - Geno
2 - Nassib
3 - Manuel
4 - Jones
5 - Glennon
6 - Barkley ("Among this group, he might be the most mentally ready to succeed in the NFL from day one. But when push comes to shove, I think he needs to find himself in the right system because I'm not sold on significant upside.")
7 - Wilson
8 - Bray

sukie
04-15-2013, 07:55 AM
So If that was the QB prevailing big board... Does anyone else see Barkley in the second?

MikeInRoch
04-15-2013, 08:13 AM
I hope we don't see him getting taken by us in the second...

Night Train
04-15-2013, 09:11 AM
It looks like any pass more than 25-30 yards just wobbles and is up for grabs.

I understand the 'Cuse connection but I don't like QB's with built-in limitations physically.

Buddo
04-15-2013, 09:28 AM
It looks like any pass more than 25-30 yards just wobbles and is up for grabs.

I understand the 'Cuse connection but I don't like QB's with built-in limitations physically.

I don't think he's physically limited, I think it is a technical limitation, that can be fixed. He has more than enough juice on most of the 20 yard throws I've seen, to get the football way downfield. I don't see arm strength as the problem, I see it as timing, touch and technique on the deep throws. Again, all of which can be either taught, or can come with experience.

TigerJ
04-15-2013, 10:13 AM
So If that was the QB prevailing big board... Does anyone else see Barkley in the second?Of course not, but suggesting that could be the prevailing big board is a huge "if." BTW, I'm not a Barkley fan, and hope he is not the Bills' pick. BTW, Jaworski's top three also top my wish list for QB, though I don't have a particular order in mind.

SpikedLemonade
04-15-2013, 11:05 AM
Idk Jaws' history as far as actually doing well in his QB assessments but thought it was worth putting out there. He has:
1 - Geno
2 - Nassib
3 - Manuel

I have it a coinflip between Nassib and Manuel with Manuel having the better upside.

swiper
04-15-2013, 11:55 AM
Face it. None of these will likely be top-10 NFL QBs.

Skooby
04-15-2013, 12:16 PM
Face it. None of these will likely be top-10 NFL QBs.

If you have 10 QB's drafted, one of them should turn out to be pretty good (maybe even 2). The question is for us is will will pick the right one, Nassib.

swiper
04-15-2013, 01:47 PM
If you have 10 QB's drafted, one of them should turn out to be pretty good (maybe even 2). The question is for us is will will pick the right one, Nassib.

The Cardinals are having dinner with Nassib and OL Lane Johnson tonight.