PDA

View Full Version : if you could go back in time at January 2013

trapezeus
04-15-2013, 01:05 PM
IF i told you that out of the 3 names (Levitre, Byrd, and Mckelvin) that mckelvin would be the one signed to a long term deal, how angry would you have been. Now that it's happened, some people want to believe that this is the recipe for success.

This is a complete rebuild and frankly signing mckelvin now just looks like a way to get to the minimum cap to be compliant with the CBA. The worst team in the last 13 years has remained as crowned previously.

I have seen people who live in other countries who don't even know football partake in fantasy football with greater success that Russ Brandon's FO.

BillsFever21
04-15-2013, 04:10 PM
You're a loser and not a fan. Signing McKelvin to 4 million dollars was a great deal when most other CB's at his level was lucky to get a couple million dollars this offseason. And to think we should've already had Byrd signed with the money we saved from not re-signing Levitre is another loser comment. Byrd is easily replaceable.

Sarcasm off now.

BLeonard
04-15-2013, 04:26 PM
If I had to guess, McKelvin only re-signed because his agent couldn't decipher him saying "I wanna get the *** out of Buffalo and play for an NFL team." Levitre and Byrd, by compariosn, are far easier to understand.

-Bill

BillsFever21
04-15-2013, 04:29 PM
If I had to guess, McKelvin only re-signed because his agent couldn't decipher him saying "I wanna get the *** out of Buffalo and play for an NFL team." Levitre and Byrd, by compariosn, are far easier to understand.

-Bill

McKelvin re-signed because he knew NOBODY else was going to give him a 4yr deal for 4 million a year on average after 5 horrendous failed seasons at the CB position. The proof is with all of the other contracts signed by CB's of his level or better this offseason.

trapezeus
04-16-2013, 10:50 AM
just remember if byrd or levitre could return a punt or kick for a TD, they would still be here.

justasportsfan
04-16-2013, 10:56 AM
Now that it's happened, some people want to believe that this is the recipe for success.

who believes that?

DraftBoy
04-16-2013, 10:59 AM
Going back 90 days I'm not sure there is a lot you want to do differently. Now 18 months ago yea sure then you can talk about resigning Levitre and locking up Byrd for cheap but not back in Jan.

Night Train
04-16-2013, 11:00 AM
I knew Levitre would get some insane offer few teams would pay for a Guard, let alone the Bills.
Byrd has Eugene Holdout Parker as his agent, so I'm not surprised at all with his current status.

I'm hardly a Bills apologist but most all teams would have done the exact same thing.

Mr. Pink
04-16-2013, 11:01 AM
This is exactly what everyone should have thought back in January, actually.

mjt328
04-16-2013, 11:35 AM
This is exactly what everyone should have thought back in January, actually.

That's what I was thinking.

I knew mid-season that we were watching Levitre's last season in a Bills uniform. I've got a growing sense that Byrd will get traded before the season.

Buffalo rarely surprises me when it comes to free agents. Last year was definitely an exception. I never expected them to re-sign Stevie after he was benched the last game of the season. And I never thought they would pursue Mario Williams. Looks like we are back to normal in Buffalo.

trapezeus
04-16-2013, 12:19 PM
any other company routinely let their best employees leave in their prime?

the bills have let a lot of people go over the years, but normally it was because thye had a bunch of people due at the same time and they selected the wrong guys.

They had 2. Mckelvin was worth keeping if you were looking to keep building on what you have. but if you are going to jettison your receiving corp, and OL and tacklers, etc, why spend anything on him other than to keep the salary cap. and then no FA signings? pathetic.

They had 2 guys they needed to pay....and they let them go. we'll all go back to wondering what's wrong with our city when it has nothing to do with the city. it has to do that complete imbeciles are running the shop.

There are apologists out there. "his agent is tough" "too expensive for guard."

Levitre never missed a game, played where ever you needed him and was part of a group that was much better than 2-3 years ago. they gave fitz time. you find a way to keep him here for a few years and pay upfront and have the contract amortize over a few years.

there are people saying this is a team that will do better than 2 to 4 wins. they actually think losing a guard and his back up somehow is useful.

As stated by me to the point of making you all ill, Russ Brandon has no ****ing clue what he's doing and as long as ralph and him are attached to the team, they will be a sideways traveling team going from 5-10 to 7-9 seasons over a 3 year period.

This rebuild will be as pathetic as the last one.

coastal
04-16-2013, 12:25 PM
any other company routinely let their best employees leave in their prime?

the bills have let a lot of people go over the years, but normally it was because thye had a bunch of people due at the same time and they selected the wrong guys.

They had 2. Mckelvin was worth keeping if you were looking to keep building on what you have. but if you are going to jettison your receiving corp, and OL and tacklers, etc, why spend anything on him other than to keep the salary cap. and then no FA signings? pathetic.

They had 2 guys they needed to pay....and they let them go. we'll all go back to wondering what's wrong with our city when it has nothing to do with the city. it has to do that complete imbeciles are running the shop.

There are apologists out there. "his agent is tough" "too expensive for guard."

Levitre never missed a game, played where ever you needed him and was part of a group that was much better than 2-3 years ago. they gave fitz time. you find a way to keep him here for a few years and pay upfront and have the contract amortize over a few years.

there are people saying this is a team that will do better than 2 to 4 wins. they actually think losing a guard and his back up somehow is useful.

As stated by me to the point of making you all ill, Russ Brandon has no ****ing clue what he's doing and as long as ralph and him are attached to the team, they will be a sideways traveling team going from 5-10 to 7-9 seasons over a 3 year period.

This rebuild will be as pathetic as the last one.
Couldn't agree more.

Meathead
04-16-2013, 03:53 PM
fwiw mcknumbnuts looked like a completely different player the last portion of the season when he was thrust into the starting job due to injury. if he can maintain that level of play going forward i will be thrilled with his contract.

trapezeus
04-16-2013, 04:08 PM
he still gets routinely beat on jump balls in the back of the endzone.

i've always thought its strange the bills have this obsession with CBs and secondary players when the game can be won with your front 7 and average CB's. Make a qb throw off his back foot without a perfect pocket and they all look shaky. qb's don't like getting hit. if you are struggling to find spaces to pay people, it's always a good idea to raid the LB free agent market.

but these are the bills.