PDA

View Full Version : So any leak of the name of the players who trashed the combine hotel yet?

ghz in pittsburgh
04-15-2013, 07:40 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--combine-organizer--players--trashed-hotel-room-included-partially-eaten-food-left-on-bed-215753040.html

Can't say I'm surprised. Not because these guys were spoiled, which in most cases they are for being invited to the combine. If you have gone through somewhat semblance of high school, 3 college years, or even some normal family life from parents, you know what to behave in public, in hotel. Sadly, a lot of football players had NONE of that in their entire life other than raw animal, oh sorry athletic, ability.

gonzo1105
04-15-2013, 07:45 PM
The rumor and I say rumor strongly is that it was WR Cordarelle Patterson and WR Mark Harrison from Rutgers

capitolneal
04-15-2013, 08:50 PM
Makes sense ( your rumor ) Patterson is dropping hard and fast

Ginger Vitis
04-15-2013, 08:55 PM
lol at the agent who complained "You're messing with a guys life" How the do the chambermaids feel having to clean up all that garbage and feces..

jpdex12
04-15-2013, 09:01 PM
Holy crap! Did you see how much bigger EJ Manuel is than any other QB in that picture?

BertSquirtgum
04-15-2013, 09:26 PM
What's wrong with trashing hotel rooms? I've done it many times and they just put the extra charges on my credit card.

- - - Updated - - -

The feces and urine is just plain wrong though.

Parzival
04-15-2013, 09:51 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--combine-organizer--players--trashed-hotel-room-included-partially-eaten-food-left-on-bed-215753040.html

Can't say I'm surprised. Not because these guys were spoiled, which in most cases they are for being invited to the combine. If you have gone through somewhat semblance of high school, 3 college years, or even some normal family life from parents, you know what to behave in public, in hotel. Sadly, a lot of football players had NONE of that in their entire life other than raw animal, oh sorry athletic, ability.

Let's not condemn many for the actions of a very few here...yeah a lot of these guys are spoiled without a doubt, but the majority of them dont go around doing disgusting stuff like this.

Mouldsie
04-16-2013, 01:21 AM
I would remove them completely from my board.

better days
04-16-2013, 08:02 AM
I would remove them completely from my board.

Not me. Often people do STUPID **** they later regret. Guy has a 1st rnd grade, I would draft him in the 3rd & structure his contract to allow for stupid mistakes in the future then he loses money.

HAMMER
04-16-2013, 10:51 AM
Most people are taught to treat others belongings/property with respect and at least as well as their own. These clowns are missing some basic social graces and common sense. There is no way in hell I draft a guy that did something like this, reeks of character issues.

HAMMER
04-16-2013, 10:55 AM
What's wrong with trashing hotel rooms? I've done it many times and they just put the extra charges on my credit card.

- - - Updated - - -

Pure class.

better days
04-16-2013, 11:01 AM
Most people are taught to treat others belongings/property with respect and at least as well as their own. These clowns are missing some basic social graces and common sense. There is no way in hell I draft a guy that did something like this, reeks of character issues.

While I agree with you about respecting others property, these guys probably did not equate a Corporations property in the same respect as a persons property. Would have been nice if they had to clean it up themselves.

In the larger sense, people like Ray Lewis were involved in MUCH WORSE so as disgusting as it was, it was not that big a deal. They weren't even charged with a misdemeanor.

jpdex12
04-16-2013, 11:55 AM
By the way, did anyone see how much bigger Manuel is than those other abs?

BertSquirtgum
04-16-2013, 12:01 PM
Pure class.

When I'm paying $300 for a suite do you think I care how it looks when I leave the next morning?

TedMock
04-16-2013, 12:26 PM
When I'm paying $300 for a suite do you think I care how it looks when I leave the next morning?

Leaving it messy is one thing. Damaging property is something completely different. If you're a slob, but do no harm then that's no biggie to me beyond a bit of selfishness. If you're staining and busting things accidentally, then you should be paying a little extra. If you're doing it on purpose, you should be seeing a shrink. The going rate for any type of room you stay in does not justify the actions. $129 bucks at the Hampton in Compton, or $329 at the Intercontinental Century City. Doesn't matter.

Mouldsie
04-16-2013, 12:35 PM
There are a lot of people in Buffalo that are proud to be scumbags... add Hurkey to the list

trapezeus
04-16-2013, 12:52 PM
Not me. Often people do STUPID **** they later regret. Guy has a 1st rnd grade, I would draft him in the 3rd & structure his contract to allow for stupid mistakes in the future then he loses money.

they later regret it because they paid a price. and in this case, paying a price is losing a lot of money by sliding down the board.

You reward that guy by saying, "oh just that one time." and letting it go, it will happen again in some other entitling way.

pmoon6
04-16-2013, 01:01 PM
Hey, there were just jokin' around and having some fun.....

Bill Cody
04-16-2013, 01:06 PM

- - - Updated - - -

this post is a freakin ******

bf1
04-16-2013, 01:35 PM
Maybe it was a setup. Someone else did it to make the guys staying in the room look bad?

better days
04-16-2013, 02:08 PM
they later regret it because they paid a price. and in this case, paying a price is losing a lot of money by sliding down the board.

You reward that guy by saying, "oh just that one time." and letting it go, it will happen again in some other entitling way.

I agree with you. They will slide down the board most likely & their contract will probably have a stupidity clause. But I still say that does not make them undraftable. If they can be had at a lower pick than their value, I'm for it. And they did not cause any damage per se, just a DISGUSTING MESS to clean up.

HAMMER
04-16-2013, 06:03 PM
Only true scumbags leave feces and urine outside a toilet bowl on purpose, unless they are in the woods, or on a cruise ship with a busted sewage system.

BertSquirtgum
04-16-2013, 06:40 PM
this post is a freakin ******

Why?

TigerJ
04-16-2013, 08:21 PM
My summer job one year while I was in college 40 years ago was cleaning cabins and pit toilets in Allegany State Park. I've pretty much seen everything. After the fact, there's not a whole ot you can do. I'm sure NFL teams will get word, if they haven't already on who the two players were whose room was trashed. They will have do decide if the believe the players' denial of responsibility. Next year, I'm guessing the combine organizers will read the riot act to combine invitees, and tell them that they will be held responsible for their own rooms. Keep their key cards with them at all times. When they're ready to check out, make sure nothing more needs to be done to the room than a routine cleaning, and if someone does break in, report it immediately.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-18-2013, 07:13 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000161164/article/players-identified-as-occupants-of-trashed-hotel-room

Finally leaked - DeAndre Hopkins of Clemson and Mark Harrison of Rutgers

Ginger Vitis
04-18-2013, 07:20 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000161164/article/players-identified-as-occupants-of-trashed-hotel-room

Finally leaked - DeAndre Hopkins of Clemson
Damn I really like? Liked? Hopkins as a 2nd Round pick.. I think a few posters on this site like Hopkins but this whole episode taints him in my eyes

The Jokeman
04-18-2013, 07:54 PM
Damn I really like? Liked? Hopkins as a 2nd Round pick.. I think a few posters on this site like Hopkins but this whole episode taints him in my eyes

Imagine that a college kid trashed a hotel room. Big deal it's not like he was found doing drugs and banging an underaged girl. Seriously I think too many people taint prospects on minor off the field issues. Sure there are guys like Lawrence Phillips but trashing a hotel room shouldn't cause you to completely forget about Hopkins.

Mouldsie
04-18-2013, 09:16 PM
Anyone read the article? Doesnt answer a lot.

Joe Fo Sho
04-19-2013, 03:51 PM
DeAndre is denying it, obviously.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/deandre-hopkins-denies-trashing-hotel-room-nfl-scouting-combine-041813