• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Nix interview on WGR

He think's 2 or 3 QB prospects will be "big time" players.

I think were very serious about a QB at 8...

Also says we will continue to look for free agents.

• tampabay25690
    • Feb 2004

Re: Nix interview on WGR

Thanks for the update
    GO Gators!!!!!!
    GO GATORS!!

Comment

• jpdex12
      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
      He think's 2 or 3 QB prospects will be "big time" players.

I think were very serious about a QB at 8...

Also says we will continue to look for free agents.

http://audio.wgr550.com/a/73638778/j...-buddy-nix.htm
      even before Buddy stating this as well as his many prior blurts about being hell bent on evaluating QBs to take one this year, there is no way we pass at #8 for a QB. This decision will be the determining factor as to whether he righted this ship or helped sink it further. Would you want to take a chance on a certain QB that you felt was the one to help bring balance to the force? I wouldn't no matter what anyone thought of me grabbing a QB at #8. This is the time for him to show his cards and do it. Make or break time...

I'm comfortable with Nassib and even Barkley if either are the pick but I'm also very curious about Manuel. Totally turned off by Smith. I just have a gut feeling he is going to be a flop. I think two if not all three of the first three that I mentioned will end up being very good QBs.
      Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• capitolneal
        • Sep 2003

He's bluffing he wants everyone to think qb we r not going qb in first round and the team will be better for it

Comment

• CoolBreeze
          • Feb 2009

I'm glad to hear this, I'm excited for the draft. We must take a QB at #8. Especially if Geno isn't taken 1-7. The way we've looked for the last 12+ years, if we have the pick of the draft for QB's you take it. I don't care what class it is, if you have the pick of the litter for QB's at #8, evaluate, and pick who you believe to be the best. We have to take the chance of a bust!

Comment

• jimbohastle51
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Feb 2005

The pick won't b qb at 8. If the bills stay at 8 and pick then millner , Jordan, or someone fell to them. A trade back seems the most likely scenario IMO. buddy is going to play it cool and try to get the most value in a trade to get the team a mid to late first and an extra second as well as a pick or two more.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by jpdex12 View Post
              even before Buddy stating this as well as his many prior blurts about being hell bent on evaluating QBs to take one this year, there is no way we pass at #8 for a QB. This decision will be the determining factor as to whether he righted this ship or helped sink it further. Would you want to take a chance on a certain QB that you felt was the one to help bring balance to the force? I wouldn't no matter what anyone thought of me grabbing a QB at #8. This is the time for him to show his cards and do it. Make or break time...

I'm comfortable with Nassib and even Barkley if either are the pick but I'm also very curious about Manuel. Totally turned off by Smith. I just have a gut feeling he is going to be a flop. I think two if not all three of the first three that I mentioned will end up being very good QBs.
              Well, I have a gut feeling that Barkley & Smith will both bomb. Lots of drama in this draft.

Comment

• gonzo1105
                • Jul 2002

What I found most interesting wasn't the QB talk but he essentially saying that LB is not a huge need anymore. I would expect them to take one but they won't take one early.

Comment

• clumping platelets

QB at #8 is a mistake

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by clumping platelets View Post
                    QB at #8 is a mistake
                    NOT if he turns out to be a FRANCHISE QB.

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by CoolBreeze View Post
                      I'm glad to hear this, I'm excited for the draft. We must take a QB at #8. Especially if Geno isn't taken 1-7. The way we've looked for the last 12+ years, if we have the pick of the draft for QB's you take it. I don't care what class it is, if you have the pick of the litter for QB's at #8, evaluate, and pick who you believe to be the best. We have to take the chance of a bust!
                      No you don't. There is no QB in this class worthy of a top 10 pick. You don't just pick any old QB because you HAVE to. There isn't much, if any of a dropoff from the projected 1st rounders to the projected 2nd rounders. We take BPA at #8 and THEN take the best QB in RD2. Or if we are able to trade down to the lower half of RD1, take the best QB available. But no, we should not take any QB at #8 just because we need one. You can polish a turd, but at the end of the day, it's still a turd.

Comment

• X-Era
                        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by gonzo1105 View Post
                        What I found most interesting wasn't the QB talk but he essentially saying that LB is not a huge need anymore. I would expect them to take one but they won't take one early.
                        I'm not a huge fan of the early round guys at LB anyways. I'd prefer a later round guy like Zaviar Gooden, Jon Bostic, Gerald Hodges, and Mike Mauti

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

I hope not.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Swiper
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
                            I'm not a huge fan of the early round guys at LB anyways. I'd prefer a later round guy like Zaviar Gooden, Jon Bostic, Gerald Hodges, and Mike Mauti
                            So you wouldn't have drafted Patrick Willis? LOL. Can't make sweeping statements like that. Guard, kickers.... ok. But safeties and LBs can't.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                              So you wouldn't have drafted Patrick Willis? LOL. Can't make sweeping statements like that. Guard, kickers.... ok. But safeties and LBs can't.
                              I don't think Patrick Willis is available this year. He meant he's not a fan of this year's crop.
                              Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

Working...
                              X