PDA

View Full Version : NFL.com - Tavon Austin High On Bills Radar

Night Train
04-16-2013, 02:04 PM
True.. or trying to trigger trades ?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000160230/article/tavon-austin-high-on-buffalo-bills-radar-in-nfl-draft

DraftBoy
04-16-2013, 02:22 PM
SMOKE SCREEN

mightysimi
04-16-2013, 05:12 PM
come one Rams, you know you have picks to spare.

Jeff1220
04-16-2013, 05:14 PM
Nice alliteration.

Jaybird
04-16-2013, 05:22 PM
let the word out.. people will jump up to get him, I hope

The Jokeman
04-16-2013, 05:25 PM
come one Rams, you know you have picks to spare.

Pick #16 and pick #78 and pick #184 are pretty tempting for pick #8. If I'm the Bills I go for it.

GvilleBills
04-16-2013, 05:37 PM
****, I'd draft him outright if there aren't quality offers.

kingJofNYC
04-16-2013, 06:04 PM
When Tavon destroyed OK Whaley was in the building watching live.

BillsFever21
04-16-2013, 06:22 PM
Even Buddy Nix and the Bills front office wouldn't be stupid enough to come out and announce who they were honestly looking to draft.

stuckincincy
04-16-2013, 06:58 PM
Seems like just about every club is being linked with Austin... :handball:

ServoBillieves
04-16-2013, 07:59 PM
LEE EVANS!

Bangarang
04-16-2013, 09:23 PM
He's so high on our radar that we didn't bother to work him out or bring him in for a visit.

Most obvious smoke screen ever. We're probably the joke of the league for even pretending like we like Austin.

Ugh I'm so done with this team. Ralph is cheap. Buddy is a fool. Brandon needs to go back to the MLB.

did I cover everything?

kingJofNYC
04-16-2013, 09:50 PM
He's so high on our radar that we didn't bother to work him out or bring him in for a visit.

Most obvious smoke screen ever. We're probably the joke of the league for even pretending like we like Austin.

Ugh I'm so done with this team. Ralph is cheap. Buddy is a fool. Brandon needs to go back to the MLB.

did I cover everything?

No, you pretty much have it covered. Unless they're actually going to throw us all off and draft a guy who didn't actually visit.

To be fair, after listening to that predraft press conference, the whole thing seemed like one giants smoke screen. Yeah, Whaley said very good things about Austin, but he saw him obliterate a team in person, it's expected. You've got Nix announcing to the world that he's basically taking a QB, said there are at least three big time franchise QBs in this draft. If that's not blowing smoke up are asses then I don't know what is, or they really do think Matt Barkley is the next big thing. Heck, Nix had no issues with Barkley's arm strength, I mean really? How the **** can anyone believe that?

We're in trouble....

mjt328
04-16-2013, 10:12 PM
Tavon Austin is an incredible playmaker, and I doubt the Bills are "lying" about liking him. But just because they like him doesn't mean he's one of their options at #8.

Watching the entire press conference, it's pretty obvious they are targeting someone with size at WR.

BillsFever21
04-16-2013, 10:26 PM
No, you pretty much have it covered. Unless they're actually going to throw us all off and draft a guy who didn't actually visit.

To be fair, after listening to that predraft press conference, the whole thing seemed like one giants smoke screen. Yeah, Whaley said very good things about Austin, but he saw him obliterate a team in person, it's expected. You've got Nix announcing to the world that he's basically taking a QB, said there are at least three big time franchise QBs in this draft. If that's not blowing smoke up are asses then I don't know what is, or they really do think Matt Barkley is the next big thing. Heck, Nix had no issues with Barkley's arm strength, I mean really? How the **** can anyone believe that?

We're in trouble....

The sad part is that he thinks there are at least THREE franchise QB's in this draft. Not many drafts period turn out three franchise QB's let alone this crop of QB's. It probably doesn't take much for Buddy to consider someone a franchise QB though.

This is the same guy who thought Fitzpatrick was the answer and basically paid him 20 million dollars for 2012 and drafted Aaron Williams over Dalton and Kapernick. Then in the 3rd while still needing a QB he took Sheppard instead of taking a chance on Mallett. This was even before they thought Fitzpatrick was the answer after he had a good month of football in 2011 and we had a need at QB.

djjimkelly
04-16-2013, 10:51 PM
Pick #16 and pick #78 and pick #184 are pretty tempting for pick #8. If I'm the Bills I go for it.

this would be a dream scenario

kingJofNYC
04-16-2013, 11:16 PM
The sad part is that he thinks there are at least THREE franchise QB's in this draft. Not many drafts period turn out three franchise QB's let alone this crop of QB's. It probably doesn't take much for Buddy to consider someone a franchise QB though.

This is the same guy who thought Fitzpatrick was the answer and basically paid him 20 million dollars for 2012 and drafted Aaron Williams over Dalton and Kapernick. Then in the 3rd while still needing a QB he took Sheppard instead of taking a chance on Mallett. This was even before they thought Fitzpatrick was the answer after he had a good month of football in 2011 and we had a need at QB.

We're so ****ed.

Forget Mallett for a minute, Buddy had a shot at Russell Wilson and took an undersized receiver with speed who had questionable hands and was a poor route runner. Wilson was just short, he had everything else you could want, was there in the third round and they still didn't take a chance on the guy, even though he was a model citizen who could spin the football.

Russell Wilson was worth the risk in the 3rd round, TJ Graham on the other hand was not, the upside just wasn't there. Now he's telling us he needs a big body receiver, the year after he drafted a midget. Still have no idea how he's in the driver's seat.

X-Era
04-17-2013, 05:45 AM
If a guy sits at 8 who is an incredible player and that you can find a way to use and get big time production out of, pull the trigger.

Is he the tallest? No. But neither is Desean Jackson or Wes Welker.

If he can play and is worthy of the pick, he should be considered.

Besides, It's not like were so deep at WR that all of our WR types are filled except for a big vertical guy. Basically we have Stevie and a prospect in Graham.

Add Austin and we could add a guy who can play in the slot, return, and be a #1 WR like a Desean Jackson.

Picking him could be a very big move for us where it doesn't seem to be the type of player we wanted but e got a potential star and then we find a way to exploit his abilities.

X-Era
04-17-2013, 05:48 AM
I'm sure they like the thought of getting that offer. Now they just have to actually get it.

8 = 1400

16 = 1000
78 = 200
184 = 17.8

A little bit lopsided in the Rams favor but I'd still do it.

jwenger
04-17-2013, 10:50 AM
Even Buddy Nix and the Bills front office wouldn't be stupid enough to come out and announce who they were honestly looking to draft.

Don't bet on it. They are pretty STUPID. Remember Ngata and Orakapo?? Pretty STOOOPID

DynaPaul
04-17-2013, 11:06 AM
Roscoe Parrish part II.

Bangarang
04-17-2013, 11:11 AM
Don't bet on it. They are pretty STUPID. Remember Ngata and Orakapo?? Pretty STOOOPID

Nix and Whaley were the reasons for us passing on Ngata and Orakpo? News to me.

Mr. Pink
04-17-2013, 03:57 PM
I'd be surprised if he's still there at 8 to be honest.

Bill Cody
04-17-2013, 04:21 PM

I love random ****

starrymessenger
04-17-2013, 05:58 PM
Nope. 16 and 22 or bust and we pick him ourselves.

The Jokeman
04-25-2013, 09:44 PM
Kudos for the Bills doing better than I thought.