PDA

View Full Version : Here's the deal...

coastal
04-16-2013, 07:59 PM
With a top 10 pick... the hope is you get a superstar.

Realistically, Tavon Austin and Chance Warmack are going to be available to them. Low and behold... either would also fill a glaring hole on this team.

The curveball to this is QB... we need one and we need one bad, not to mention that QB is the premier position.

If we are going QB early, EJ Manuel is the guy we should be targeting. He's big, athletic, can make every throw and represents a dynamic change for this franchise. I promise if the Bills draft him at 8, CJ and Stevie immediately take him in and a team is born.

So here's the deal... we either take one of the two superstars and trade back up for EJ

or

draft EJ regardless of whether or not we trade down, take the best WR in the 2nd, and draft a guard in the 3rd...

or

my 5 card studs

thats how I see it.

Skooby
04-16-2013, 08:02 PM
He's either going to busy or be great, his mind is not as sharp compared to his physical attributes.

ServoBillieves
04-16-2013, 08:28 PM
He's either going to busy or be great, his mind is not as sharp compared to his physical attributes.

He's either going to busy or be great. Spoken like a true mouth-breather. Kudos to you sir.

swiper
04-17-2013, 05:31 AM
With a top 10 pick... the hope is you get a superstar.

Realistically, Tavon Austin and Chance Warmack are going to be available to them. Low and behold... either would also fill a glaring hole on this team.

The curveball to this is QB... we need one and we need one bad, not to mention that QB is the premier position.

If we are going QB early, EJ Manuel is the guy we should be targeting. He's big, athletic, can make every throw and represents a dynamic change for this franchise. I promise if the Bills draft him at 8, CJ and Stevie immediately take him in and a team is born.

So here's the deal... we either take one of the two superstars and trade back up for EJ

or

draft EJ regardless of whether or not we trade down, take the best WR in the 2nd, and draft a guard in the 3rd...

or

my 5 card studs

thats how I see it.

You make Tom Donahoe look like a draft genius.

coastal
04-17-2013, 05:59 AM
Go **** yourself.

swiper
04-17-2013, 06:08 AM
Go **** yourself.

Snappy comeback.

DraftBoy
04-17-2013, 06:22 AM
I really don't get people who *****ed about Fitzpatrick's inconsistency and accuracy issues and turning around and calling for EJ Manuel of all QB's.

swiper
04-17-2013, 06:29 AM
The notion the EJ Manuel is going to be anything beyond a clipboard holder in the NFL is just funny.

coastal
04-17-2013, 06:38 AM
I really don't get people who *****ed about Fitzpatrick's inconsistency and accuracy issues and turning around and calling for EJ Manuel of all QB's.
You're the Charlie Casserly of the Zone.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/04/belichick-whos-been-been-wrong-more-than-charlie-casserly/

coastal
04-17-2013, 06:39 AM
The notion the EJ Manuel is going to be anything beyond a clipboard holder in the NFL is just funny.who's your guy?

DraftBoy
04-17-2013, 06:41 AM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/04/belichick-whos-been-been-wrong-more-than-charlie-casserly/

This will be fun, what per say have I been wrong about?

Let's be clear I've be wrong plenty, but I doubt you have much of a clue as to what my track record is. You just don't like dissenting opinion.

swiper
04-17-2013, 06:47 AM
who's your guy?

No one at #8. And I don't really care for any of them. Especially Manuel. And I watched him outshine everyone else at the Senior Bowl. But his game just doesn't translate to the NFL in my mind.

I want a blue chip LB or OT. But, I realize there is no Patrick Willis. And that the Bills have totally ignored the o-line in their pre-draft evaluations. So I remain clueless about what they will do. I just hope they get a player who can step in and contribute day one and he stay around longer than Levitre did.

And I don't think a 5' 9" WR is a good idea for the Bills either.

swiper
04-17-2013, 06:50 AM
who's your guy?

Plus, I promise you that guys like Pettine & Marrone are working overtime on defensive schemes to stop guys like Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick. I don't think those type of QBs will be as successful in the future.

coastal
04-17-2013, 06:57 AM
Translation: Im not going to tell you because Im a Swiper.

coastal
04-17-2013, 07:02 AM

Let's be clear I've be wrong plenty, but I doubt you have much of a clue as to what my track record is. You just don't like dissenting opinion.
You done disagree with my assertion but now you want me to prove its accurate?

get bent.

as far as Manuel and his so-called accuracy issues. you're drafting him because of his athletic ability and confidence that your coaching staff can immediately begin to maximize on those skills while coaching up the parts of his game that need improvement.

Any chance his accuracy or consistency issues are mechanics that can be corrected?

Joe Fo Sho
04-17-2013, 07:22 AM

"Well, at least Casserly got the Mario Williams pick right. That notwithstanding, it looks like Casserly won’t be taking the Floyd Reese route from the television studio to Foxborough."

swiper
04-17-2013, 07:28 AM
You done disagree with my assertion but now you want me to prove its accurate?

get bent.

as far as Manuel and his so-called accuracy issues. you're drafting him because of his athletic ability and confidence that your coaching staff can immediately begin to maximize on those skills while coaching up the parts of his game that need improvement.

Any chance his accuracy or consistency issues are mechanics that can be corrected?

Personally I want to steer far away from any prospect where "coaching up" his accuarcy is part of the equation. That is the arithmetic of failure.

coastal
04-17-2013, 09:14 AM
Personally I want to steer far away from any prospect where "coaching up" his accuarcy is part of the equation. That is the arithmetic of failure.
Wtf choice do we have?

jamze132
04-17-2013, 09:20 AM

Jouique Bell

TedMock
04-17-2013, 10:33 AM
Jouique Bell

I thought he was right about Bell. If I remember correctly, he liked him as a small school flyer. It didnt work for Buffalo, but Detroit just tendered him. He gave them over 400 yards rushing and over 400 yards receiving off the bench last year.

DraftBoy
04-17-2013, 11:52 AM
Jouique Bell

May want to check that one again.

jwenger
04-18-2013, 01:30 PM

How do you know how sharp his mind is??Your mind sees T's as Y's. So don't judge his mind.
He was a NCAA Scholar for 3 years and DID attend class unlike most. His Wonderlic was higher
then Nassibs and so is his ceiling. What you see is all Nassib will ever be. Manuel has not reached potential yet.

coastal
04-18-2013, 01:32 PM
How do you know how sharp his mind is??Your mind sees T's as Y's. So don't judge his mind.
He was a NCAA Scholar for 3 years and DID attend class unlike most. His Wonderlic was higher
then Nassibs and so is his ceiling. What you see is all Nassib will ever be. Manuel has not reached potential yet.
He's the one...

Anything else in rounds 1 or 2 is fear based decision making.

coastal
04-18-2013, 01:35 PM
http://blogs.canoe.ca/krykslants/sports/mike-mayock-on-whether-bills-should-select-a-qb-at-no-8-overall/

Seems like Mayock likes the Warmack and trade back up for the QB idea.

jwenger
04-19-2013, 11:15 AM
http://blogs.canoe.ca/krykslants/sports/mike-mayock-on-whether-bills-should-select-a-qb-at-no-8-overall/

Seems like Mayock likes the Warmack and trade back up for the QB idea.

Warmack will work. He would help Spiller and the QB to have time to throw. It would work
for me ONLY IF we could get back into the late 1st and get MANUEL before Philly gets
its 2nd pick.

WagonCircler
04-19-2013, 11:27 AM
Low and behold...

That's "Lo and behold...", genius.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-19-2013, 12:13 PM
if you are going to trade up for ej, might as well take him at 8.... duh

Joe Fo Sho
04-19-2013, 12:18 PM
if you are going to trade up for ej, might as well take him at 8.... duh

Well that's just not true at all.

coastal
04-19-2013, 12:26 PM
In your case.. low is applicable.

coastal
04-19-2013, 12:27 PM
Warmack will work. He would help Spiller and the QB to have time to throw. It would work
for me ONLY IF we could get back into the late 1st and get MANUEL before Philly gets
its 2nd pick.
If we walked away from this draft with Warmack and EJ...

cool!

swiper
04-19-2013, 04:42 PM

ROFLMA off.

- - - Updated - - -

In your case.. low is applicable.

Snappy. Is that the best you had?

coastal
04-19-2013, 07:09 PM
ROFLMA off.

- - - Updated - - -

Snappy. Is that the best you had?mind your own business.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-19-2013, 09:03 PM
Costal and swiper, are you two both like 8 years old ?
jeesh.

Mouldsie
04-20-2013, 12:14 AM
I have Manuel below Smith, Nassib, Dysert, and Tyler Wilson so I would not like either scenario

coastal
04-20-2013, 06:15 AM
I have Manuel below Smith, Nassib, Dysert, and Tyler Wilson so I would not like either scenario
Puke... what don't you like about Manuel?

swiper
04-20-2013, 07:10 AM
Costal and swiper, are you two both like 8 years old ?
jeesh.

Mind your own business.

Raptor
04-20-2013, 08:50 AM

Fact!

Mouldsie
04-21-2013, 05:56 PM
Puke... what don't you like about Manuel?
Didn't look like a franchise QB when I watched his games. Trent Edwards with wheels. I could see him being good but not great.

Admittedly I have watched less of him than anyone else

SpillerThrills
04-21-2013, 07:29 PM
Ok, I have a question. We have T.J. Graham who is 6'-0" who we just replaced Roscoe Parish with and now we are talking about drafting Austin who is 5'-8". WHY? I agree that we have a need at WR, but in my opinion we need another 6'-2" plus receiver opposite SJ. Am I missing something???