X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ginger Vitis
    • Feb 2009

Draft nugget from Daniel Jeremiah of NFLN

"Im hearing the Bills are not completely married to drafting Ryan Nassib in the 2nd Round. More than one source not affiliated with the Bills has told me the Bills are very interested in Matt Barkley in the 2nd round"
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Draft nugget from Daniel Jeremiah of NFLN

I don't think anybody claimed the team was 'married' to Nassib in the second anyway.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Bangarang
      • Sep 2010

The most troubling part in all this is that Nix supposedly is willing to gamble and wait until pick 41 to take a QB.

There will most likely be a run of QBs in the late first/early second and we could be looking at a scenario where the guys we like are gone.

i really think we will draft a QB at 8. Nix said that he thinks there are 2 or 3 guys that can be franchise guys and there is definitely a QB good enough to go at 8.

So if he thinks someone is good enough to be a franchise guy, then why not take him at 8 and avoid the risk of losing out before our 2nd pick?

Comment

• THRILLHO
        This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
        • Feb 2009

They simply will not be there at #41.
        True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
          The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
          • Feb 2005

Wait till next year and get a real qb. This years crop is crap. We will be in top 10 again next year anyway
          In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• feldspar
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Bangarang View Post
            The most troubling part in all this is that Nix supposedly is willing to gamble and wait until pick 41 to take a QB.

There will most likely be a run of QBs in the late first/early second and we could be looking at a scenario where the guys we like are gone.

i really think we will draft a QB at 8. Nix said that he thinks there are 2 or 3 guys that can be franchise guys and there is definitely a QB good enough to go at 8.

So if he thinks someone is good enough to be a franchise guy, then why not take him at 8 and avoid the risk of losing out before our 2nd pick?
            Well, nobody REALLY has an idea what the Bills are thinking about that except them.

If Nix said something like "we are GOING to pick a QB in round 1" or "we are GOING to pick a QB in round 2," he'd be a hell of a lot stupider than his worst detractors think, which is saying something. That would be unforgivably stupid, and nobody would do that unless they were picking first overall. Other teams are planning on picking QBs too, and I'm pretty sure everyone knows that, including the Bills.

Comment

• mjt328
              • May 2011

Connect the dots...

Buddy has stated many times that he hates trading away picks. So I see a trade up from #41 very unlikely.

Odds are that several QBs will be gone by our 2nd pick. Geno will likely go in the Top 5. Other teams drafting between #8-41 that could be looking QB include Jacksonville, Oakland, Philadelphia, Arizona, Cleveland, NY Jets and apparently even Tampa Bay.

Here is the key. Buddy said 2-3 guys could be franchise caliber. If we get the 5th or 6th QB off the board, he will look like a fool. Nobody will really believe he got his man, no matter what he says.

I'm sure the ideal plan is trading back from #8, even if it only means adding a late round pick. But at this point I will be very surprised if we don't go QB with our first choice.
              2013 "My Should Have" Draft
              Posted During the 2013 Draft
              1 - (16): Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
              2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
              2 - (46): Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State
              3 - (78): Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
              4 - (105): Barrett Jones, OG, Alabama
              5 - (143): Brandon Jenkins, LB, Florida State
              6 - (177): Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
              7 - (222): Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee

2013 Buddy Nix Draft
              1 - (16): E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State
              2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
              2 - (46): Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon
              3 - (78): Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas
              4 - (105): Duke Williams, FS, Nevada
              5 - (143): Jonathan Meeks, SS, Clemson
              6 - (177): Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State
              7 - (222): Chris Gragg, TE, Arkansas

Comment

• Bangarang
                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Why so Serious? View Post
                Wait till next year and get a real qb. This years crop is crap. We will be in top 10 again next year anyway
                So you already know how next year's QBs will play and which will declare? Cool trick.

Comment

• Novacane
                  • Jul 2002

So you already know how next year's QBs will play and which will declare? Cool trick.

Sure would be nice to know the future like half of the guys on this site do!

Comment

• X-Era
                    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mjt328 View Post
                    Connect the dots...

Buddy has stated many times that he hates trading away picks. So I see a trade up from #41 very unlikely.

Odds are that several QBs will be gone by our 2nd pick. Geno will likely go in the Top 5. Other teams drafting between #8-41 that could be looking QB include Jacksonville, Oakland, Philadelphia, Arizona, Cleveland, NY Jets and apparently even Tampa Bay.

Here is the key. Buddy said 2-3 guys could be franchise caliber. If we get the 5th or 6th QB off the board, he will look like a fool. Nobody will really believe he got his man, no matter what he says.

I'm sure the ideal plan is trading back from #8, even if it only means adding a late round pick. But at this point I will be very surprised if we don't go QB with our first choice.
                    They're not married to him in the 2nd because we'll probably take him at 8.

Comment

• Swiper
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Sep 2010

Panic much? There will be multiple of these garbage QBs available at #41 even if there is a 'run' prior to that. There isn't one prospect that is head and shoulders above another. If Nassib and Barkley are gone they will take Wilson or Bray. :shoulder shrug:

Taking a QB from this class with the #8 pick is pure stupidity.

Comment

• Fixxxer
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Why so Serious? View Post
                        We don't have a QB, therefore draft a QB until you find a franchise QB.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Barkley in Round 2 is a hell of a lot better than Barkley at 8.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Swiper
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Fixxxer View Post
                            We don't have a QB, therefore draft a QB until you find a franchise QB.
                            How many season back do you think they should have started this strategy? It's about a dozen years late at this point. At least Marv and Donahoe tried once each. They failed, sadly.

Comment

• Fixxxer
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                              How many season back do you think they should have started this strategy? It's about a dozen years late at this point. At least Marv and Donahoe tried once each. They failed, sadly.
                              Better late than never.

Comment

Working...
                              X