• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bone
    Bone
    • Oct 2006

Bills showing strong interest in Manuel...according to E.J himself

Find all of the latest ProFootballTalk news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

“I feel really good about the Philadelphia Eagles, I feel really good about the Buffalo Bills, I feel really good about the New York Jets,” Manuel said. “I met with even more teams than that, but those are some of the teams I feel really confident in. I know they need quarterbacks, I know they want quarterbacks, they have brand new coaching staffs and things like that, so they want a fresh start. They want an energetic kind of quarterback to come in and play.”
    BILLIEVE
  • Bangarang
    • Sep 2010

Re: Bills showing strong interest in Manuel...according to E.J himself

Smokescreen from EJ.

Comment

• elltrain22
      • Sep 2003

If I hear the word smokescreen one more time, I'm gonna shoot myself!
      If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

EJ is the only guy i think we can 100% get in rnd 2.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
          I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by The King View Post
          EJ is the only guy i think we can 100% get in rnd 2.

I hope so! He is my QB backup plan.
          The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
            Legendary Zoner
            • May 2009

Originally posted by elltrain22 View Post
            Smokescreen

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by elltrain22 View Post
              I don't believe you would actually shoot yourself. I think it's just a smokescreen.

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

ej manuel's size is impressive. i think he's inaccurate for a starting qb. can it be taught? maybe.

last year kind of cemented how important accuracy in a formed pocket was. fitz had time and just missed TJ graham repeatedly on long balls. and as bad as the bills were, they were in games in the first half and would have home run type plays that failed to materialize. and it was all on the qb.

getting another qb who isn't good on accuracy makes me nervous. i'd rather take a lower rated qb who can deliver the ball, but needs time. Because then you can build the pocket for him.

Comment

• elltrain22
                  • Sep 2003

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                  Smokescreen

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
                  I don't believe you would actually shoot yourself. I think it's just a smokescreen.
                  If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Ed
                    Dude
                    • Sep 2002

I really don't think this means anything. It makes sense that the most qb needy teams would show the most interest in the top qb prospects. I'm sure all the other qb's think the Bills have shown a lot of interest also. They've had more meetings and private workouts with all the qb's than just about every other team.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                      Buffalo Bills Fan
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                      ej manuel's size is impressive. i think he's inaccurate for a starting qb. can it be taught? maybe.

last year kind of cemented how important accuracy in a formed pocket was. fitz had time and just missed TJ graham repeatedly on long balls. and as bad as the bills were, they were in games in the first half and would have home run type plays that failed to materialize. and it was all on the qb.

getting another qb who isn't good on accuracy makes me nervous. i'd rather take a lower rated qb who can deliver the ball, but needs time. Because then you can build the pocket for him.
                      Didn't BUF lead the league, or were close, in lowest time before launching a pass? I know I read about their "quick pass" offense. Which means to me, that their OL couldn't really build a sufficient pocket.
                      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

They show an interest in him because his size, build, arm fit the prototype more than anyone else by a mile.

What makes them hesitate is that he hasn't realized his potential yet and they wonder if he ever will.

Lots will have to do with their perception of him between the earholes. Can he absorb the terminology or is he another Vince Young, trying hard to determine if his right hand has 5 fingers ?
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• mjt328
                          • May 2011

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                          I really don't think this means anything. It makes sense that the most qb needy teams would show the most interest in the top qb prospects. I'm sure all the other qb's think the Bills have shown a lot of interest also. They've had more meetings and private workouts with all the qb's than just about every other team.
                          Yeah. Have you ever felt good about a job interview, but then the employer picked someone else.

I doubt EJ knows what we are thinking.
                          2013 "My Should Have" Draft
                          Posted During the 2013 Draft
                          1 - (16): Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
                          2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
                          2 - (46): Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State
                          3 - (78): Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech
                          4 - (105): Barrett Jones, OG, Alabama
                          5 - (143): Brandon Jenkins, LB, Florida State
                          6 - (177): Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
                          7 - (222): Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee

2013 Buddy Nix Draft
                          1 - (16): E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State
                          2 - (41): Robert Woods, WR, USC
                          2 - (46): Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon
                          3 - (78): Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas
                          4 - (105): Duke Williams, FS, Nevada
                          5 - (143): Jonathan Meeks, SS, Clemson
                          6 - (177): Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State
                          7 - (222): Chris Gragg, TE, Arkansas

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mjt328 View Post
                            Yeah. Have you ever felt good about a job interview, but then the employer picked someone else.
                            The ultimate feel good stories I remember where some instances during the draft players said teams called them and said they would draft them at this or that round and ended not getting picked or went undrafted.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                              Didn't BUF lead the league, or were close, in lowest time before launching a pass? I know I read about their "quick pass" offense. Which means to me, that their OL couldn't really build a sufficient pocket.
                              i didn't feel like fitz was rushed to making passes...unlike in the jauron years where it was just a chaotic breakdown after chaotic breakdown.

maybe they did execute quick passes, but i thought he had plenty of times to make his read and deliver. plus their run game was outstanding. i think one thing bills fans may think is that CJ spiller is a one man act. we may find out this year that it was partially a result of good initial holes by the OL and his exceptional speed through them. Without that blocking he may go back to dancing in the backfield.

Comment

Working...
                              X