PDA

View Full Version : Bills showing strong interest in Manuel...according to E.J himself

Bone
04-17-2013, 11:10 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

“I feel really good about the Philadelphia Eagles, I feel really good about the Buffalo Bills, I feel really good about the New York Jets,” Manuel said. “I met with even more teams than that, but those are some of the teams I feel really confident in. I know they need quarterbacks, I know they want quarterbacks, they have brand new coaching staffs and things like that, so they want a fresh start. They want an energetic kind of quarterback to come in and play.”

Bangarang
04-17-2013, 11:12 AM
Smokescreen from EJ.

elltrain22
04-17-2013, 11:30 AM
If I hear the word smokescreen one more time, I'm gonna shoot myself!

The King
04-17-2013, 11:32 AM
EJ is the only guy i think we can 100% get in rnd 2.

The last buffalo fan
04-17-2013, 11:35 AM

I hope so! He is my QB backup plan.

BertSquirtgum
04-17-2013, 11:50 AM

Smokescreen

Mr. Miyagi
04-17-2013, 11:54 AM
I don't believe you would actually shoot yourself. I think it's just a smokescreen.

trapezeus
04-17-2013, 01:06 PM
ej manuel's size is impressive. i think he's inaccurate for a starting qb. can it be taught? maybe.

last year kind of cemented how important accuracy in a formed pocket was. fitz had time and just missed TJ graham repeatedly on long balls. and as bad as the bills were, they were in games in the first half and would have home run type plays that failed to materialize. and it was all on the qb.

getting another qb who isn't good on accuracy makes me nervous. i'd rather take a lower rated qb who can deliver the ball, but needs time. Because then you can build the pocket for him.

elltrain22
04-17-2013, 01:07 PM
Smokescreen

:duh::duh::duh::duh:

- - - Updated - - -

I don't believe you would actually shoot :shocked:yourself. I think it's just a smokescreen.

Ed
04-17-2013, 01:12 PM
I really don't think this means anything. It makes sense that the most qb needy teams would show the most interest in the top qb prospects. I'm sure all the other qb's think the Bills have shown a lot of interest also. They've had more meetings and private workouts with all the qb's than just about every other team.

stuckincincy
04-17-2013, 01:18 PM
ej manuel's size is impressive. i think he's inaccurate for a starting qb. can it be taught? maybe.

last year kind of cemented how important accuracy in a formed pocket was. fitz had time and just missed TJ graham repeatedly on long balls. and as bad as the bills were, they were in games in the first half and would have home run type plays that failed to materialize. and it was all on the qb.

getting another qb who isn't good on accuracy makes me nervous. i'd rather take a lower rated qb who can deliver the ball, but needs time. Because then you can build the pocket for him.

Didn't BUF lead the league, or were close, in lowest time before launching a pass? I know I read about their "quick pass" offense. Which means to me, that their OL couldn't really build a sufficient pocket.

Night Train
04-17-2013, 01:19 PM
They show an interest in him because his size, build, arm fit the prototype more than anyone else by a mile.

What makes them hesitate is that he hasn't realized his potential yet and they wonder if he ever will.

Lots will have to do with their perception of him between the earholes. Can he absorb the terminology or is he another Vince Young, trying hard to determine if his right hand has 5 fingers ?

mjt328
04-17-2013, 01:56 PM
I really don't think this means anything. It makes sense that the most qb needy teams would show the most interest in the top qb prospects. I'm sure all the other qb's think the Bills have shown a lot of interest also. They've had more meetings and private workouts with all the qb's than just about every other team.

Yeah. Have you ever felt good about a job interview, but then the employer picked someone else.

I doubt EJ knows what we are thinking.

justasportsfan
04-17-2013, 02:15 PM
Yeah. Have you ever felt good about a job interview, but then the employer picked someone else.

The ultimate feel good stories I remember where some instances during the draft players said teams called them and said they would draft them at this or that round and ended not getting picked or went undrafted.

trapezeus
04-17-2013, 02:23 PM
Didn't BUF lead the league, or were close, in lowest time before launching a pass? I know I read about their "quick pass" offense. Which means to me, that their OL couldn't really build a sufficient pocket.

i didn't feel like fitz was rushed to making passes...unlike in the jauron years where it was just a chaotic breakdown after chaotic breakdown.

maybe they did execute quick passes, but i thought he had plenty of times to make his read and deliver. plus their run game was outstanding. i think one thing bills fans may think is that CJ spiller is a one man act. we may find out this year that it was partially a result of good initial holes by the OL and his exceptional speed through them. Without that blocking he may go back to dancing in the backfield.

better days
04-17-2013, 02:35 PM
The Bills have shown strong interest in Manuel.....................................as well as EVERY other QB in this draft.

X-Era
04-17-2013, 02:54 PM
The Bills have shown strong interest in Manuel.....................................as well as EVERY other QB in this draft.
Strong interest = They have done a very thorough job evaluating this prospect...

At least in this case.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-17-2013, 03:33 PM
Smokescreen

- - - Updated - - -

Well?

Thief
04-17-2013, 05:26 PM
Smokescreen

- - - Updated - - -

Well?did u expect him to reply if he did shoot himself?

BillsFever21
04-17-2013, 06:02 PM

I don't believe that accuracy is something that can be taught. You're either accurate or you're not. It's not like pocket awareness, timing, reading a defense or learning a system. Them are raw skills like arm strength. You can improve some with practice but it's like a coach can teach somebody to have the skill to be able to hit a stationary target let alone a moving target on a regular basis.

ServoBillieves
04-17-2013, 06:04 PM
Anyone checking BuffaloBills.com has to have seen the constant talk about him... Although it might be a smokescreen.

BillsFever21
04-17-2013, 06:12 PM

A lot of that probably had to do with the fact that Fitzpatrick didn't have the arm or accuracy to hit a intermediate/deep ball on a consistent basis so they built their offense around a quick passing game with easier completions with the hopes of getting yards after the catch. There was probably a little bit of the OL blocking involved in their lack of deep balls but it mostly fell on Fitzpatrick's limitations.

jwenger
04-18-2013, 01:07 PM

WRONG. The Eagles will be taking him as per 15 different mocks in the 2nd round.
If we don't get him in the 1st we HAVE TO jump ahead of the Eagles in the 2nd IF
we are lucky to get a partner. v

- - - Updated - - -

WRONG. The Eagles will be taking him as per 15 different mocks in the 2nd round.
If we don't get him in the 1st we HAVE TO jump ahead of the Eagles in the 2nd IF
we are lucky to get a partner. v