PDA

View Full Version : Kiper's 3 round GM game

Pinkerton Security
04-17-2013, 03:52 PM
Buffalo Bills (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/buf/buffalo-bills)
Top needs: QB, WR, LB, G, CB, DE
Rd. 1 (Pick No. 8) DE Ezekiel Ansah (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/30245/ezekiel-ansah), BYU
Rd. 2 (41) WR Keenan Allen (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/29250/keenan-allen), Cal
Rd. 3 (71) QB Ryan Nassib (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/29300/ryan-nassib), Syracuse
Analysis: I'm content to take a guard here, until Ansah falls in my lap. Defensive end isn't the biggest need on the board, but this shifts the strategy because it's possible to get a capable starting guard to replace Andy Levitre (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12614/andy-levitre) later on. It's not common that I can get the top 4-3 defensive end prospect at No. 8, so given that we're in the midst of a switch to a 4-3 hybrid defense, and one of my starting defensive ends is Mark Anderson (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/9745/mark-anderson) -- who will be 30 years old this fall and on his fourth team in three years -- I'm taking Ansah to maximize value while also hitting a need. In Round 2, I take Allen, who'd be in Round 1 if he hadn't missed a good portion of the postseason evaluation process to recuperate from a sore knee. His stock clearly has fallen, but Allen is a Week 1 starter, period. Then I grab new Bills coach Doug Marrone's college quarterback in Round 3. I wouldn't project Nassib to last that long in the real draft, but in this one I'm about maximizing value, and I have him with a late second-round grade.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/9178890/2013-nfl-draft-mel-kiper-makes-picks-gm-every-nfl-team

This isnt a mock draft...its what he would do if he were the GM of a particular team. I would be stoked if we got those 3 guys but regardless of the exercise of this article, I dont see Nassib falling to the 3rd round.

jamze132
04-17-2013, 04:00 PM
Might as well categorize this Kiper classic into the idiot mock award.

Novacane
04-17-2013, 04:28 PM
I wouldn't project Nassib to last that long in the real draft,

Then what's the point of the article? I hate Kiper.

better days
04-17-2013, 04:52 PM

Exactly. If Kiper were a GM, he would be FIRED for planning to draft a QB in the 3rd rnd when he damn well knows that QB will be drafted LONG before that.

feldspar
04-17-2013, 05:09 PM
ALL Mock drafts are brutal. Mel is alright, he's just going off value...or where HE grades players. There is obviously no way in hell Nassib is going to last until round 3. No chance. Even if he did, teams would likely move ahead to take him before the Bills, and we'll be left scratching our balls. I'd be upset to take a DE in the first at this point too, and I don't care how good he is.

What I find amusing is what happens just about every year. You pick a player in the second round that "should have been a first rounder." The so-called experts say this, and then everyone is all psyched about the "steal" that we got. "Jeez, that's like having two first round picks."

SquishDaFish
04-17-2013, 05:37 PM
I wish

IlluminatusUIUC
04-17-2013, 05:43 PM

It didn't think it was that complicated. He mock drafted for each team as if he was their GM. But he's not their GMs, so he doesn't think they would let Nassib fall as far as he would in the real world.

There's basically two ways to run a mock draft. Who do you think they SHOULD take vs. who do you think they WILL take?

IlluminatusUIUC
04-17-2013, 05:45 PM
ALL Mock drafts are brutal. Mel is alright, he's just going off value...or where HE grades players. There is obviously no way in hell Nassib is going to last until round 3. No chance. Even if he did, teams would likely move ahead to take him before the Bills, and we'll be left scratching our balls. I'd be upset to take a DE in the first at this point too, and I don't care how good he is.

What I find amusing is what happens just about every year. You pick a player in the second round that "should have been a first rounder." The so-called experts say this, and then everyone is all psyched about the "steal" that we got. "Jeez, that's like having two first round picks."

I wish I had the time to run this down, becuase I feel like every year draftniks will proclaim like 45 guys to be "first rounders" and then go agog when some of them fall out. Well, duh.

better days
04-17-2013, 11:39 PM
It didn't think it was that complicated. He mock drafted for each team as if he was their GM. But he's not their GMs, so he doesn't think they would let Nassib fall as far as he would in the real world.

There's basically two ways to run a mock draft. Who do you think they SHOULD take vs. who do you think they WILL take?

I think YOU have it MIXED UP. In the REAL WORLD, Nassib will NOT fall to the 3rd rnd. ONLY in Kipers FANTASY World does that happen.

better days
04-17-2013, 11:44 PM
I wish I had the time to run this down, becuase I feel like every year draftniks will proclaim like 45 guys to be "first rounders" and then go agog when some of them fall out. Well, duh.

Well, The Lions drafted Riley Reiff at #12 last year to play LEFT Tackle. He proved over the course of the season he can not do that & was moved to RIGHT Tackle.

In hindsight, I bet the Lions wish they had drafted Cordy Glenn at # 12 instead of Reiff.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-17-2013, 11:57 PM
I think YOU have it MIXED UP. In the REAL WORLD, Nassib will NOT fall to the 3rd rnd. ONLY in Kipers FANTASY World does that happen.

That's exactly what I said. Kiper doesn't think that highly of Nassib. If he was drafting for every team, Nassib wouldn't go until the 3rd. He's not PREDICTING where Nassib will acutally go, he's saying that's where Kiper thinks he SHOULD.

Well, The Lions drafted Riley Reiff at #12 last year to play LEFT Tackle. He proved over the course of the season he can not do that & was moved to RIGHT Tackle.

In hindsight, I bet the Lions wish they had drafted Cordy Glenn at # 12 instead of Reiff.

What does this have to do with what I said?

better days
04-18-2013, 12:01 AM
That's exactly what I said. Kiper doesn't think that highly of Nassib. If he was drafting for every team, Nassib wouldn't go until the 3rd. He's not PREDICTING where Nassib will acutally go, he's saying that's where Kiper thinks he SHOULD.

What does this have to do with what I said?

Reread what you wrote. In the REAL World Nassib will NOT fall.

Well, duh, read your own posts.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-18-2013, 12:06 AM
Reread what you wrote. In the REAL World Nassib will NOT fall.

Are you thick? No one said he would. Not me. Not you. And not Kiper.

What Kiper said was that IF he was drafting for every team, Nassib wouldn't come off the board until the third round.

better days
04-18-2013, 07:14 AM

" But he's not their GMs, so he doesn't think they would let Nassib fall as far as he would in the real world."

IlluminatusUIUC
04-18-2013, 10:03 AM
" But he's not their GMs, so he doesn't think they would let Nassib fall as far as he would in the real world."

Yeah? Should I break it down. "But he [Kiper]'s not their [the real NFL teams'] GMs, so he [Kiper] doesn't think they [the real GMs] would let Nassib fall as far as he [Kiper] would in the real world [not Kiper's game.]"

Does that help?

Mouldsie
04-18-2013, 12:59 PM
If it played out that way I would be ecstatic though

better days
04-19-2013, 08:26 AM
Yeah? Should I break it down. "But he [Kiper]'s not their [the real NFL teams'] GMs, so he [Kiper] doesn't think they [the real GMs] would let Nassib fall as far as he [Kiper] would in the real world [not Kiper's game.]"

Does that help?

NO because in the REAL WORLD Nassib will NOT fall.

Pinkerton Security
04-19-2013, 08:29 AM
NO because in the REAL WORLD Nassib will NOT fall.

THIS ISNT THE REAL WORLD, ITS KIPER'S LITTLE GAME. STFU YOU IDIOT, WE KNOW HE WONT FALL THAT FAR. IT EVEN SAYS IN THE ARTICLE:

4. Most important: This is NOT A MOCK DRAFT. It's my preference for each team at each slot, Rounds 1 through 3. It's supposed to be fun, which is part of the reason why I mixed in some trades.

better days
04-19-2013, 08:33 AM
THIS ISNT THE REAL WORLD, ITS KIPER'S LITTLE GAME. STFU YOU IDIOT, WE KNOW HE WONT FALL THAT FAR. IT EVEN SAYS IN THE ARTICLE:

4. Most important: This is NOT A MOCK DRAFT. It's my preference for each team at each slot, Rounds 1 through 3. It's supposed to be fun, which is part of the reason why I mixed in some trades.

STUPID WASTE OF TIME to even think of something that doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of happening.

Pinkerton Security
04-19-2013, 08:36 AM
STUPID WASTE OF TIME to even think of something that doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of happening.

well then its a waste of your time to comment on it 17 times that "in the real world" yada yada yada, so just stop wasting your own time and stfu. You are obviously a little slow and don't comprehend the fact that its his preference for each team at each slot, not what he thinks will happen.

better days
04-19-2013, 08:42 AM
How about this for a draft?

!st rnd: Bills trade their 1st rnd pick to the Packers for Aaron Rodgers

2nd rnd: Bills trade their 2nd rnd pick to Detroit for Calvin Johnson

3rd rnd: Bills trade their 3rd rnd pick to the Vikings for Adrian Peterson.

Now that would be a draft & just as likely to happen as Kipers Draft.

trapezeus
04-19-2013, 08:59 AM
i'm over BYU DE. and for this team, it's about linebacker on why the defense doesn't work. they need a couple linebackers.

WR over QB in round 2?

Mel Kiper must have some of that hairspray leaking into his brain now.