PDA

View Full Version : I wont mind taking a QB at # 8 if.......

gonzo1105
04-17-2013, 04:10 PM
I wont mind the Bills taking a QB at 8 as long as they are willing to admit their mistake next year if this guy doesn't pan out and take another one next year in the first round. I know that might sound odd but obviously if Barkley, Nassib or whomever has a solid year than give them more time but even if a rookie Barkley or a rookie Nassib bombs, I mean is obviously atrocious, the Bills need to realize they made a mistake and take a different guy next year in a much stronger class. I dont want this to be a situation of I took this guy I have to give him 3 years to see what happens. Thats just my opinion as I dont love anyone really that much at the QB spot.

Novacane
04-17-2013, 04:31 PM
What if the rookie doesn't even see the field?

better days
04-17-2013, 04:57 PM
What if the rookie doesn't even see the field?

Exactly what I was going to say. Kolb attributes his recent injury history to bad luck. He was never injured in College & if his luck changes with a decent OL in front of him, the Rookie may not play this year which would be a good thing most likely.

gonzo1105
04-17-2013, 05:03 PM
Well I mean obviously if Kolb turns into the franchise QB than we wont need to. What are the chances that a guy at pick # 8 doesn't see the field this year? I would say highly unlikely. That guy will play this year unless Kolb lights a fire on the league. I fully expect the QB at 8 to play early and often. So hypothetically I guess this statement was made.

Bangarang
04-17-2013, 05:08 PM
"You have 1 season to turn this franchise around or you'll be out of a job. No pressure though."

Some people fail to amaze me when it comes to the draft.

gonzo1105
04-17-2013, 05:10 PM
"You have 1 season to turn this franchise around or you'll be out of a job. No pressure though."

Some people fail to amaze me when it comes to the draft.

I didn't say that clearly. I said if the guy is solid give him more time ...but IF HE IS ABYSMAL, I hope we dont say hey you have to give the guy 3 years. Maybe you should check your reading comprehension skills.

YardRat
04-17-2013, 08:48 PM
I don't want to waste first-rounders chasing a quarterback. Be smart, take BPA, and build the team properly...the 'franchise' guy will come, in time.

better days
04-17-2013, 10:45 PM
I don't want to waste first-rounders chasing a quarterback. Be smart, take BPA, and build the team properly...the 'franchise' guy will come, in time.

That thinking is the reason the Bills don't have a QB YET. Nix waited for the QB to fall into his lap & other teams scooped them up FIRST.

jamze132
04-18-2013, 07:40 AM
I wont mind the Bills taking a QB at 8 as long as they are willing to admit their mistake next year if this guy doesn't pan out and take another one next year in the first round. I know that might sound odd but obviously if Barkley, Nassib or whomever has a solid year than give them more time but even if a rookie Barkley or a rookie Nassib bombs, I mean is obviously atrocious, the Bills need to realize they made a mistake and take a different guy next year in a much stronger class. I dont want this to be a situation of I took this guy I have to give him 3 years to see what happens. Thats just my opinion as I dont love anyone really that much at the QB spot.

Well that's an effective draft strategy.

People, we can't just draft a QB at #8 because we need one. None of them this year are really worthy of a top 10 pick, much less a 1st RD pick. Take BPA at #8 and THEN take the best QB available in RD2. We have to get an impact player at #8, not a question mark we reached for.

Night Train
04-18-2013, 07:49 AM
Whoever is selected at #8, regardless of position, needs to be a day 1 starter.

We have too many holes and no time for developmental projects in the first 2-3 rounds.

PTI
04-18-2013, 08:20 AM
Unless the rookie pulls of a Tanehill, I am not sure he plays at all next year at QB.

Even in Miami Garrard was supposedly winning that QB competition before he got hurt, and Moore and Tanehill were even, so it fell in place for Tanehill. They would have been fine had he not played last year.

QB Bills
04-18-2013, 10:14 AM
Whatever they do, I'm just hoping it works out the best. I try to give every new Coach, GM etc. the benefit of the doubt that they know better then the person he replaced ... hasn't really been working out over the years but here's to our future HOF QB, whether he's first or second round.

GingerP
04-18-2013, 10:18 AM

The "Field of Dreams" method of team-building.

jwenger
04-18-2013, 12:56 PM
Never ever make the same mistake twice. That is a rule. We kept with Fitzsorry
for years too long. He should've been let go sooner. If your new QB looks like another
Fitz(Nassib=Fitz) then you don't stay with him. Take Manuel and if he doesn't pan out
get Bridgewater or Boyd or Manziel next year in 2014. You realize we'll be drafting in the top 5.