PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Dolphins Chiefs trade for Branden Albert trade in the works.

Mike13
04-18-2013, 05:44 AM
NFL.com reported that the Chefs wanted a second rounder for him, Dolphins are reportedly offering a third(other sites are speculating that Davone Bess would be thrown in to sweeten the deal)

Now the Dolphins acan afford to give up a second or third because we have two of each and we could always recoup that pick with a trade down.
I love Davone Bess but he can easily be replaced with someone younger and faster and more versatile(Yes I am thinking of Tavon Austin or failing that any Slot guy later on)

Now it doesnt make sense to give Albert 9 million a year, as good as he is, when you didnt want to pay Jake Long that much.
I know we have managed the cap well(Wallace's contract gets expensive next year but that is about it) and the $10 million(from cutting Burnett and Dansby) we are due on June first helps out alot.

Anyway I'm just passing along the info.

Skooby
04-18-2013, 06:33 AM
Hmmm, interesting. Thanks.

better days
04-18-2013, 07:04 AM
NFL.com reported that the Chefs wanted a second rounder for him, Dolphins are reportedly offering a third(other sites are speculating that Davone Bess would be thrown in to sweeten the deal)

Now the Dolphins acan afford to give up a second or third because we have two of each and we could always recoup that pick with a trade down.
I love Davone Bess but he can easily be replaced with someone younger and faster and more versatile(Yes I am thinking of Tavon Austin or failing that any Slot guy later on)

Now it doesnt make sense to give Albert 9 million a year, as good as he is, when you didnt want to pay Jake Long that much.
I know we have managed the cap well(Wallace's contract gets expensive next year but that is about it) and the $10 million(from cutting Burnett and Dansby) we are due on June first helps out alot.

The Fins are going all in this year to win the fans over & pass the Stadium deal. It may bite them in the ass like the dream team in Philly.

As far as the cap, I heard on Sirius that 43% of the cap next year will be eaten up by the players the Fins signed this offseason which means they will have to lose some players that have been on the team.

Other players have been signed to one year deals which means the Fins will have to resign them or lose them next year.

gonzo1105
04-18-2013, 07:22 AM
The Fins are going all in this year to win the fans over & pass the Stadium deal. It may bite them in the ass like the dream team in Philly.

As far as the cap, I heard on Sirius that 43% of the cap next year will be eaten up by the players the Fins signed this offseason which means they will have to lose some players that have been on the team.

Other players have been signed to one year deals which means the Fins will have to resign them or lose them next year.

They are really going after it this year but I dont mind their plan as long as they can fit that 43% under the cap next season. Even if the guys on one year deals dont re-sign, it most likely means that the Dolphins will get loaded with draft picks because of the compensatory rules. So even if they fail, Ireland gets the axe and the new guy comes in with a talented core and a lot of draft picks to play with.

coastal
04-18-2013, 07:24 AM
43%

really?

Skooby
04-18-2013, 07:29 AM
43%

really?

LOL, classic.

jamze132
04-18-2013, 07:30 AM
You guys should definitely trade for Albert and his contract! I love it!

Mr. Miyagi
04-18-2013, 07:42 AM
The Fins are an all-name team this year. Hopefully they turn out to be the Jeff Gerorge/Bruuuuce/Deion Redskins team and the Philly Dream Team.

EDS
04-18-2013, 08:13 AM
The Fins are an all-name team this year. Hopefully they turn out to be the Jeff Gerorge/Bruuuuce/Deion Redskins team and the Philly Dream Team.

Are you disparaging the fins for doing what the Bills did last off-season? Clearly they saw the success the Bills had and wanted to follow suit . . .

Mike13
04-18-2013, 08:27 AM

Except they are doing nothing like that Philly team.
Pay attention to the contarcts and you'll see a big difference.
And the only people throwing around the term dream team are a few mouth breathers like Schein and Rosenthal.

Mr. Miyagi
04-18-2013, 08:35 AM
Except they are doing nothing like that Philly team.
Pay attention to the contarcts and you'll see a big difference.
And the only people throwing around the term dream team are a few mouth breathers like Schein and Rosenthal.
Surely it's the label of "Dream Team" that sunk Philly last year, rather than the egos and the lack of chemistry between the players.

CleveSteve
04-18-2013, 09:38 AM
I think this is a huge mistake by the Chiefs.

Why would you trade away a solid LT for a second round pick, then use the number 1 overall pick to replace him with a guy who has never played a snap in the NFL?

Man, some people just love playing "new sherrif in town."

Bangarang
04-18-2013, 10:08 AM
You guys should definitely trade for Albert and his contract! I love it!

What contract? He was franchised this year and is a free agent. He's a premier LT in this league and is worth whatever new deal he will get.

The last buffalo fan
04-18-2013, 11:05 AM
43%

really?

Those numbers are actually wrong, it is only the 42.7585986980%

IlluminatusUIUC
04-18-2013, 11:35 AM
I think this is a huge mistake by the Chiefs.

Why would you trade away a solid LT for a second round pick, then use the number 1 overall pick to replace him with a guy who has never played a snap in the NFL?

Man, some people just love playing "new sherrif in town."

It's not the smart play, but they may have crossed the Jason Peters "eff you I'm never playing in this town again" line

streetkings01
04-18-2013, 12:29 PM
What contract? He was franchised this year and is a free agent. He's a premier LT in this league and is worth whatever new deal he will get.Albert is a premier LT?!?! I know the pro bowl is based off of reputation more then performance...........but has this guy even sniffed one in his career because we know he never made one?

jwenger
04-18-2013, 12:37 PM
The Fins have been making some real off-season moves to improve.
We seem to be lacking somewhat. But what do ya expect? We are Buffalo.

Lexwhat
04-18-2013, 12:49 PM

IMO, this is actually a great move by both teams, if it goes down. Especially since Bess and Albert probably do not have long-term futures with their respective teams.

With Albert, the Dolphins can feel more secure giving $$ to a guy who doesn't have the same long-term injury concerns as Jake Long. Both Albert and Long are about the same age, and have played the same number of years in the league. Jeff Fisher gambled with Long because he had no other options at LT and Bradford needs to show improvement.

Since the Chiefs don't seem to wanna re-sign Albert long-term, getting a 3rd round pick for him AND a WR who can take some attention off of Bowe / Moeaki will be good. Bess is a decent player and will be a better fit with Alex Smith...

This makes it almost a lock that the Chiefs take LT with their #1 pick.

The only bad thing about this possibility? If one of the top 3 LTs had fell to us, it was a real possibility we could have traded back with Miami. This trade would negate that opportunity.

The Dolphins have extra picks to play with in this draft.