PDA

View Full Version : Pundit Prisco pans '10 picks

stuckincincy
04-18-2013, 10:39 AM
Have at 'em... :chair:

"Buffalo Bills

2010 Grade: C

The skinny: The Bills used their first-round pick on running back C.J. Spiller. He has been a good player, but he hasn't been used enough. The rest of the draft produced no current starters. There are some backups, such as second-round pick Torrell Troup, but little help came from this draft. Arthur Moats and Alex Carrington are backup front-seven players and Marcus Easley is a backup receiver.

How I did: I said Spiller was their best pick, which he has been. So I will take it. I didn't like the pick of Troup in the second round, and that has worked out. I said Levi Brown, a seventh-round QB, was their third-day gem. Not so much.

Re-grade: D"

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/22091999/grading-the-nfl-draft-3-years-later-some-big-hits-and-misses

Pinkerton Security
04-18-2013, 10:46 AM
Oh you're just so clever with the title! How cute!

ServoBillieves
04-18-2013, 10:49 AM
Levi Brown... a detriment to the organization. Should've been the Gibran Hamdan of the organization!

trapezeus
04-18-2013, 10:53 AM
Buddy's first draft. almost getting no starters...and for back up, they aren't good enough to really be dependable.

and he also selected a coach that was too stupid to feed CJ the ball all day long. Sooooo, yeah, we have a great front office.

Historian
04-18-2013, 10:53 AM
Marcus Easley is a backup receiver.

Marcus Easley is our savior dammit!!!

Doesn't Pudgy Pundit Pete Prisco know this????

IlluminatusUIUC
04-18-2013, 11:33 AM
Spiller is the only thing keeping the 2010 draft from being one of the worst in the history of the league. To go into that draft with 9 picks and find only one player that could start on the Bills? Horrid. His UDFAs helped somewhat but we've let them go already.

ServoBillieves
04-18-2013, 11:35 AM
Alliteration is cute. just want to pinch you little cheekys!

better days
04-18-2013, 12:17 PM
Well, the Cowboys had 12 picks in the 09 draft. Only 4 players remain on the team with ZERO starters.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-18-2013, 12:25 PM
Well, the Cowboys had 12 picks in the 09 draft. Only 4 players remain on the team with ZERO starters.

The 2009 Cowboys won 11 games and the NFC East. They've only had one losing season since. It's harder to make the Cowboys' roster than the Bills'.

better days
04-18-2013, 12:30 PM
The 2009 Cowboys won 11 games and the NFC East. They've only had one losing season since. It's harder to make the Cowboys' roster than the Bills'.

Tony Romo is the main reason the Cowboys have been better than the Bills. And they have not drafted well since Parcells left.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-18-2013, 12:58 PM
Tony Romo is the main reason the Cowboys have been better than the Bills.

And Witten, and Austin, and Ware, and Bryant.

And they have not drafted well since Parcells left.

No one says they have, but their roster is still better than ours.

Mouldsie
04-18-2013, 01:20 PM
I haven't given up on Easley. Late bloomer with some bad luck but he flashed in pre-season and should have been playing over Ruvell Martin all year

DesertFox24
04-18-2013, 02:25 PM
This is the year to judge the 2010 draft. Bills have developed Carrington and he looked good when he played last year, well he will get his chance to play a lot this year.

Troup that was not a good pick

Easley was brought up in the draft lunch so lets see if he can stay healthy through camp and make the team, but from an athletic stand point he has the tools just needs opportunity like Johnson.

All in all as it stands now the only thing I disagreed on was what he said about Spiller and Carrington. Spiller is a special player and Carrington has developed into a good player.

better days
04-18-2013, 06:13 PM
And Witten, and Austin, and Ware, and Bryant.

No one says they have, but their roster is still better than ours.

Witten, Austin Ware & Bryant contributed. BUT Romo was the MAIN reason for the PAST success of the Cowboys.

And the Cowboys roster is not much if any better than the Bills today except QB.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-18-2013, 06:57 PM
Witten, Austin Ware & Bryant contributed. BUT Romo was the MAIN reason for the PAST success of the Cowboys.

Of course they contributed, they are star players. The only one we have on their level is Spiller, and he's only done it for one year.

And the Cowboys roster is not much if any better than the Bills today except QB.

It's actually quite a bit better in several areas. We have an edge along the OL for now and in the backfield, but that's all.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/state-team/2013/state-team-dallas-cowboys

Mike
04-19-2013, 08:31 PM
Of course they contributed, they are star players. The only one we have on their level is Spiller, and he's only done it for one year.

It's actually quite a bit better in several areas. We have an edge along the OL for now and in the backfield, but that's all.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/state-team/2013/state-team-dallas-cowboys

ITs Actually Not close at all:
Cowboys vs Bills

QB: Romo>>>any bills qb
WR: Cowboys>>>Bills
TE: Cowboys>>>Bills
O-Line: Cowboys<Bills<bills

RB: Cowboys<<<bills
Bills
D-Line: gets a little complicated here
DT: Cowboys<<bills
Bills
DE/3-4 OLB: Cowboys>>Bills
LB: Cowboys>>>Bills
DBs: Cowboys>>Bills

Superstars: Cowboys >>>Bills</bills
</bills
</bills

stuckincincy
04-20-2013, 06:17 AM
Oh you're just so clever with the title! How cute!

Boffo !!!! :drive:

Johnny Bugmenot
04-21-2013, 02:15 PM
Spiller is the only thing keeping the 2010 draft from being one of the worst in the history of the league. To go into that draft with 9 picks and find only one player that could start on the Bills? Horrid. His UDFAs helped somewhat but we've let them go already.
Even that one was dubious. Remember, we already had Fred Jackson and Marshawn Lynch, and was Spiller THAT much of an upgrade to warrant a first-round pick?

Meanwhile, Bryan Bulaga took his team to the Super Bowl his rookie year, while Tim Tebow managed to get into the playoffs.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-21-2013, 02:21 PM
Even that one was dubious. Remember, we already had Fred Jackson and Marshawn Lynch, and was Spiller THAT much of an upgrade to warrant a first-round pick?

Meanwhile, Bryan Bulaga took his team to the Super Bowl his rookie year, while Tim Tebow managed to get into the playoffs.

I agree, but Spiller at least turned into an elite player, which is much more than any of our other '10 Picks can say.

ParanoidAndroid
04-22-2013, 01:25 PM
I think some teams are simply better at developing the talent that they pick. The Bills may have picked more poorly than many teams, however, I think the larger factor is how much they were able to get from the potential of each player. Soft touch coaching does not work and that is what we have had here since Wade Phillips left... a bunch of mamby pamby's patting guys on the back for trying. Nobody gets a pat on the back unless they get results. That's how you bring it out of these knuckleheads.