PDA

View Full Version : Stevie Johnson feels for Boston

BLeonard
04-18-2013, 12:41 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9185481/stevie-johnson-buffalo-bills-foxborough-bomb-tweet-ironic

"It's ironic, nothing to be played with at all," Johnson told the newspaper. "I mean, that's pretty much it. There's really nothing to be played with, at the end of the day, with seeing what happened. I feel like how everybody else in America feels.

No Twitter, no games, no jokes, none of that. But at the end of the day, I feel just how everybody else felt when they see those bombs go off."

-Bill

Joe Fo Sho
04-18-2013, 12:48 PM
I would have rather him stood by his joke.

Skooby
04-18-2013, 01:04 PM
Can't stand by stupidity & look smart, I figured this was coming.

Mr. Miyagi
04-18-2013, 01:06 PM
I was hoping he didn't tweet "I said Foxboro, not the Marathon!"

IlluminatusUIUC
04-18-2013, 01:18 PM
I would have rather him stood by his joke.

He did, in a sense.

On Wednesday, Johnson defended the tweet as a joke, as he also did in responses to his Twitter followers immediately after posting the message.
"The only gut reaction was hearing people was injured and people died," Johnson told the Buffalo News. "The only thing about Twitter was how ironic it is. That's a tough one. That's a tough one to deal with."

He hasn't apologized for it that I've seen, which is fine because he has nothing to apologize for.

The King
04-18-2013, 03:24 PM
At least he handled this part right. If he would've just kept he head shut to begin with he wouldn't have to deal with this crap. Hopefully he learned something.

EDS
04-18-2013, 03:52 PM
Add he does not know what the word ironic means!

pmoon6
04-18-2013, 06:09 PM
He hasn't apologized for it that I've seen, which is fine because he has nothing to apologize for.I didn't expect him to apologize, but I expect that he uses this as a learning experience to become more of a professional.

casdhf
04-18-2013, 07:20 PM
When did America become a bunch of pussies?

IlluminatusUIUC
04-18-2013, 07:30 PM
At least he handled this part right. If he would've just kept he head shut to begin with he wouldn't have to deal with this crap. Hopefully he learned something.

I didn't expect him to apologize, but I expect that he uses this as a learning experience to become more of a professional.

What is the lesson you think he should learn?