PDA

View Full Version : Increased odds Nassib is the pick at #8

Typ0
04-18-2013, 02:00 PM
based on what I have seen from and about Nassib in the last week I have to believe he's going to be a striking dud in the league as opposed to a stud. This, logically increases the odds we will take him at #8 exponentially. I guess we can hope the masterminds at OBD have this huge smoke screen blowing demonstrating him as dud so they can get him at a later pick ... but I also have to believe there is not one mastermind at OBD based on statistical evidence.

Commence discussion...

CleveSteve
04-18-2013, 02:01 PM
Seems legit.

Skooby
04-18-2013, 02:14 PM
He'll be the guy, just not at #8.

Bill Cody
04-18-2013, 02:14 PM
Who really knows of course but if I had to make a wager it would be better than dud worse than stud, call it Andy Dalton 2.0. I prefer Geno.

Typ0
04-18-2013, 02:18 PM
Who really knows of course but if I had to make a wager it would be better than dud worse than stud, call it Andy Dalton 2.0. I prefer Geno.

I don't think so. I see it being the whole zis boom bah shebang and then the same outcome ... not even a viable backup on another team.

Bill Cody
04-18-2013, 02:21 PM
I don't think so. I see it being the whole zis boom bah shebang and then the same outcome ... not even a viable backup on another team.

could be. That's why I hate the idea of picking him at 8.

mayotm
04-18-2013, 02:24 PM
based on what I have seen from and about Nassib in the last week I have to believe he's going to be a striking dud in the league as opposed to a stud. This, logically increases the odds we will take him at #8 exponentially. I guess we can hope the masterminds at OBD have this huge smoke screen blowing demonstrating him as dud so they can get him at a later pick ... but I also have to believe there is not one mastermind at OBD based on statistical evidence.

Commence discussion...What exactly has happened in the past week for you to draw that conclusion? Has Nassib played a game in the past week? Is there new tape available on him in the past week? If you want to predict that he's going to be a bust, that's certainly fine. However, it's odd that something in the past week has made you come to that conclusion.

RedEyE
04-18-2013, 02:26 PM
I don't think it matters who the Bills pick at 8. Logic tells me they're going to stink anyway. The Bills are the crap player filter of the NFL.

Typ0
04-18-2013, 02:42 PM
What exactly has happened in the past week for you to draw that conclusion? Has Nassib played a game in the past week? Is there new tape available on him in the past week? If you want to predict that he's going to be a bust, that's certainly fine. However, it's odd that something in the past week has made you come to that conclusion.

things he's said and done. choices he's made...and since the game is 90% mental it's plenty of evidence.

BertSquirtgum
04-18-2013, 02:43 PM
Matt Barkley over Nassib all day.

justasportsfan
04-18-2013, 02:45 PM
things he's said and done. choices he's made...and since the game is 90% mental it's plenty of evidence.

tons of people here including myself said the same thing about Cam Newton.

mayotm
04-18-2013, 02:50 PM
Care to share some examples of things he's said or done? Or, choices he's made?

BertSquirtgum
04-18-2013, 02:55 PM
tons of people here including myself said the same thing about Cam Newton.

Cam Newton sucked last year.

justasportsfan
04-18-2013, 03:00 PM
Cam Newton sucked last year.

19 pass TD's
12 INt's
8 rush TD's
741 yds rushing

thats a bust?

TacklingDummy
04-18-2013, 03:08 PM
Matt Barkley over Nassib all day.

If they are going to gamble with the 8th pick like that, Barkley is the one worth the gamble.

BertSquirtgum
04-18-2013, 04:03 PM
19 pass TD's
12 INt's
8 rush TD's
741 yds rushing

thats a bust?

Never said he was a bust. I said he sucked last year.

If they are going to gamble with the 8th pick like that, Barkley is the one worth the gamble.

Indeed

BertSquirtgum
04-18-2013, 04:08 PM
Maybe he didn't suck but he wasn't the superman he was in his rookie year.

mjt328
04-18-2013, 04:36 PM
If another NFL team decided add a:

- Head coach with no experience at that position in the pros
- Offensive coordinator with no experience at that position in the pros
- Rookie quarterback

... and they raided every one of those from a Big East college team that finished with an 8-5 record - then expected to have a successful offense, well...
They would get laughed out of the NFL.

Not surprising that most mock drafts expect us to snatch up Nassib.

BertSquirtgum
04-18-2013, 11:27 PM
Anybody have a link to the quarterback hand size thread awhile back? I tried searching for it but had no luck. Was wondering who had the smallest hands again. I think it was Tyler Wilson, not sure though.

kishoph
04-19-2013, 03:55 AM
If another NFL team decided add a:

- Head coach with no experience at that position in the pros
- Offensive coordinator with no experience at that position in the pros
- Rookie quarterback

... and they raided every one of those from a Big East college team that finished with an 8-5 record - then expected to have a successful offense, well...
They would get laughed out of the NFL.

Not surprising that most mock drafts expect us to snatch up Nassib.

In 2011 the 49er's had a first time NFL head coach a first time NFL offensive coordinator and a rookie QB and in 2012 they were in the Super Bowl. Add to that their offensive coordinator Greg Roman came from Stanford with Jim Harbaugh. They haven't been laughed out of the NFL yet.

Figster
04-19-2013, 06:47 AM
Ryan Nassib is a franchise signal caller in my humble opinion

justasportsfan
04-19-2013, 09:25 AM
Never said he was a bust. I said he sucked last year.

His nos. may have dropped compared to his 1st year but they didn't suck.

jwenger
04-19-2013, 10:42 AM
Geno then MANUEL then Barkley then anyone but Nassib.
Mark my words E.J.MANUEL will be a better QB in the NFL then Nassib ever will.

mjt328
04-19-2013, 10:51 AM
In 2011 the 49er's had a first time NFL head coach a first time NFL offensive coordinator and a rookie QB and in 2012 they were in the Super Bowl. Add to that their offensive coordinator Greg Roman came from Stanford with Jim Harbaugh. They haven't been laughed out of the NFL yet.

For starters, Stanford was and is a much better football program than Syracuse. The Orangemen barely scraped into a bowl game last season. Second, Harbaugh was easily the best college coach available in the college ranks. Third, Greg Roman already had close to a decade of NFL experience when joining the 49ers.

Buffalo is putting all of its eggs in one basket. And personally, I think it's a terrible idea. We are taking all of the main offensive pieces of an 8-5 NCAA squad with the 17th ranked offense in the nation... and hoping they will be successful at the professional level.

Why was Syracuse such a mediocre program last year? Was it the players? The coaching staff?
By grabbing Doug Marrone, we are saying that the head coach wasn't the problem and that he did the best with the players he had to work with. But if we take Nassib, we are saying that Marrone only managed to compile an 8-5 record with a starting-caliber NFL quarterback leading his offense.

Figster
04-20-2013, 11:30 AM
Ryan Nassib is a franchise signal caller in my humble opinion

scored a 41 on the wonderlic to go with his good arm