PDA

View Full Version : New look at OBD.

Buffalo Thriller
04-18-2013, 06:01 PM
I do not know wheen these photos were taken, but it seems a new look and attitude has taken hold at OBD.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/6ee316e9d469d3be699d54fc0ef59816/tumblr_mkt4fhDZ8H1rby9ygo1_500.jpg (http://25.media.tumblr.com/6ee316e9d469d3be699d54fc0ef59816/tumblr_mkt4fhDZ8H1rby9ygo1_1280.jpg)

http://25.media.tumblr.com/af6db5f37f1ab3059dd37cfd4642c805/tumblr_mkt4fhDZ8H1rby9ygo9_1280.jpg (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/#)

http://24.media.tumblr.com/f5fb246a63bb3bf5f34070d96c8d8031/tumblr_mkt4fhDZ8H1rby9ygo10_1280.jpg (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/#)

http://25.media.tumblr.com/4a91d896abd74ed1683938961bc3fd24/tumblr_mkt4fhDZ8H1rby9ygo8_1280.jpghttp://24.media.tumblr.com/88b8d4da4bec20586ee58b44cb781c25/tumblr_mkpu1qD2t91rby9ygo1_1280.jpg

BillsU
04-18-2013, 06:11 PM
Love it!

Skooby
04-18-2013, 06:13 PM
I think it's the fieldhouse.

swiper
04-18-2013, 06:14 PM
Talk is cheap!

BillsU
04-18-2013, 06:16 PM
Talk is cheap! It's motivation. Many sports teams have these college and pro.

swiper
04-18-2013, 06:20 PM
It's motivation. Many sports teams have these college and pro.

Not sure that McKelvin can read. Don't think he'll take much from it all.

Generalissimus Gibby
04-18-2013, 06:25 PM
Talk is cheap!

But paint costs a bit of money, although I agree, I want to see success on the field, not scrolled on the walls.

GvilleBills
04-18-2013, 06:28 PM
Don't confuse effort with results... I love it.

BillsU
04-18-2013, 06:29 PM
Not sure that McKelvin can read. Don't think he'll take much from it all. Did you root for him scoring those TD's on returns last year? Some people are just plain dicks, no respect for anyone anymore...

Buffalo Thriller
04-18-2013, 06:41 PM
Dont confuse effort with results is perfect.

Tiburon1724
04-18-2013, 07:21 PM
Did you root for him scoring those TD's on returns last year? Some people are just plain dicks, no respect for anyone anymore...

McKelvin could run 100 kicks back, I'll never forgive him for single-handedly losing that Patriots game. And he IS the dumbest box of rocks I've ever seen.

swiper
04-18-2013, 08:11 PM
Did you root for him scoring those TD's on returns last year? Some people are just plain dicks, no respect for anyone anymore...

He lost that Patriots game.

Jeff1220
04-18-2013, 08:20 PM
I'm shocked that these sorts of things weren't already up in there.

THRILLHO
04-18-2013, 08:22 PM
What is that silver trophy looking thing above the goal post? And there it is again in the meeting room!

Tiburon1724
04-18-2013, 08:38 PM
What is that silver trophy looking thing above the goal post? And there it is again in the meeting room!

Some sort of Patriots recording device no doubt.

YardRat
04-18-2013, 08:43 PM
They all look photoshopped.

The King
04-18-2013, 08:49 PM
I am really buying into Marrone, his practice philosophy his competition philosophy everything about this guy is different from the last 4 coaches.

Scumbag College
04-18-2013, 08:51 PM
Some of those things on the wall look like the posters middle managers put up next to the cubicle to promote teamwork and up morale.

cookie G
04-18-2013, 09:08 PM
Another they can put up.

It has been 4848 days since our last playoff game. Your fans deserve better.

BertSquirtgum
04-18-2013, 11:00 PM
Another they can put up.

It has been 4848 days since our last playoff game. Your fans deserve better.

I'm sure the Bills will get right on that.

JoeMama
04-18-2013, 11:15 PM
I know these gestures seem hokey and cosmetic but you've got to start somewhere if you want to extinguish a culture of losing.

This franchise permeates a sense of defeatism that's almost palpable. If plastering the walls with banners of past glory and catchy maxims will foster a cultural sea change, I'm all for it.

I'm sick of the little black cloud that's followed this franchise around the past 13 years. Time to stop.

WagonCircler
04-19-2013, 12:20 AM
If plastering the walls with banners of past glory and catchy maxims will foster a cultural sea change, I'm all for it.

The problem is, it won't.

This is typical smoke and mirrors from an organization run by a professional Carny. A snake oil salesman.

If you want a cultural sea change, you do it by hiring a professional CEO, not an amateur, ass kissing yuppie ***** like Russ Brandon.

You don't hire cronies, like Ralph Wilson has throughout his miserable tenure as an owner. The reason the Bills have to put up a giant Fathead of a Lombardi trophy instead of displaying a real one is that every time Ralph lucked into a smart, talented, tough GM or Head Coach, he fired them and replaced them with people he felt more personally comfortable with. Amateurs. Losers.

The black cloud of suck starts at the top of the organization and it won't go away until he does.

Fortunately, actuarial tables say that it won't be too long before there's a new owner. God willing, he keeps the team in Buffalo. Only then will things change for the better.

Buffalo Billy Bison
04-19-2013, 12:23 AM
All you have to do is get the players to buy into it. It looks great!

Mr. Miyagi
04-19-2013, 07:43 AM
Don't confuse effort with results... I love it.

That's my favorite line too. Jauron and Gailey could learn from that too.

trapezeus
04-19-2013, 07:52 AM
the one thing that the front office can't take away from marrone is that he has experience breaking up a negative attitude and getting people on the same page.

unfortunately at this level, he'll need to get talent as well to really make a difference. and with buddy nix blowing every round but the 1st the last 3 years, it's unlikely that this year is going to be any different.

So,who knows.

better days
04-19-2013, 07:55 AM
the one thing that the front office can't take away from marrone is that he has experience breaking up a negative attitude and getting people on the same page.

unfortunately at this level, he'll need to get talent as well to really make a difference. and with buddy nix blowing every round but the 1st the last 3 years, it's unlikely that this year is going to be any different.

So,who knows.

Well, I hope this years 2nd rnd pick blows as bad as last years.

Pinkerton Security
04-19-2013, 08:11 AM
Talk is cheap!

and you're an idiot, what of it? would you rather they put up signs like "We are not a good franchise!"

trapezeus
04-19-2013, 08:55 AM
i hope all 6 turn out to be studs since that is what we are going to need if we aren't looking at a long rebuild.

other than CJ, there isn't a single guy i would "need" to keep from the buddy drafts.

JoeMama
04-19-2013, 10:14 AM

This is typical smoke and mirrors from an organization run by a professional Carny. A snake oil salesman.

If you want a cultural sea change, you do it by hiring a professional CEO, not an amateur, ass kissing yuppie ***** like Russ Brandon.

You don't hire cronies, like Ralph Wilson has throughout his miserable tenure as an owner. The reason the Bills have to put up a giant Fathead of a Lombardi trophy instead of displaying a real one is that every time Ralph lucked into a smart, talented, tough GM or Head Coach, he fired them and replaced them with people he felt more personally comfortable with. Amateurs. Losers.

The black cloud of suck starts at the top of the organization and it won't go away until he does.

Fortunately, actuarial tables say that it won't be too long before there's a new owner. God willing, he keeps the team in Buffalo. Only then will things change for the better.

I don't disagree.

Russ Brandon reminds me of a turn-of-the-century grifter. As such, I'd prefer he stay as far away from football operations as possible.

But the reality is he's not going anywhere even if Ralph Wilson dies. A new owner is bound to see the value of having a marketing huckster who continually pulls wool over the fan's eyes and generates huge revenues despite a shoddy product.

It bothers me to say so but Brandon is probably here to stay.

Typ0
04-19-2013, 10:20 AM
I'm surprised to see such negative thinking on this. Just remember that artifacts are tantamount to cultural beliefs.

Skooby
04-19-2013, 10:31 AM
The Sabres repainted the whole place as well, jazzing it all up. They then fired Ruff after 16 years & the season's been a train-wreck thus far, just to be clear.

Meathead
04-19-2013, 10:33 AM
McKelvin could run 100 kicks back, I'll never forgive him for single-handedly losing that Patriots game. And he IS the dumbest box of rocks I've ever seen.

needs to thank(sgiving) leon lett for making that return only the second dumbest thing ever done on a football field

Historian
04-19-2013, 10:49 AM
I do not know wheen these photos were taken, but it seems a new look and attitude has taken hold at OBD.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/f5fb246a63bb3bf5f34070d96c8d8031/tumblr_mkt4fhDZ8H1rby9ygo10_1280.jpg (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/#)

Play like a decal stuck to a wall!!!!

WagonCircler
04-19-2013, 11:20 AM
I don't disagree.

Russ Brandon reminds me of a turn-of-the-century grifter. As such, I'd prefer he stay as far away from football operations as possible.

But the reality is he's not going anywhere even if Ralph Wilson dies. A new owner is bound to see the value of having a marketing huckster who continually pulls wool over the fan's eyes and generates huge revenues despite a shoddy product.

It bothers me to say so but Brandon is probably here to stay.

I pray to GOD that you're wrong about that. Any competent marketing professional could do what Brandon did, marketing-wise. All it took was a willing sucker (Rodgers).

Any prospective new owner who was smart enough to acquire enough assetts to be able to buy a $1 BIL NFL franchise is bound to understand that Brandon is wholly unqualified to be CEO of an NFL team.

If Brandon stays, it sends a message that we are in for more of the same, and I will absolutely cease to be a Bills fan.

That said, I believe (and I am anything but an optimist) that any new owner would immediately jettison Brandon in favor of a CEO (actually, Team President--the OWNER should be the CEO) who is qualified to put a winning FOOTBALL produsct on the field, and who's smart enough to know that marketing winning football will take care of itself.

Marketing the piss-poor product we've seen since Brandon has been here (what, 13 years now?) has a very low ceiling. You can only sell bull.**** for so long. Football loving suckers like us will buy tickets and merch, but not nearly at the clip that we did when Polian was in charge and the Bills were relevant.

I just don't see Brandon being around after Ralph is gone. If he is, I will never again spend a cent on the Bills.

QB Bills
04-19-2013, 11:20 AM
Eh I'm all for it, don't see how anybody can find anything negative about it.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-19-2013, 11:23 AM
notice all those banners have 1 thing in common, WE HAD A QB...

take a chance and draft one... christ

WagonCircler
04-19-2013, 11:23 AM
The Sabres repainted the whole place as well, jazzing it all up. They then fired Ruff after 16 years & the season's been a train-wreck thus far, just to be clear.

At least the Sabres did it with style and class. And while the Sabres have underwhelmed on the ice, there's still reason to be hopeful-- a motivated, free spending, ridiculously wealthy, relatively young owner. In other words, Ralph's polar opposite.

trapezeus
04-19-2013, 11:37 AM
if brandon is around after ralph wilson and the sale of the team, i hope the team moves and the new owner keeps brandon in his job for life roll and that the new city pays the price we did the last 13+ years.

swiper
04-19-2013, 11:59 AM

Well said!

better days
04-19-2013, 12:57 PM
i hope all 6 turn out to be studs since that is what we are going to need if we aren't looking at a long rebuild.

other than CJ, there isn't a single guy i would "need" to keep from the buddy drafts.

So you don't NEED to keep a GOOD LT or a GOOD DT? or a GOOD CB? Why bother to keep a GOOD RB then? might as well jettison them all.

Skooby
04-19-2013, 01:04 PM
At least the Sabres did it with style and class. And while the Sabres have underwhelmed on the ice, there's still reason to be hopeful-- a motivated, free spending, ridiculously wealthy, relatively young owner. In other words, Ralph's polar opposite.

Remodeling took place & the Sabres dedicated it afterwards, the Bills just did some remodeling so lets see how they handle it. Saying at least the Sabres did sounds like the Bills did not, which thus far hasn't been the case (even though they might do nothing).

The Bills want to change the culture, it goes past the photo's & memories. It goes to the current player's drive & their desire to succeed.

sukie
04-19-2013, 01:07 PM
Remodeling took place & the Sabres dedicated it afterwards, the Bills just did some remodeling so lets see how they handle it. Saying at least the Sabres did sounds like the Bills did not, which thus far hasn't been the case (even though they might do nothing).

The Bills want to change the culture, it goes past the photo's & memories. It goes to the current player's drive & their desire to succeed.

Snazzy new carpeting with a logo and lockerroom refurbs signalled winds of change for the sabres... Pure wind. Nothing else.

DesertFox24
04-19-2013, 03:56 PM
People are still mad about the pats Monday night game. My lord it is just a game. Yeah I was upset we lost but what about the def folding in the 4th or Ellison and Whitner not defending the seam

swiper
04-19-2013, 04:38 PM
People are still mad about the pats Monday night game. My lord it is just a game. Yeah I was upset we lost but what about the def folding in the 4th or Ellison and Whitner not defending the seam

In 40 some years of watching football there have been very few stupider plays that I have seen than McKelvin trying to run out that kick.

Bert102176
04-19-2013, 05:25 PM
Someone needs to light a fire under Marcell Dareus's ass he was too lazy last year.

JoeMama
04-19-2013, 07:17 PM
and you're an idiot, what of it? would you rather they put up signs like "We are not a good franchise!"

That would be an awesome psychological angle.

Imagine being a player and seeing "You ****ing suck!" plastered on the walls as you walk into the field house every day?

In a perverse way, that would be a good motivator.

feldspar
04-19-2013, 07:32 PM
Talk is cheap!

That includes all of the talk on this board.

BertSquirtgum
04-19-2013, 08:58 PM
Play like a decal stuck to a wall!!!!

Actually, it's paint.

BertSquirtgum
04-19-2013, 09:06 PM
Some more of the same crying from the same people. Nothing new here.

swiper
04-20-2013, 10:44 AM
Some more of the same crying from the same people. Nothing new here.

Including your useless contributions.

WagonCircler
04-20-2013, 11:10 AM
Snazzy new carpeting with a logo and lockerroom refurbs signalled winds of change for the sabres... Pure wind. Nothing else.

You weren't paying attention. The memorial service for Rick Martin was one of the classiest things I've seen from a sports owner.

Taking fans' suggestions and actually implementing them, big time PR win.

The alumni plaza is cool as hell.

Refurbishing the uber-sterile arena to make it feel more like the beloved Aud, HUGE.

Now he's spending, what, $200 MIL (when all is said and done) to spur development in a crucial area downtown. Amazing.

I think you're the one full of wind.

WagonCircler
04-20-2013, 11:17 AM
Saying at least the Sabres did sounds like the Bills did not..

Which is exactly what I meant to say.

The Bills are a reflection of the two men running the team, Wilson and Brandon, and I can't think of a more harsh insult than that.

BertSquirtgum
04-21-2013, 01:00 PM
Including your useless contributions.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

MTBillsFan
04-22-2013, 01:48 PM
Something has to change. I like it. It's kinda like when Drury had the Stanley Cup put up in the Sabres locker room. It almost worked. Visualize the ultimate goal.

sukie
04-22-2013, 02:05 PM
You weren't paying attention. The memorial service for Rick Martin was one of the classiest things I've seen from a sports owner.

Taking fans' suggestions and actually implementing them, big time PR win.

The alumni plaza is cool as hell.

Refurbishing the uber-sterile arena to make it feel more like the beloved Aud, HUGE.

Now he's spending, what, $200 MIL (when all is said and done) to spur development in a crucial area downtown. Amazing.

I think you're the one full of wind.

I was not commenting on Pegulas class or lack thereof. I was commenting on how many fans had boners for a paint job and a new carpeted locker room supposedly designed to lure big time FAs...

As far as taking fans suggestions... How about creating a monster PR move and get the fans a winner? How about taking the suggestion and gut the pig?