PDA

View Full Version : Bills new punter has strong leg

swiper
04-18-2013, 08:53 PM
Bills new punter has strong leg
<small>Posted by Chris Brown on <abbr title="2013-04-18T17:16:22-0400"> April 18, 2013 – 5:16 pm </abbr></small>

Bills newest punter Brian Stahovich was one of five tryout players that signed a contract with the Bills following the team’s three-day voluntary veteran minicamp. Stahovich certainly earned that contract with an impressive three days of punting.

Stahovich, a San Diego State product, was booming kicks in the Bills Healthy Zone Fieldhouse during the three practice sessions. Unofficially Buffalobills.com had his hang times consistently between 4.6 and 4.9 seconds.

In practice he did have a mis-hit ball or two where hang time and direction were not ideal. He also isn’t lightning quick from catch to kick, but there is potential in the two-time Mountain West Conference 1st team punter (2010, 2011). There is natural leg strength there. His intangibles check out well as he’s been described as a dedicated player.

He’ll serve as legitimate competition for Bills incumbent punter Shawn Powell.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/04/18/bills-new-punter-has-strong-leg/

Albany,n.y.
04-18-2013, 10:50 PM
He’ll serve as legitimate competition for Bills incumbent punter Shawn Powell.

They could have brought in any punter with college/pro experience & said the same thing because Powell sucks.

JoeMama
04-18-2013, 11:00 PM
Brian Stahovich?

That's a solid punter name.

As a rule, if a guy has a name that sounds like a vaguely eastern European minor league soccer player, I assume he has a good leg.

Upwards of a 4.9 second hang time is actually pretty good.

swiper
04-19-2013, 04:59 AM
Can't have enough strong legs in camp. IMO.

Meathead
04-19-2013, 06:49 AM
are you a powellover or a stahovichite?

Pinkerton Security
04-19-2013, 07:16 AM
are you a powellover or a stahovichite?

know who else has a strong leg? our current punter.

trapezeus
04-19-2013, 09:01 AM
whatever happens, i hope they sort out the position sooner than later. i can't wait to get my new punter jersey to commeorate the best player on the roster for the next 10 years.

Viva the Brandon years!

PTI
04-19-2013, 09:33 AM
Powell will be a good punter.

Parzival
04-19-2013, 09:34 AM
Guys it's clear we need to keep TWO punters on the roster. One for coffin corner punts and one for touchbacks. It worked out having two kickers last year so it just makes sense to have two punters as well.

trapezeus
04-19-2013, 11:38 AM
Guys it's clear we need to keep TWO punters on the roster. One for coffin corner punts and one for touchbacks. It worked out having two kickers last year so it just makes sense to have two punters as well.

and only 3 linebackers who aren't very good. I mean, what the heck are the chances that a LB could get hurt when they constantly make the tackle 6 yards past the line of scrimmage?

oh god, i'm beginning to sound like buddy.

SpikedLemonade
04-19-2013, 11:53 AM
I suspect we will be punting a lot this year so a very good punter will be very important.

swiper
04-19-2013, 11:54 AM

[/God I hope this guy is being sarcastic.]

swiper
04-19-2013, 11:56 AM
I suspect we will be punting a lot this year so a very good punter will be very important.

Too bad that Dallas has our very good punter. All we have left is the good one.