• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NOT THE DUDE...
    Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
    • Jan 2010

how good can kolb be in your opinion?

how good can he be?

i think he has all the tools, and had the worst oline in the nfl last year, including rbs who cant block...

can he be a matt schaub, dalton, flacco, type qb?

his skill set reminds me of aaron rodgers, not saying he will be as good, but the way he plays, quick release, etc...
  • NOT THE DUDE...
    • Jan 2010

Re: how good can kolb be in your opinion?

hes only had 21 career starts too, so he can obviously get better. he did improve a lot last year in the first 5 games...

Comment

• Bangarang
      • Sep 2010

Comment

• Swiper
        • Sep 2010

If you think Kevin Kolb is like, close to, or going to play like Aaron Rogers then you must be nuts.

I like carrying on conversations with rational fans. This is not a rational statement:

his skill set reminds me of aaron rodgers
        That's not even close to being correct.

Comment

• Novacane
          • Jul 2002

If he stays healthy he'll be better than Fitz. He won't be good enough though.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

I'm not expecting much more than Fitz. Despite all of the talk about 'skill sets' and 'tools', it simply comes down to some guys have 'it', and some don't. As long as we're still trying to find a diamond in the rough in FA or the draft at QB, we might as well just keep building the rest of the team so we can have at least a shot at winning regardless of who lines up behind center.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• TacklingDummy
              Unreachable Douche
              • Jul 2002

I think he's going to have a great year. At the end of the year the Bills will lock him up with a long term deal. The following years he will blow.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                I'm not expecting much more than Fitz. Despite all of the talk about 'skill sets' and 'tools', it simply comes down to some guys have 'it', and some don't. As long as we're still trying to find a diamond in the rough in FA or the draft at QB, we might as well just keep building the rest of the team so we can have at least a shot at winning regardless of who lines up behind center.
                Regardless who else is on the team, unless you have a GOOD QB, you have NO shot at winning.

Comment

• GingerP
                  • Aug 2012

Kolb can be good in streaks, but he isn't anywhere near Aaron Rodgers. Physically, he has the skills, but he doesn't diagnose a defense and get the ball to the open guy like Rodgers does. He stares down his primary target, and if it isn't there he isn't good at moving through his progressions. If the defense makes him pull the ball down he is done, as he will either take off running or force the ball into the wrong spot. He isn't an NFL starter over the long haul.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

I think Kolb can be VERY GOOD. The bigger question IMO is can he stay healthy?

Comment

• mayotm
                      • Jul 2003

I think he can be average. I doubt he can be much better than that, but hope I'm wrong.

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

i think he could be the best QB in the world. i also think he is fraile and fragile and will never last a complete NFL season regardless of protection. As a result, he'll get support from half the fans saying, "just wait til he's healthy" and the other half who want nothing to do with him.

I just like that he and tjax are there to take the beatings this year as the team learns the system. then we get to pick low again with some familiarity of the positions and then get skill guys.

that's how i'd run the next two years, but the bills are probably just thinking, "meow meow meow meow"

Comment

• The Jokeman
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by NOT THE DUDE... View Post
                          how good can he be?

i think he has all the tools, and had the worst oline in the nfl last year, including rbs who cant block...

can he be a matt schaub, dalton, flacco, type qb?

his skill set reminds me of aaron rodgers, not saying he will be as good, but the way he plays, quick release, etc...
                          http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...torical/414742 Felt Kolb compared to Jay Cutler/David Carr. In terms of excelling. It's hard to say because he just hasn't been able to stay healthy. Kind of like RJ where he shows good things but not consistantly on the field to determine if he's a great short term guy or long term solution. My biggest worries is he does stay healthy is his accuracy as to me great WCO QBs kill teams with dinking and dunking which to me not Kolb at all.
                          Last edited by The Jokeman; 04-19-2013, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                            If you think Kevin Kolb is like, close to, or going to play like Aaron Rogers then you must be nuts.

I like carrying on conversations with rational fans. This is not a rational statement:

That's not even close to being correct.
                            did i say that? i said skill set, not production or even talent....

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                              Pinkerton's son
                              • Feb 2006

I think his ceiling is fairly high, but his floor is quite low. if we give him time i think he'll put up numbers.

Comment

Working...
                              X