• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Random thoughts on the schedule

-Opening at home against the Patriots? The NFL officially hates us.

-Closing in Foxboro? This game's a waste. The Bills will be eliminated and the Patriots will have their playoff position locked up long before this game happens.

-The NFL must also hate the NFL Network. Bills-Browns as a night game? Why?

-Overall, the schedule seems about as easy as we could legitimately hope for in the NFL. No long road trips, no trips to hot Southern cities in the warmer months, several teams that look to be pretty easy.

-Weeks 2-5: Carolina, @NYJ, Ravens, @Browns. The Ravens got raided, Carolina is a consistent underachiever, the Jets are as big a disaster as we are, and Cleveland.... well, it's Cleveland. I don't have any confidence in this team, but these are some weak opponents. If I am wrong and they are going to do something with this season, this needs to be a 3-1 stretch.

-Dec 8 @TB, Dec 15 @Jax- does the team stay in FL?
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Re: Random thoughts on the schedule

If we have any chance to ever beat the Patriots, it's the season opener and home opener. The energy will be flying. I think this gives us the best chance to win if ever.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
      If we have any chance to ever beat the Patriots, it's the season opener and home opener. The energy will be flying. I think this gives us the best chance to win if ever.
      Well the Pats haven't won the SB in quite some time, and with all the recent drama in Boston, this just wreaks of the NFL throwing the Pats a bone to help them get back on the right track. "How does a road division win in week 1 sound?"

There is no way in hell a young team with new systems on both sides of the ball is going to beat a Bellicheck team in their very first live game.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

And Belicheck will have no film on the Bills to prepare for them. I like playing the Pats* in the opener.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
          Making Spirits Bright
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
          Well the Pats haven't won the SB in quite some time, and with all the recent drama in Boston, this just wreaks of the NFL throwing the Pats a bone to help them get back on the right track. "How does a road division win in week 1 sound?"

There is no way in hell a young team with new systems on both sides of the ball is going to beat a Bellicheck team in their very first live game.
          That may well be the case, but it'll at least be a plus that Belicheck doesn't have any tape on us and won't know our defensive signals.

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

and of course, they'll have to pay tribute to boston...in buffalo...on openning day. watch for the BS flags. "How can we possibly let the patriots lose?"

i am pretty realistic about the bills chances in all games but the patriots. i want the bills to win no matter how unrealistic it is vs the patriots and i let it get to me so much when they don't.

but i do have to say, that one year where we beat them in early september made the season so much more enjoyable despite it totally falling apart two weeks later.

Comment

• BLeonard
              BoB Sabermetrician
              • Jan 2003

That, combined with only preseason game film on a first time head coach in the NFL... Not much for Belichick and crew to dissect.

The more I think about it, about the ONLY way the Bills would beat the Patriots next year is under those circumstances...

On top of that, after opening day, they don't have to travel to Foxboro until the last game of the season, when Brady and crew could be resting for the playoffs? I don't know if you could ask for a better situation, if you're the Bills.

-Bill

Comment

• stuckincincy
                Buffalo Bills Fan
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                -Opening at home against the Patriots? The NFL officially hates us.

There's a desire by the NFL to attain home-opener sellouts. Regarding last game vs. NE...in response to IND repeatedly dumping remaining games in years past, the NFL now back loads the schedule with division and conf. games.
                Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                  Pinkerton's son
                  • Feb 2006

Originally posted by better days View Post
                  And Belicheck will have no film on the Bills to prepare for them. I like playing the Pats* in the opener.
                  Theres a reason they have won 9 straight season openers. However, their TEs probably wont be full strength at that point so who knows.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by pinkdogg32 View Post
                    Theres a reason they have won 9 straight season openers. However, their TEs probably wont be full strength at that point so who knows.
                    And the Pats* have lost all their starting WRs from last year. I really don't mind at all facing Donald Jones.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

And the Pats* have lost all their starting WRs from last year. I really don't mind at all facing Donald Jones.
                      The Pats lose receivers all the time. It never seems to affect them.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

donald jones will tear us a new one. much lesser players have come back to do it to us. donald jones was acutally talented.

Comment

• psubills62
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2008

They'll have film - Syracuse (offense) and Jets (defense). The only question is how applicable it will be.
                          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Historian
                            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                            • Dec 2002

The only thing that bothers me is having the Cowboys and Patsies rammed down our primetime throats every other week...

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

wait, the two most obnoxious owners get preferential treatment from the league because their fairweather fans buy new gear and at higher ticket prices than other teams? say it isn't so. i thought everyone gets treated the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X