PDA

View Full Version : did dorin dickerson lose weight to play wr? i heard murph say that to kolb

NOT THE DUDE...
04-19-2013, 05:42 PM
???

JoeMama
04-19-2013, 07:13 PM
Mark Gaughn of the Buffalo News listed Dorin Dickerson as a receiver a few days ago.

He's officially not a tight end anymore.

New numbers for Bills: Quarterback Kevin Kolb (4), cornerback Stephon Gilmore (24), receiver Dorin Dickerson (82), defensive end Alan Branch (90) and linebacker Manny Lawson (91). Dickerson was listed as a tight end last year.

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130416/SPORTS/130419323/1004

A clever, opportunistic maneuver by Dickerson. Given the poor state of our receiving corp, he probably sees the easiest route to a roster spot served on a golden platter by making the transition to WR.

ServoBillieves
04-19-2013, 08:31 PM
Knew he changed his number recently but surprised to hear that. Hadn't heard from him or any of our friends about the news but I can now switch over my JR jersey.

Goobylal
04-19-2013, 08:57 PM
Mark Gaughn of the Buffalo News listed Dorin Dickerson as a receiver a few days ago.

He's officially not a tight end anymore.

A clever, opportunistic maneuver by Dickerson. Given the poor state of our receiving corp, he probably sees the easiest route to a roster spot served on a golden platter by making the transition to WR.
I seriously doubt it was his decision.

JoeMama
04-19-2013, 09:05 PM
I seriously doubt it was his decision.

Yeah, just speculation on my part.

I know if I were a "tweener" TE or WR on this roster, which way I would go.

Goobylal
04-19-2013, 09:25 PM
Yeah, just speculation on my part.

I know if I were a "tweener" TE or WR on this roster, which way I would go.
I don't know. It's not like the Bills are stacked at TE.

JoeMama
04-19-2013, 10:10 PM
I don't know. It's not like the Bills are stacked at TE.

True but there are generally only 2 or 3 spots on the roster for TE. And 5-6 for WR. Just playing the numbers.

Mouldsie
04-20-2013, 12:04 AM
And he was undersized as a TE, maxed out. Intriguing move.

Buddo
04-20-2013, 05:34 AM
Would actually make some sense, especially if we are going to a WC style, with RAC being as important as anything else. He might actually be a 'fit' for that.
We've also just signed a guy who is more of a fullback as well, so that would be another avenue that is closing to him.
Tbh, Dickerson looks like he knows what he's doing, but whenever he seems to get open, he's dropped the ball, or at least not made the catch. Might change with Fitz no longer being the delivery guy.
At least he will get a decent shot at getting on the roster, and for a guy of his type, I don't think you can ask for more than that.

swiper
04-20-2013, 06:25 AM
How much weight did he lose exactly?

Bills still have him listed as (6' 2") 227 lbs. Marcus Easley is 217 lbs.

The top 3 WRs last year:

Calvin Johnson - 6' 5" - 236 lbs.

Andre Johnson - 6' 3" - 230 lbs.

Brandon Marshall - 6' 4" - 230 lbs.

Raptor
04-20-2013, 06:51 AM
the legend of the great Dorin Dickerson continues to grow....

swiper
04-20-2013, 06:57 AM
I still can't believe that he was retained over Jones and Nelson. Neither of the latter were terrible receivers (hence they both signed elsewhere). Gotta give Dickerson credit for trying to adapt.

Bert102176
04-20-2013, 07:33 AM
I still can't believe that he was retained over Jones and Nelson. Neither of the latter were terrible receivers (hence they both signed elsewhere). Gotta give Dickerson credit for trying to adapt.

I wanted Nelson back

better days
04-20-2013, 07:37 AM
I wanted Nelson back

I wanted Nelson back too, but I won't miss Jones. Both can be replaced however. Levitre was the one big loss.

Skooby
04-20-2013, 07:57 AM
TE's never stay healthy in Buffalo, maybe he wants to extend his career?

Goobylal
04-20-2013, 08:33 AM
I can believe it. Neither Jones nor Nelson were great players. Jones hardly did anything with the Bills and couldn't stay healthy. Nelson had 1 good season, was what Dickerson was (a quasi-TE) and is coming off ACL surgery. I'd have kept either for what they ended-up signing for with the Pats (Jones 3-year $4.155M deal but no guaranteed money) and Browns (Nelson 1-year $655K, no guaranteed money), but not the $1.3M guaranteed money the Bills would have had to pay.

WagonCircler
04-20-2013, 11:25 AM
I wanted Nelson back

I wanted to trade Nelson to the Cowboys...

...for his girlfriend.

kingJofNYC
04-20-2013, 11:31 AM
He'll be cut in August.

Jeff1220
04-20-2013, 11:42 AM
Is it my imagination, or are the Bills the only team that seems to continually experiment with players switching positions?

NOT THE DUDE...
04-20-2013, 02:00 PM
jones was ok, but was only a slot guy and was never ever healthy. nelson was a possesion guy coming off a knee injury. whoop dee do...

i love stevie, graham has great acceleration and explosion. his talent is obvious, we just need our qb to get him the damn ball...

easley has major upside, and smith is a nice 4 or 5.

assuming we take a big time wr in rd 2, we will be fine... its the qb guys...

TigerJ
04-20-2013, 03:07 PM
If he can catch the ball, that's fine by me. Right now, he's probably the third fastest receiver on the team after Graham and Easley, and he's pretty close to Easley's speed. I remember he had a few drops last season. Despite his lack of tight end size he was not a bad blocker. As a downfield blocker, he could be pretty effective.

DraftBoy
04-20-2013, 05:32 PM
He put on weight coming out of Pitt because he wanted to stick at TE, this move allows him to regain some his quickness that the extra weight took away.

JoeMama
04-20-2013, 08:40 PM
David Nelson is a pretty good ball player.

And his wife isn't too hard on the eyes either.

I'd welcome them both back to Buffalo.

DraftBoy
04-21-2013, 06:13 AM
David Nelson is a pretty good ball player.

And his wife isn't too hard on the eyes either.

I'd welcome them both back to Buffalo.

Nelson already signed with the Browns.

JoeMama
04-21-2013, 09:03 AM
Nelson already signed with the Browns.

Makes sense that someone would take a flyer on him. Good hands, good route runner, finds soft spots in coverage. First down machine.

Goobylal
04-21-2013, 09:19 AM
Makes sense that someone would take a flyer on him. Good hands, good route runner, finds soft spots in coverage. First down machine.
Yeah, but it was the Browns. They're more desperate than the Bills for WR's. If it were, say, the Broncos, then I'd be impressed.