PDA

View Full Version : Dansby still available...is he any good?

Jeff1220
04-20-2013, 12:03 PM
I saw that the Bengals signed Harrison (and PFT speculates that they used Dansby as leverage) which means that Carlos Dansby remains a FA. With the Bills still in need of LBs, is he a fit, is he any good, and does he have anything left in the tank?

NOT THE DUDE...
04-20-2013, 12:27 PM
be good 4 a year or 2....

move shepp to backup, rotation guy

swiper
04-20-2013, 01:05 PM
I thought the reason the Bengals ended up taking Harrison was that his price tag wasn't as high as Dansby.

Skooby
04-20-2013, 01:16 PM
Dansby is looking for huge $, though we could use his help.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-20-2013, 01:54 PM
im guessing we are good at ilb...

shepp
bradham
white
dowtin
lloyd

Mike13
04-20-2013, 03:47 PM
He is a solid jack of all trades LB. However age is catching up with him.
He is not explosive,

DraftBoy
04-20-2013, 05:30 PM
He still wants to be paid like a top half starting MLB and he's just not.

Raptor
04-20-2013, 06:10 PM
Dansby is a good example of the new age of FA'cy

Teams in general are not giving these guys big money anymore on there name and what they have done

Teams now are looking to pay for what they predict there declining production will be. Guys like Dansby dont see it that way though and want to be paid as if they are still in the middle of their prime and not coming out of it.

The result is there could be a lot of big names forced into early retirement

starrymessenger
04-21-2013, 09:06 AM
Still a good thumper and will be for a couple more years. Sacks and QB pressures not so much anymore. Will not get huge dollars.

Buddo
04-21-2013, 11:49 AM
When all is said and done, I still believe he would be an upgrade for us. Sticking point would be the $.
I've always been impressed with him, whenever I've seen him - the guy is a properly committed footballer, imho.

stuckincincy
04-21-2013, 12:26 PM
Dansby is a good example of the new age of FA'cy

Teams in general are not giving these guys big money anymore on there name and what they have done

Teams now are looking to pay for what they predict there declining production will be. Guys like Dansby dont see it that way though and want to be paid as if they are still in the middle of their prime and not coming out of it.

The result is there could be a lot of big names forced into early retirement

The vets screamed about top rookie salaries, and got their (union demand) wish. Now they complain that clubs aren't picking them up. Cause and effect. I've been involved in manufacturing contract negotiations from time to time and have chuckled when agreed-to demands came back to bite. :mybills:

DraftBoy
04-21-2013, 12:58 PM
When all is said and done, I still believe he would be an upgrade for us. Sticking point would be the $.
I've always been impressed with him, whenever I've seen him - the guy is a properly committed footballer, imho.

Agreed, if his price comes down a little I think the Bills could make a run at him. Question then becomes does he come to a rebuilding team to be a leader to end his career? His visits thus far (CIN, PIT) have been to playoff teams/contenders indicating he may be looking for a team ready to make a run.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-21-2013, 01:44 PM
not to mention, the ilb spot has little value....

qbs, pass rushers, elite rbs, wrs, ots, have value

Ingtar33
04-21-2013, 02:12 PM
Dansby would be a huge upgrade over pretty much everyone in our lb core.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-21-2013, 02:20 PM
The vets screamed about top rookie salaries, and got their (union demand) wish. Now they complain that clubs aren't picking them up. Cause and effect. I've been involved in manufacturing contract negotiations from time to time and have chuckled when agreed-to demands came back to bite. :mybills:

That's not the cause and effect. The cause is that the salary cap remained flat so a lot of teams don't want to pay the escalating contracts. In the days when the cap was going up millions a year then teams could roll the dice on some vets.

better days
04-22-2013, 06:07 PM
I heard on WGR, Dansby is coming to Buffalo for a visit.........................whatever that means.

Oaf
04-22-2013, 08:44 PM
Sign him.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d82a8a430/Karlos-Dansby-film-session