PDA

View Full Version : Draft Stuff - Nicked from BBMB

Buddo
04-20-2013, 03:38 PM
"Firstly this year is going to be different then the last three. The last three years it was Nix making the picks and Nix only, he would ask Gailey and others opinions but he would have final say and now he will be working with Whaley, Brandon and Marrone.

Now in regards to the QB the Bills at one point had 3 QB's with 1st rd grades, I was never told those QBs but was told that after the combine they took one of the QBs off the list because he didn't have good size. To me that sounds like Tyler Wilson but I can't say for sure. I have been told the Bills do not have a QB in there top ten players. However that would not stop them from drafting one, they believe QB trumps all and even if they have a QB rated at #20 overall they would value that QB more than say a S that they'd have rated #8.

It's also been no secret the Bills are willing to move down, but they are going to be calling teams in hopes of trading down. The reason for this is they want a QB and they don't see a team behind them that they believe would take one, not until pick 33 anyway. I was told SF may be a little farther back then they'd like, they would put themselves at risk that a team trades ahead of them to get a QB and that it would be the QB they want. They are willing to move as far back as the early 20's. Now that doesn't mean they wouldn't trade down to 31, it just means they'd want a lot in return. But it certainly seems like if there's a year the Bills will trade down this is it.

Jordan Reed was a name I mentioned earlier as the Bills had serious interest in, that was before his measurables came in. Now they feel he is a bit to small to be a TE and a bit slow for a WR. So he's been knocked down there draft board a bit because he really doesn't have a position. Patterson was guy the Bills had #1 on there WR list, Austin's pro day put him right in line with Patterson and possibly ahead of him. Pro days are meant to make a player look good but what impressed Buffalo was Austin's motor, he never seemed to slow down. The biggest question they have on him is if can handle taking hits, his size isn't ideal.

The G talk seems for the most part just talk. They didn't talk much to Levitre which means they likely believe there's a guy on the roster that can fill his roll. So if they take a G at 8 it would be somewhat surprising.

Moving Aaron Williams to S was done mainly in part because they liked what they saw the final week of the season when they let him play a but of S. having him at S doesn't eliminate the Bills from grabbing a S in the draft, but it makes it more likely they go CB. Which takes us to Milliner. The Bills feel he will be a very good CB in the league and if he makes it to 8 I wouldn't be shocked to see him on the Bills. The Bills do feel this is a fairly good CB group depth wise though.

Kyle Williams is not being shopped, but the Bills will listen. They believe he fits the 4-3 front but not when they run the 3-4 front and they want guys that fit both.

The Bills will also listen to offers for Byrd. Now he can't be traded unless he signs his tender but if the Bills get an offer from say Stl. The Bills would talk to Byrd to let him know. That being said its more likely Byrd stays and signs the tender eventually. Contract talks if he does stay won't begin till sometime after the draft, unless his agent contacts the Bills with an offer that they like.

Okay, now the QB talk. Barkley, Nassib and E.J are QBs the Bills feel can be franchise guys. The Bills also feel Geno, Glennon and Scott have the tools to become franchise guys but would need some time to learn. Wilson is someone they were pretty high on but his name hasn't been mentioned lately.

To me that tells me the Bills would like to trade back and be able to land one of the first three guys. I was surprised to hear they didn't feel Geno can come in and play right away, I don't feel there is a QB that can do that this year but I was still surprised."

The above is from a guy who posts on the BBMB, who appears to have some connections that give him stuff from OBD. I'm posting this as I think it gives some insights as to their general thinking, although tbh, I have no idea how valid it all is - bearing in mind the time of year. It could all be just blowing smoke, or it could have a decent measure of truth to it.
Make of it what you will.

YardRat
04-20-2013, 04:11 PM
If "Barkley, Nassib and E.J are QBs the Bills feel can be franchise guys" then why wouldn't all three still have first round grades, instead of "the Bills at one point had 3 QB's with 1st rd grades, I was never told those QBs but was told that after the combine they took one of the QBs off the list because he didn't have good size" ?

Raptor
04-20-2013, 04:15 PM
isnt there some poster at two bills drive thats has been pretty accurate?

kingJofNYC
04-20-2013, 04:41 PM
isnt there some poster at two bills drive thats has been pretty accurate?

Hasn't posted in a long time, didn't even comment on the last draft. If I had to take a guess he, or his connection, was let go after Nix's second draft (Dareus draft). That's when Nix got rid of Modrak and others in the scouting dept, and brought in his own guys. Haven't heard from that guy since around that time. Could be coincidence, just speculation on my part.

Night Train
04-20-2013, 06:34 PM
It's Joe Logan or Pat Moran. :assclown:

mrbojanglezs
04-20-2013, 08:01 PM
I post on BBMB the guy who posted this has a good track record.

Rob's House
04-20-2013, 09:22 PM
Hasn't posted in a long time, didn't even comment on the last draft. If I had to take a guess he, or his connection, was let go after Nix's second draft (Dareus draft). That's when Nix got rid of Modrak and others in the scouting dept, and brought in his own guys. Haven't heard from that guy since around that time. Could be coincidence, just speculation on my part.

He got run off for accurately stating that John Wawrow (AP writer that posts there) didn't have info from inside the organization. A lot of people, including mods, jumped on him (presumably out of solidarity to Wawrow) & he never posted again.

kingJofNYC
04-20-2013, 09:33 PM
Good to know, was pure speculation on my part.

That guy had legit inside sources, no question about it.

clumping platelets
04-20-2013, 09:55 PM
Watch the Bills take a DL at #8 :anvil:

cookie G
04-20-2013, 10:15 PM
Watch the Bills take a DL at #8 :anvil:

Only after they get a 4th for Kyle Williams.

clumping platelets
04-20-2013, 10:20 PM
They would get more for him but I doubt they are going to trade him

Rob's House
04-20-2013, 10:26 PM

If they could get value for him (2nd or better) I'd be all for it. Don't get me wrong, Kyle Williams is one of our best players, but his strength is 4-3 DT. I'm sure he can still contribute regardless b/c great players make plays, but if you can get good value for a guy pushing 30 who doesn't fit your scheme, that's not a bad move to make.

cookie G
04-20-2013, 10:46 PM

Not much would surprise me about this team any more. Maybe they could do him the decency of sending him to a contender.

BertSquirtgum
04-20-2013, 11:34 PM
The Bills are not trading Kyle Williams. Where do you idiots get these ideas?

Rob's House
04-20-2013, 11:53 PM
The Bills are not trading Kyle Williams. Where do you idiots get these ideas?

OP clearly stated he got the info from a poster w/ inside info on another site. Is English your second language, bright boy?

BertSquirtgum
04-20-2013, 11:57 PM
OP clearly stated he got the info from a poster w/ inside info on another site. Is English your second language, bright boy?

It says he's not being shopped smart one.

Rob's House
04-21-2013, 12:08 AM
It says he's not being shopped smart one.

It also says they'd be open to a trade. I don't care to get into a pissing contest. I'd be perfectly happy to see Kyle on the roster next year, but to assert that everyone entertaining the idea that the Bills might trade him is an idiot ... Well, it's a dick move.

BertSquirtgum
04-21-2013, 12:37 AM
Entertaining the idea of trading your best lineman is an idiot move.

clumping platelets
04-21-2013, 04:44 AM
If Gretzky can be traded, any player can be traded

Buddo
04-21-2013, 05:42 AM
If "Barkley, Nassib and E.J are QBs the Bills feel can be franchise guys" then why wouldn't all three still have first round grades, instead of "the Bills at one point had 3 QB's with 1st rd grades, I was never told those QBs but was told that after the combine they took one of the QBs off the list because he didn't have good size" ?

Probably to do with the idea of who could start immediately, and who couldn't. Logically, Barkley and Nassib shouldn't have too much trouble learning Marrone's Offense, so should be right in the mix of the QB competition. Manuel may well need at least a year, but that doesn't mean they don't see him as a franchise QB, just not immediately.
I think also, they probably have a distinction between guys they see as 'franchise' types, and guys they see as being able to play, and win, in the NFL. If you have 6 candidates they think highly enough of, then 3 might be viewed as 'franchise' types, even if that means down the road some, and the other 3, as guys who can play, and start, and win with, in the NFL, providing you use systems that suit what they do best.

TBH, I don't think we need to get too pedantic about the numbers, as the information is fairly general, and serves as much, to me, as insight into thought processes, as much as anything else. As it's the draft, just about none of the stuff mentioned by the OP, might actually happen. Doesn't mean that the bills weren't thinking along those lines, just that all sorts of other stuff kicked off, and prevented them from sticking to what they wanted to do. In respect of that, I really don't want to hear that the Jest have traded Revis to the Bucs, before the draft, as that will definitely force the Bills hand, imho.

PTI
04-21-2013, 11:02 AM
Only after they get a 4th for Kyle Williams.

For the money they pay him, and how bad he was last year, I would take that trade. Used to be in the underrated category, he is now drastically overrated, and after his injury, he is obviously overmatched.

He knows it. He led the league in jumping offsides last year too.

cookie G
04-21-2013, 12:40 PM
For the money they pay him, and how bad he was last year, I would take that trade. Used to be in the underrated category, he is now drastically overrated, and after his injury, he is obviously overmatched.

He knows it. He led the league in jumping offsides last year too.

Well, good luck. Seattle would probably be interested.

TigerJ
04-21-2013, 01:24 PM
I post on BBMB the guy who posted this has a good track record.

Me too. This poster claims to have a friend inside the Bills organization who fills him in on stuff periodically, and yes, he's got a decent track record.

swiper
04-21-2013, 01:25 PM
Now in regards to the QB the Bills at one point had 3 QB's with 1st rd grades, I was never told those QBs but was told that after the combine they took one of the QBs off the list because he didn't have good size. To me that sounds like Tyler Wilson but I can't say for sure.

Wilson is 6' 2" and 215 lbs. His size is fine.