PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Bills to spook the Jets to move up in the draft

Skooby
04-21-2013, 07:20 PM
Rumor: Interesting plan has been formed, the Bills are going to try and force the Jets to package their picks & move up in the draft. The theory is they won't draft a QB in the first if they only have 1 pick but now they might if they have 2 like they do now.

You'll start to hear about the Bills interest in Milliner or some teams interest ahead of us, anything to get the Jets back to one 1st round pick. We also would like to tradeback for extra picks, then draft a QB (Nassib).

Go Bills !!

TigerJ
04-21-2013, 07:28 PM
Plausible. Where'd it come from?

BertSquirtgum
04-21-2013, 07:36 PM
What a ******ed plan, planned by a bunch of ******s.

BleedinGreenNC
04-21-2013, 07:37 PM
Rumor: Interesting plan has been formed, the Bills are going to try and force the Jets to package their picks & move up in the draft. The theory is they won't draft a QB in the first if they only have 1 pick but now they might if they have 2 like they do now.

You'll start to hear about the Bills interest in Milliner or some teams interest ahead of us, anything to get the Jets back to one 1st round pick. We also would like to tradeback for extra picks, then draft a QB (Nassib).

Go Bills !!

Link? And the Jets are not drafting Millner, Offensive line player, and then a pass rusher, not in that exact order.

Skooby
04-21-2013, 07:38 PM
Buddy called me, same one that told me Kolb's in town 2 days before the press announced it.

BleedinGreenNC
04-21-2013, 07:42 PM
Buddy called me, same one that told me Kolb's in town 2 days before the press announced it.

Jets are not trading up in this draft, voices inside my head told me that..

Skooby
04-21-2013, 07:48 PM
Jets are not trading up in this draft, voices inside my head told me that..

I've been there, drugs (illegal) help.

THRILLHO
04-21-2013, 08:01 PM
So the Jets would trade D. Revis to move up one spot in the first round?

Skooby
04-21-2013, 08:03 PM
So the Jets would trade D. Revis to move up one spot in the first round?

No, they'd have to move up several spots, give up their other first round pick & take back an extra second rounder to get value back (That's just one way to handle it).

Mouldsie
04-21-2013, 08:07 PM
Jets prob dont care much about Milliner

BleedinGreenNC
04-21-2013, 08:12 PM
No, they'd have to move up several spots, give up their other first round pick & take back an extra second rounder to get value back (That's just one way to handle it).

They are not drafting Geno, that will be your QB after Thursday.

Skooby
04-21-2013, 08:16 PM
They are not drafting Geno, that will be your QB after Thursday.

Geno will make it to round 2 or beyond (IMHO), he's this years draft day punching bag.

Mr. Miyagi
04-21-2013, 08:18 PM
Unless your buddy is Nix or the Jets GM, which I doubt, it's all a guessing game.

BleedinGreenNC
04-21-2013, 08:18 PM

Exactly!

BertSquirtgum
04-21-2013, 08:22 PM

This.

ServoBillieves
04-21-2013, 08:40 PM
Unless your buddy is Nix or the Jets GM, which I doubt, it's all a guessing game.

... I'm really hoping you didn't understand this until just now. but he's a mouth-breather. According to your join date you've dealt with 11 years of mouthbreathing... Prove me wrong sir. Everyone guesses. That'll be depressing draft day if he's right...

Typ0
04-21-2013, 09:03 PM
the idea behind this is so damn lame it actually sounds plausible for Buddy to have some stupid way of wasting his energy!

NOT THE DUDE...
04-21-2013, 10:01 PM
logic- why would the jets listen to anyone....?? wouldnt they just plan for some logical picks and then react accordingly on draft day?

i mean, do you really think the jets gm hears some leak about the bills taking milliner and buys it? lol good lord

NOT THE DUDE...
04-21-2013, 10:03 PM
sometimes when i hear this **** i think i might be a genius, then i realize how dumb i am, further making you meat with eyes....

jimbohastle51
04-22-2013, 12:33 AM
I don't see the jets packaging both those picks to move up for a player. They will use both picks in this draft. Now they may trade pack with one or move up using other picks but they will make two first round draft choices.

I firmly believe if millner is there then the card will be turned in without a second being ran off the clock for the bills. I also think the bills could really draft Austin at 8. If they don't get enough value in a trade offer (which I doubt would happen) or have him ranked higher than any qb (which is probable) they could easily draft him at 8 and even take another receiver in the middle rounds. I am fairly confident by the end of the draft the bills will have drafted two receivers.

Scumbag College
04-22-2013, 07:22 AM
The Jets moved up a few years ago and spent a bunch of their picks to take Sanchez. Look how well that worked out for them...

I think teams that miss in the not so distant past, the way the Jets missed on Sanchez, makes them a little gun shy to do the same thing again. Jets have around the same amount of holes that the Bills do right now so I'd expect them to keep their picks.

EDS
04-22-2013, 08:11 AM

Go Bills !!

Do you honestly think there is even one GM/organization in the NFL that is concerned about Buddy and the Bills outsmarting them?

gonzo1105
04-22-2013, 08:17 AM
This rumor is nothing but crap. Even if the Bills were doing this ohh we need Milliner or whomever schtick to get the Jets to move up, they are only one spot behind us. All they do is have to call up the Cardinals and be like "Hey, The bills really want Milliner and we know that the Bills aren't going to take an Olineman at 8, so we'll give you this nice shiny 4th round pick for you to swap 7 for 9". I dont understand for the life of me how this rumor even begins to make any sense and it strikes me as some made up bull. In any trade up to get ahead of the Bills, it would not involve 13 or 39, or even their 3rd round pick.

Skooby
04-22-2013, 08:41 AM
Chris Brown's link on this, which is very close to what I said last night:
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/04/22/moving-back-seems-less-likely/
(http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/04/22/moving-back-seems-less-likely/)

The Bills spend the last few days prior to the draft mapping out potential scenarios of what could happen in front and behind them in the draft. Those exercises will have a different look to them following the Jets trade of Darrelle Revis over the weekend.
Buffalo was very open to the idea of trading down from their spot at 8. But with a division rival now armed with a pair of picks right behind them at 9 and 13 and potentially using one on a quarterback it seems less likely that Buffalo would want to risk moving behind them in round one.

What I wrote:

Go Bills !!

HAMMER
04-22-2013, 08:58 AM
The draft can't come soon enough....then again MMD will still come up with five inane threads a day. Why do I still come here?

justasportsfan
04-22-2013, 09:09 AM
Chris Brown's link on this, which is very close to what I said last night:
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/04/22/moving-back-seems-less-likely/
(http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/04/22/moving-back-seems-less-likely/)

What I wrote:I may have read your post wrong but from what I gather your title states the bills are the one doing the spooking. With Chris' blog, it seems the bills are the ones who are spooked into being forced to use the 8th pick to draft Nassib instead of being able to trade down and grab him later

Skooby
04-22-2013, 09:11 AM
The draft can't come soon enough....then again MMD will still come up with five inane threads a day.

Find me more than 3 Billszone related threads I started here in the past 5 days, I dare you.

Skooby
04-22-2013, 09:16 AM
I may have read your post wrong but from what I gather your title states the bills are the one doing the spooking. With Chris' blog, it seems the bills are the ones who are spooked into being forced to use the 8th pick to draft Nassib instead of being able to trade down and grab him later

You usually have to get spooked to have to try and spook someone else for your own gain.

trapezeus
04-22-2013, 09:19 AM
let's be honest, the bills haven't outsmarted anyone in the draft for a really long time. they haven't gotten value, they haven't generated extra picks that they've turned to gold. they haven't picked the obvious player, they haven't hit on the random player. in a few days the bills will do what they do best wiht ralph and russ as the co captains to this ship. they are going to find the nicest and shiniest iceberg and plow full steam ahead. and we'll find them waving from the lifeboats with piles of cash as smithers rows away.

the bills won't get into a battle of the wits and win vs any of the other 31 teams in the league.

mjt328
04-22-2013, 09:22 AM
I spend some time spying on other team sites.

Jets fans have a pretty good grasp on their team. They believe the front office is very high on Barkevious Mingo as one of the picks. The other spot could be a QB. It could be Tavon Austin. It could be Kenny Vacarro. It could be an interior lineman like Chance Warmack or Jonathan Cooper.

I haven't heard even ONE rumor about them interested in Milliner, or in the possibility of trading up.

PTI
04-22-2013, 09:24 AM
Not sure why the Jets care what the Bills would do. The Jets cannot afford to take a QB early. It was the same thing as the Bills not really taking a QB last year. The Jets will play it out, Sanchez, Garrard and McElroy this year. If they suck, Ryan will not be the coach next year. They cannot really afford to take a QB early by the logic of how the NFL coaching works, if they take a QB early they would not want to be forced to base their next head coach choice on if the new coach likes the newly drafted first round QB.

Historian
04-22-2013, 11:52 AM
let's be honest, the bills haven't outsmarted anyone in the draft for a really long time. they haven't gotten value, they haven't generated extra picks that they've turned to gold. they haven't picked the obvious player, they haven't hit on the random player. in a few days the bills will do what they do best wiht ralph and russ as the co captains to this ship. they are going to find the nicest and shiniest iceberg and plow full steam ahead. and we'll find them waving from the lifeboats with piles of cash as smithers rows away.

the bills won't get into a battle of the wits and win vs any of the other 31 teams in the league.

Okay, now I really am depressed.

Thanks Trap.

:ill:

trapezeus
04-22-2013, 11:57 AM
i figure if we put the bar low enough that we can be pleasantly surprised on thursday. but i keep putting the bar lower each year and the bills keep limbo-ing lower and lower.

it's not me, i'm just a fan. Maybe one day, i can thankfully have a bunch of posts bumped to the top to show how off base i was.

but i literally think this draft is so important to shape the identity of this team the next 3 years. if they are out there trying to be the smartest guys in the room vs doing the right thing for the team, then i will really double down that smithers is intentionally trying to kill this team. if they make some smart moves to set up a nice base but be realistic that they'll need a year or two, then i am going to get very excited.

so to me that means if they get geno or barkley, i know they hate us. if they take a OL or LB that is graded to be the best available in that group, i will know that they are trying to get people into a system they like and aren't worried about losing in 2013. IF they get a nassib/wilson/bray in round 2, i think they are creating a pretty positive environment to have competition in the draft.

in a few days we'll see what we got. I want to like marrone, i just don't want him railroaded like everyone seems to be.

psubills62
04-22-2013, 12:13 PM
If this is true, doesn't this post kind of ruin that plan?

Skooby
04-22-2013, 01:51 PM
If this is true, doesn't this post kind of ruin that plan?

Jets management isn't reading these sites, I think.

Bert102176
04-23-2013, 04:41 PM
Mitch(bad rumors) murray