PDA

View Full Version : tavon Austin @ 8, ej Manuel @41.

ublinkwescore
04-22-2013, 01:40 PM
Who's with me?

ct bills fan
04-22-2013, 01:51 PM
I am or trade back in the 1st fro Barkley, as I'm not sold on Manuel as much as you are. I'm all for Tavon though - Tavon and Spiller = D Coordinator's nightmare

Mahdi
04-22-2013, 02:07 PM
Manuel is not Kaepernick or Wilson of 2013. He is much more a project than those two in terms of being a passer. Also, if the Bills are running a fast paced, hurry up, WC principled offense, Barkley and Nassib are better fits.

ublinkwescore
04-22-2013, 02:32 PM
Manuel is not Kaepernick or Wilson of 2013. He is much more a project than those two in terms of being a passer. Also, if the Bills are running a fast paced, hurry up, WC principled offense, Barkley and Nassib are better fits.

That's funny, because I could have sworn that everyone last year was saying that Wilson was a project, & the year before, it was the same with karpernick

DraftBoy
04-22-2013, 02:33 PM
That's funny, because I could have sworn that everyone last year was saying that Wilson was a project, & the year before, it was the same with karpernick

Kaep sat and learned for a whole year, that's what you do with projects.

Mahdi
04-22-2013, 02:38 PM

Yes I agree, however they were much more accomplished passers than Manuel.

ublinkwescore
04-22-2013, 02:57 PM
Kaep doesnt exactly set the league on fire with his arm....

Mahdi
04-22-2013, 02:58 PM
Kaep doesnt exactly set the league on fire with his arm....

Yes he does...

GvilleBills
04-22-2013, 03:37 PM
Kaep's arm is devastating, be it rifling or dropping it in the bucket.

I'm in for Austin, but opt for Tyler Wilson at 41.

YardRat
04-22-2013, 04:21 PM
Pass on both.

The Jokeman
04-22-2013, 04:36 PM
Pass on Austin, make it Coradelle Patterson and I would be on board. Yet I think EJ could go late 1st Round as to me he's climbing the charts.

SpillerThrills
04-22-2013, 04:47 PM
Ok, I'll ask my question again here since nobody wanted to answer it in the other thread. We have T.J. Graham who is 6'-0" who we just replaced Roscoe Parish with and now we are talking about drafting Austin who is 5'-8". WHY? I agree that we have a need at WR, but in my opinion we need another 6'-2" plus receiver opposite SJ. Am I missing something???

NOT THE DUDE...
04-22-2013, 04:55 PM
austin is not parrish, much stronger and tougher... would be exciting, but ej will be gone

ublinkwescore
04-22-2013, 05:09 PM
If Manuel is gone,.I want next best qb.

swiper
04-22-2013, 05:17 PM
Who's with me?

Horrible. Are you coastal's other account? A short WR and a QB that will amount to nothing. That is only a good idea if you want the GM fired.

swiper
04-22-2013, 05:23 PM
If Manuel is gone,.I want next best qb.

ROFL. Are you suggesting EJ Manuel is the best QB?

tampabay25690
04-22-2013, 05:37 PM
Ok, I'll ask my question again here since nobody wanted to answer it in the other thread. We have T.J. Graham who is 6'-0" who we just replaced Roscoe Parish with and now we are talking about drafting Austin who is 5'-8". WHY? I agree that we have a need at WR, but in my opinion we need another 6'-2" plus receiver opposite SJ. Am I missing something???

WOuld u if had the opportunity draft Percy Harvin??????
Yea think about it.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-22-2013, 05:38 PM

lol, kaepernick was a project, yet the 49ers didnt pass on him...

GET A QB!

swiper
04-22-2013, 05:39 PM
Yea think about it.

I get a headache just thinking about it.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-22-2013, 05:49 PM
its qb at 8 or trade down and take a qb...

also wouldnt be suprised if byrd is traded for a 2nd and 4th...

ie

hypothetical trade with falcons and byrd trade to another team...

1(30) barkley qb
2 woods wr
2-byrd- mathieu cb
2-atl larry warford g
3- mcdonald te
3-atl bacarri rambo-s
4- tharold simon cb
4-byrd- nico johnson ilb
5- robert lester s
6- kwame geathers nt

NOT THE DUDE...
04-22-2013, 05:50 PM
that would be a fantastic draft... with mathieu being a wildcard. hes the best corner in this draft..

Don't Panic
04-22-2013, 08:06 PM
I'm down with Austin. Another difference maker is looking like the biggest need left, and he fits the bill. I don't care how short he is... dude can play. Pass on Manuel though. If Nassib is gone at 41 then consider waiting til TE 3rd and taking a chance on Wilson, Jones or Bray.

The Jokeman
04-22-2013, 09:59 PM
Yea think about it.

I'll take Percy Harvin plus 3 inches which to me is Patterson. If Austin was 5-11 like Harvin then I'm willing to look past his lack of ideal height but at 5-8 it's a big time worry to me.

Jeff1220
04-22-2013, 10:29 PM
I'm not gonna pretend like I know how to evaluate talent or watch tons of college football because I don't. I honestly don't care who they pick as long as they get it right.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-22-2013, 11:11 PM
I'll take Percy Harvin plus 3 inches which to me is Patterson. If Austin was 5-11 like Harvin then I'm willing to look past his lack of ideal height but at 5-8 it's a big time worry to me.

hes 5-8 1/2, and has a thick upper body, and is very tough, fearless.... it would be a big mistake to pass on him if our qb spot was solved. hell, even with our qb situation, its hard to pass on him

- - - Updated - - -

barry was 5-8 and desean jackson is 5-9

Extremebillsfan247
04-23-2013, 12:28 AM
Who's with me?

Austin is tiny. I mean really tiny. He's shorter than Roscoe Parrish. Bills better invest in a high chair for the film room, and a soap box for the huddle if they draft him. lol

swiper
04-23-2013, 04:24 AM
I still think the overriding force that would push Buffalo to reach for a QB at #8 is the Jets sitting there at #9. If they think they Bills will take their guy, now that they have the extra pick, they may just leapfrog Buffalo in a trade. Just a matter of hours now.

- - - Updated - - -

It's amazing to watch Milliner drop and Austing rise.

Mahdi
04-23-2013, 07:00 AM

Ya yer missing the fact that size means nothing. Talent is what we need.

DraftBoy
04-23-2013, 07:03 AM

It doesn't necessarily mean nothing but its far from the end all be all measure that many make it out to be.

phil3782
04-23-2013, 07:34 AM
I really hope we have an option to move down in the draft. I really believe that there is no question that we are going QB in the first. I would like to add some picks to take advantage of the depth of this draft. It seems that the their is going to be some real good players available in round 2 and 3 that will make this team better in the future.

The Jokeman
04-23-2013, 09:06 AM
hes 5-8 1/2, and has a thick upper body, and is very tough, fearless.... it would be a big mistake to pass on him if our qb spot was solved. hell, even with our qb situation, its hard to pass on him

- - - Updated - - -

Barry was a RB and was 20 lbs heaver and played 24 years ago DeSean was a 2nd Round pick and has never been an elite WR. Dynamic yes but not a guy that I look as a number 1 move the chains type WR. I admit it Austin's lack of size scares me and favor Patterson because of his. If I'm wrong so be it.

Mahdi
04-23-2013, 09:10 AM
I really hope we have an option to move down in the draft. I really believe that there is no question that we are going QB in the first. I would like to add some picks to take advantage of the depth of this draft. It seems that the their is going to be some real good players available in round 2 and 3 that will make this team better in the future.

Moving down would be ideal. Due to the lack of need for QB after pick 9 we can move down and still get Barkley plus additional picks we badly need.

Extremebillsfan247
04-23-2013, 01:59 PM

The problem with size is that the smaller the receiver is, the higher the probability of increasing vulnerability to severe injury resulting in time spent on IR. This is just a fact of nature in the NFL.

Mahdi
04-23-2013, 02:04 PM
The problem with size is that the smaller the receiver is, the higher the probability of increasing vulnerability to severe injury resulting in time spent on IR. This is just a fact of nature in the NFL.

Not sure if it was you I had this debate with but there is no evidence linking greater risk of injury to smaller players.

Hines Ward, Sproles, Welker, Steve Smith, Jaquizz Rodgers, Santana Moss, Warrick Dunn, Santonio Holmes, McCoy, Stokely, Flutie, Harvin.... list goes on...

Oaf
04-23-2013, 02:10 PM
Hopefully someone will trade us their picks to draft Tavon instead of the Yets.

Tavon out of AFCE
Bills get more pix

CoolBreeze
04-23-2013, 02:38 PM
ROFL. Are you suggesting EJ Manuel is the best QB?

I'm neither disagreeing or agreeing with that, but in this years draft it seems everyone from the top (GM, analysts) all the way down to the fans has a different opinion on QB ranks .

Smith
Nassib
Manuel
Barkley
Glennon
Wilson
Bray

I've seen all different views on all these guys, some just value others more

Oaf
04-23-2013, 02:53 PM
I am or trade back in the 1st fro Barkley, as I'm not sold on Manuel as much as you are. I'm all for Tavon though - Tavon and Spiller = D Coordinator's nightmare

Kevin Kolb = D Coordinator's dream.

What's actually going to win us a Super Bowl?

The Jokeman
04-23-2013, 07:49 PM
Not sure if it was you I had this debate with but there is no evidence linking greater risk of injury to smaller players.

Hines Ward, Sproles, Welker, Steve Smith, Jaquizz Rodgers, Santana Moss, Warrick Dunn, Santonio Holmes, McCoy, Stokely, Flutie, Harvin.... list goes on...

How many of those guys are you listing were WR AND how many were 5-8? That's right NONE of them, Welker is 5-9 but his game is not as a burner but of quickness and great hands and Steve Smith is also 5-9 but he's got a bigger build (see more weight). I'm not buying the Austin hype. If I'm wrong so be it but rather some other team take Dexter McCluster Jr in Round 1 than us.

cookie G
04-24-2013, 08:41 AM
-NFLN did it's mock draft last night and Dan Jeremiah picked for the Bills. He picked Tayvon Austin, which seemed to surprise some people. Mayock asked if that wasn't a little redundant, to play on the field with Spiller. He just said, "no, it complements him." He went on to say, if you want to run this hurry up, up tempo, quick strike offense, give your QB (Kolb *cough*) quick strike people. They all liked the theory.

So...Austin in the 1st, QB of your choosing in the 2nd, Swope in the 3rd.

3 weapons on the field at the same time who have run a sub 4.3 40.

Al Davis would love it, Chip Kelly's boner wouldn't stop until December.

Dr. Who
04-24-2013, 09:38 AM
Austin, Barkley, Swope is a pretty nice combination. Add Vance Macdonald in the fourth.

better days
04-24-2013, 11:20 AM

- - - Updated - - -

How thick can he be at 174 lbs? Doesn't sound thick at all to me.