PDA

View Full Version : Which Final 2 Players Would You Hope The Bills Are Considering At #8 ?

Night Train
04-22-2013, 01:58 PM
Yes, I want the phone to ring for aquiring more picks while backing up in Round 1, but if not..

It comes down to 2 players and whoever they finally decide on, you're fine with..

I would hope 1 of the 3 stud LT's would fall to 8 but it probably won't happen. I don't buy QB at all at #8, nor a WR (since they struggle badly as rookies most of the time). WR's are easy to find. CB, no way. They're all over the place. Millner has horrible hands for a CB.

So for me, it's OG Cooper of North Carolina ( in far better shape and more versitile than Warmack, think up tempo) or TE Eifert of ND. ( Looks like an impact TE right now and will be a godsend for any QB ) . They start immediately and I don't have to worry about the "Potential" label. They have the talent now.

Cooper or Eifert.

Your turn and your reasoning with it.

Mahdi
04-22-2013, 02:00 PM
Barkley or Austin/Eifert.

I put Eifert and Austin together because either one would address a receiving threat void we need to fill and both are mismatch headaches.

CoolBreeze
04-22-2013, 02:09 PM
Geno goes before 8: Nassib/ Austin
Geno still there at 8: Nassib/ Smith

Mahdi
04-22-2013, 02:46 PM
Geno goes before 8: Nassib/ Austin
Geno still there at 8: Nassib/ Smith

Who Smith?

Mr. Pink
04-22-2013, 02:48 PM
Austin/Vaccaro.

And I'm thinking that's exactly who they are considering.

I'd be shocked if the pick wasn't one of those, in fact.

Mahdi
04-22-2013, 02:50 PM
Austin/Vaccaro.

And I'm thinking that's exactly who they are considering.

I'd be shocked if the pick wasn't one of those, in fact.

I'm not sure that the gap between Vaccaro and Elam and Reid is so big that I would have to take Vaccaro at 8. I also like Rambo in the second or third.

ct bills fan
04-22-2013, 02:56 PM
Tavon, Eifert, Jordan (though he'll likely be gone)

cookie G
04-22-2013, 03:00 PM
Geno Smith if he's there. Trade down if not.

Mr. Pink
04-22-2013, 03:11 PM
If we trade down then Eifert.

Don't like the idea of taking him at 8.

BillsU
04-22-2013, 03:17 PM
Yeah we aren't taking Eifert at 8.

YardRat
04-22-2013, 04:17 PM
Warmack or Vaccaro, even though I realize Buddy has pretty much ruled out o-line at #8.

The Jokeman
04-22-2013, 04:26 PM
Dion Jordan/Geno if there would be my top picks.

Then my real two would be WR Coradelle Patterson/DE Ezekiel "Ziggy" Ansah

Yet I feel the Bills will either take Matt Barkley or Jarvis Jones.

coastal
04-22-2013, 04:31 PM
Warmack or Cooper

mjt328
04-22-2013, 04:43 PM
Any trade-down option should be considered. I'm currently leaning towards Geno Smith and Matt Barkley as my top 2 options. If it appears we can trade down a couple spots and get either, I would jump.

I would be satisfied with Jarvis Jones, Dion Jordan, Ezekiel Ansah, Tavon Austin, Lane Johnson or Dee Milliner.
I could be happy Kenny Vaccaro, as long as they are planning to pair him with Byrd - not replace him.
I would be frustrated with Chance Warmack or Jordan Cooper, because we could have just kept Levitre and filled another hole.

I would be mad at Ryan Nassib, Corderalle Patterson or any other major reach.

Mr. Miyagi
04-22-2013, 05:35 PM
Cooper or Eifert.

At #8?? No way.

Any QB might be too high at #8, but if it has to be a QB I'd take Barkley.

I'd also be okay with Warmack at #8 and either Nassib or Wilson in the 2nd, if Barkley isn't there.

swiper
04-22-2013, 05:51 PM
Eric Fisher. Kick Glenn in to guard. Stud line for years. That's my wish and I'm sticking with it for behind such a line even Kevin Kolb could prosper.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-22-2013, 05:53 PM
well, if geno and barkley are gone, then i would hope they take austin or mingo... great players/talent and play at a position of great value...

scoring and the pass rush...

- - - Updated - - -

if their qb is gone, they might try very hard to trade down...

picks 10-60 are very similar in talent

DraftBoy
04-22-2013, 05:55 PM
Geno and Ansah

T-Long
04-22-2013, 05:55 PM
Matt Barkley or EJ Manuel

swiper
04-22-2013, 05:57 PM
Dion Jordan/Geno if there would be my top picks.

Then my real two would be WR Coradelle Patterson/DE Ezekiel "Ziggy" Ansah

Yet I feel the Bills will either take Matt Barkley or Jarvis Jones.

Don't know that they need him, but that Ansah is going to be a good one. I'd be happy to see that pick.

TacklingDummy
04-22-2013, 06:18 PM
Jones, Mingo, or Olgetree.

Don't Panic
04-22-2013, 08:01 PM
Jordan or Ansah, but they'll be gone. Warmack or Cooper, but I don't see us going guard. Therefore, Geno or Austin, and I'm pretty confident Geno is going before us (although there's a decent chance he could drop). So make it Austin.

The Jokeman
04-22-2013, 09:42 PM
Don't know that they need him, but that Ansah is going to be a good one. I'd be happy to see that pick.

You can never have too many pass rushers, especially with Mark Anderson a question mark with his injury last year and age.

The Jokeman
04-22-2013, 09:50 PM
Any trade-down option should be considered. I'm currently leaning towards Geno Smith and Matt Barkley as my top 2 options. If it appears we can trade down a couple spots and get either, I would jump.

I would be satisfied with Jarvis Jones, Dion Jordan, Ezekiel Ansah, Tavon Austin, Lane Johnson or Dee Milliner.
I could be happy Kenny Vaccaro, as long as they are planning to pair him with Byrd - not replace him.
I would be frustrated with Chance Warmack or Jordan Cooper, because we could have just kept Levitre and filled another hole.

I would be mad at Ryan Nassib, Corderalle Patterson or any other major reach.

NFL.com ranked Stephen Gilmore as the 20th best prospect in the draft last year. The Bills took him at pick 10 because of the need for a CB. By contrast Patterson this year ranks as the 14th best prospect. Though like Gilmore he's a physical specimen, played in the SEC and fills a need. I don't get why people consider him such a reach.

The Jokeman
04-22-2013, 09:52 PM
well, if geno and barkley are gone, then i would hope they take austin or mingo... great players/talent and play at a position of great value...

scoring and the pass rush...

- - - Updated - - -

if their qb is gone, they might try very hard to trade down...

picks 10-60 are very similar in talent

Mingo scares me and has bust written all over him.

swiper
04-23-2013, 04:44 AM
Jordan or Ansah, but they'll be gone. Warmack or Cooper, but I don't see us going guard. Therefore, Geno or Austin, and I'm pretty confident Geno is going before us (although there's a decent chance he could drop). So make it Austin.

3 OTs, DTs, QBs, Milliner, Vaccaro, Austin/Patterson, etc... chances are one or both of those guys are still on the board at #8.

swiper
04-23-2013, 04:46 AM
Mingo scares me and has bust written all over him.

Something tells me it would not be a good fit to have 2 LBs from the same school running around back there together. Call it Ruud/Nelson redux. Buffalo has done that before with poor results.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-23-2013, 06:38 AM
Something tells me it would not be a good fit to have 2 LBs from the same school running around back there together. Call it Ruud/Nelson redux. Buffalo has done that before with poor results.

ok?..?

the dude has jevon kearse type freak talent on the edge. i dont get how you pass on him if you dont want to go qb...

Mahdi
04-23-2013, 06:57 AM
Geno and Ansah

If we're going with a DE I'd rather see a speed guy. We already have Ansah in Mario Williams.

The Jokeman
04-23-2013, 07:57 PM
If we're going with a DE I'd rather see a speed guy. We already have Ansah in Mario Williams.

Ziggy ran the 5th or 6th best forty's in the combine and one the best at his position and one of the best short shuttles. He has compared to JPP/Justin Tuck. You leave Mario at left DE and lineup Ziggy at right DE on 1st down or SOLB in nickel/dime defense and you could have two scary bookend pass rushers. Toss in Anderson on 3rd downs and then what? Or if bring in Manny Lawson too. The NFL is about creating mismatches/hiding scheme and by getting a Ziggy you can do a lot of that. Some of the speed rushers like Mingo don't warrant that luxery.

The Jokeman
04-23-2013, 08:01 PM
ok?..?

the dude has jevon kearse type freak talent on the edge. i dont get how you pass on him if you dont want to go qb...

Kearse was a freak because he had the size 6-4 265 and speed where Mingo only has the speed as he only weighs in at 245.

Saratoga Slim
04-23-2013, 08:16 PM
I want offense. Look at the top defenses in the league last year, and they barely made a playoff ripple. today's NFL is all about offense. We need playmakers, and I think Austin is the surest bet to add sizzle. cordarelle Patterson scares the crap out of me at 8. All of the QBs scare me at 8.

That said, I'm also nervous about the OL, and would be happy with any of the elite OL prospects. but don't think Nix looks at OL as top ten picks.

So my favorites would be Austin/OL.

And I think the Bills will be looking at Austin, Milliner, Rhodes or Vaccaro.

swiper
04-23-2013, 08:23 PM
Pass on a WR listed at 5'8" or 5'9". Sorry. Especially after seeing this:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Graham-impresses-early/5b760bfe-e9f6-4ecc-9820-9b3c7c423193

bigbub2352
04-23-2013, 08:34 PM
OLB Jarvis Jones

QB Ryan Nassib

jdbillsfan
04-23-2013, 08:57 PM
Geno and Eifert

Downinfloflo
04-24-2013, 12:41 AM
Austin...If they can't move down from #8

The Bills have no Wide Outs after Stevie.Imagine Austin, Stevie and Spiller on the same field together.

And if T.J can get it together they would be pretty dynamic.

Buffalo Billy Bison
04-24-2013, 01:33 AM
Since everyone is all over the board with the last 2 picks that everyone would take I reserve my right to be satisfied with either of the two I won't mention as long as it is one of them.:surrender

Mike
04-24-2013, 05:23 PM
Dion Jordan: Probably will be off the board by 8 but you never know... Every year a player drops, remember Orakpo?
or
Jarvis Jones: If he did not have the injury concerns and had better measurable, he would be the top pick in this years draft. His talent is off the charts, so getting him at 8 might be a great steal! Again, this does come with a price, an injury history and weak measurable but in the end, it starts and ends with the game tape.

BertSquirtgum
04-24-2013, 07:17 PM
Barkley or Dion Jordan/Jarvis Jones or Tavon Austin

BertSquirtgum
04-24-2013, 07:19 PM
Anyone that wants Nassib at 8 should have their head examined by a doctor.