PDA

View Full Version : MMD 2013 Draft thread - Hold on to your socks

Skooby
04-22-2013, 08:43 PM
2013 Bills draft picks:

8. Buffalo Bills: Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse: Jets forced their hand.

41. BB - Cordarrelle Patterson - WR - Tennessee: For our quick uptempo offense.

71. Da'Rick Rogers - WR - Tennessee Tech: We're making the offense better, now.

105. Alex Okafor - DE - Texas: Yeah, he falls that far down & we can't resist.

143. Dion Sims - TE - Michigan State: 6'5" & 262 LBS, just throw him the ball then lookout.

177. Nico Johnson - ILB - Alabama: Dansby has to mentor somebody.

Top Ten Draft picks:1. Kansas City Chiefs: Eric Fisher - OT - Central Michigan: Has the Edge on Luke.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars: Dion Jordan - OLB - Oregon: Biggest need looks to be filled.

3. Oakland Raiders: Luke Joeckel -OT - Texas A&M - Prayed for Eric but will take LJ.

4. Philadelphia Eagles: Lane Johnson - OT - Oklahoma: Securing the trenches.

5. Detroit Lions: Dee Milliner - CB - Alabama: Jets won't play ball on the Lions demand, so they cook them.

6. Cleveland Browns: Star Lotulelei - DT - Utah: Can be put anywhere on the line.

7. Arizona Cardinals: Ziggy Ansah DE - BYU: BPA.

9. New York Jets: Barkevious Mingo - OLB - LSU: Part of the rebuild that needs some time.

10. Tennessee Titans: Sharrif Floyd - DT - Florida: BPA

SpikedLemonade
04-22-2013, 08:58 PM
So we draft Nassib as the first QB off the board?

**** Syracuse!!!

Why must we be like the ******ed kid who must be confined to his own backyard?

There was no talk of Nassib going in the top 10 until we hired Marrone.

Why is that?

Skooby
04-22-2013, 09:02 PM

**** Syracuse!!!

Why is that?

It's not a reach to get our franchise / starting QB, Kolb's our back-up.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-22-2013, 09:17 PM

**** Syracuse!!!

Why is that?

doesnt gruden have him as him number 1? i feel weird about the pick, but hes got all the tools...

X-Era
04-23-2013, 05:11 AM
McShay has him as the only QB being drafted in round 1 and it's by the Bills. I don't think it's as much because he's worthy of the 8 pick but more that theres a group of 3 that rate about the same and the ties to the Bills with Nassib make it more likely.

swiper
04-23-2013, 05:56 AM
ROFLMAO at people putting ANY credence into anything McShay or Gruden have to say.

Drafting Nassib at #8 should get everyone involved fired immediately. Unfortunately Ralph has trouble getting to the phone these days.

BertSquirtgum
04-23-2013, 09:54 AM
Barkley over Nassib.

Don't Panic
04-23-2013, 11:02 AM
IMO...

Geno is the only guy worth our 1st.
Nassib, Barkley (in that order) are the only ones worth our 2nd.
Manuel, Jones, Bray, Wilson (in that order) are worth our 3rd.

I cannot justify reaching this year. It is a solid draft. There is a ton of talent at a lot of spots we need help. I'd rather see us get bona fide contributors with our first three picks than reach for a QB with a ton of question marks. If we have to make it through the year with Kolb and TJax then so be it. Don't reach OBD!

jamze132
04-23-2013, 11:10 AM
No QB in RD1. Jarvis Jones then take the best QB available in Rd2.

CoolBreeze
04-23-2013, 11:33 AM
2013 Bills draft picks:

41. BB - Cordarrelle Patterson - WR - Tennessee: For our quick uptempo offense.

71. Da'Rick Rogers - WR - Tennessee Tech: We're making the offense better, now.

105. Alex Okafor - DE - Texas: Yeah, he falls that far down & we can't resist.

143. Dion Sims - TE - Michigan State: 6'5" & 262 LBS, just throw him the ball then lookout.

177. Nico Johnson - ILB - Alabama: Dansby has to mentor somebody.

That'd be wonderful... Just wonderful, I hope it happens. though I believe Nassib COULD be the pick, but I also believe that Geno Smith isn't as far off Buddy's radar as we're being led to believe. I am convinced however, that Nassib or Smith will be our pick

swiper
04-23-2013, 01:32 PM
That'd be wonderful... Just wonderful, I hope it happens. though I believe Nassib COULD be the pick, but I also believe that Geno Smith isn't as far off Buddy's radar as we're being led to believe. I am convinced however, that Nassib or Smith will be our pick

Did you see what Kurt Warner had to say about Nassib? I think you should see it...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/23/kurt-warner-cant-see-how-ryan-nassib-is-a-first-round-pick/

jwenger
04-23-2013, 01:45 PM
All I can say is that if GENO is still there at #8 and we blow him off
for that sorry over rated nassib we will be kicking ourselves for the next 5 years.
GENO will be a better pro then nassib who is an exact clone of Fitzpatrick.
Fitz****ty #2 is on the way to Buffalo.

SquishDaFish
04-23-2013, 02:12 PM
Patterson isnt lasting till rd 2 LOL

CoolBreeze
04-23-2013, 02:24 PM
No way Cordarrelle Patterson will ever be a Bill... Not in the 1st rd or beyond. The fact is... He's a dumb-*** . If you've ever noticed. Buddy Nix drafts for the most part, well spoken, intelligent people. The only route tree he can run is straight. Plan on Robert Woods or Ryan Swope would be my guess.

CoolBreeze
04-23-2013, 02:27 PM
Sort of agree with your assessment on Nassib. However, although Geno is an excellent athlete, he's not the smartest tool in the shed. Watch the video of him Steve Mariucci. Mariucci designed a play for him, part by part. Geno was lost. When Mariucci wanted him to re-create it, he couldn't come close. 2 minutes later.
All I can say is that if GENO is still there at #8 and we blow him off
for that sorry over rated nassib we will be kicking ourselves for the next 5 years.
GENO will be a better pro then nassib who is an exact clone of Fitzpatrick.
Fitz****ty #2 is on the way to Buffalo.

Skooby
04-23-2013, 03:12 PM
No way Cordarrelle Patterson will ever be a Bill... Not in the 1st rd or beyond. The fact is... He's a dumb-*** . If you've ever noticed. Buddy Nix drafts for the most part, well spoken, intelligent people. The only route tree he can run is straight. Plan on Robert Woods or Ryan Swope would be my guess.

Like McKelvin, right?

Mski
04-23-2013, 04:25 PM
Like McKelvin, right?

i dont think he was a Nix pick, but his interviews are just painful to listen to

Skooby
04-24-2013, 07:37 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/24/talk-heats-up-that-chiefs-prefer-fisher-to-joeckel/

Fisher might go #1.

Skooby
04-25-2013, 06:38 AM
Fisher is looking like the #1 pick.

Skooby
04-25-2013, 04:16 PM
Fisher is #1, so right thus far.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/25/chiefs-will-take-eric-fisher/

Bangarang
04-25-2013, 04:19 PM
Sort of agree with your assessment on Nassib. However, although Geno is an excellent athlete, he's not the smartest tool in the shed. Watch the video of him Steve Mariucci. Mariucci designed a play for him, part by part. Geno was lost. When Mariucci wanted him to re-create it, he couldn't come close. 2 minutes later.

The magic of editing made it appear it was 2 minutes later but the likelihood if it being longer is pretty good.

Skooby
04-25-2013, 07:24 PM
I'm 2 out of 4 with 2/3 mixed up.