PDA

View Full Version : Is this the worst draft class in Big 10 history?

IlluminatusUIUC
04-22-2013, 09:09 PM
I'm seeing multiple mocks where they don't have a single player coming off the board in the top 50 picks. Is that a first?

NOT THE DUDE...
04-22-2013, 09:16 PM
im a huge michigan fan, and follow the conference closely, the talent level has dropped dramatically, especially the past 10 years.... keep in mind the sec has different rules. and the midwest has had major economic problems...

its a nice conf, but imo, outside of mi/ohio state, its a glorified mac league jmo

IlluminatusUIUC
04-22-2013, 09:24 PM
im a huge michigan fan, and follow the conference closely, the talent level has dropped dramatically, especially the past 10 years.... keep in mind the sec has different rules. and the midwest has had major economic problems...

its a nice conf, but imo, outside of mi/ohio state, its a glorified mac league jmo

True, but even last year they produced 4 first rounders and 7 second rounders (if you include Nebraska). In 2011 they had five first rounders and arguably the best player in the draft. That's a hell of a dropoff.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-22-2013, 09:37 PM
True, but even last year they produced 4 first rounders and 7 second rounders (if you include Nebraska). In 2011 they had five first rounders and arguably the best player in the draft. That's a hell of a dropoff.

im not saying they outright suck, just saying there is little talent there

- - - Updated - - -

like i said, outside mi/ohio, its like the mac

NOT THE DUDE...
04-22-2013, 09:37 PM
and mi/ohio is not the same caliber program from the 70s -80s-90s

IlluminatusUIUC
04-22-2013, 09:44 PM
im not saying they outright suck, just saying there is little talent there

like i said, outside mi/ohio, its like the mac

UM and OSU aren't the ones producing those players though. In the last two drafts, they have produced 3 1st and 2nd rounders combined (Mike Adams, Cameron Heyward, Jonas Mouton). Illinois has been better than that in the same span. Wisconsin too.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-22-2013, 09:51 PM
UM and OSU aren't the ones producing those players though. In the last two drafts, they have produced 3 1st and 2nd rounders combined (Mike Adams, Cameron Heyward, Jonas Mouton). Illinois has been better than that in the same span. Wisconsin too.

how many are rated in the top 50 this year?

how many were taken in the 1st 3 rds compared to other conferences? without looking i would guess its a big gap

IlluminatusUIUC
04-22-2013, 09:57 PM
how many are rated in the top 50 this year?

how many were taken in the 1st 3 rds compared to other conferences? without looking i would guess its a big gap

How many of whom? I'm not sure what you're asking me to compare here.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-22-2013, 11:12 PM
how many big ten players are ranked in the top 50?
how many big ten players were taken in the 1st 3 rounds the past 5 years compared to other bcs conferences

IlluminatusUIUC
04-22-2013, 11:25 PM
how many big ten players are ranked in the top 50?

This year? According to who you ask, zero to two.

how many big ten players were taken in the 1st 3 rounds the past 5 years compared to other bcs conferences

I can't tell, the PFR draft finder is glitching on me tonight. But it doesn't seem out of line with the other big time conferences aside from the SEC.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-25-2013, 11:18 PM
One player from the Big 10, at 31. Better then I thought and still a terrible showing.

Mr. Pink
04-25-2013, 11:20 PM
One player from the Big 10, at 31. Better then I thought and still a terrible showing.

The draft is pretty weak overall, to be honest.

This is the first draft in years where I was sitting there on multiple picks with no idea where a team was gonna go.