PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Thriller Mock Draft.

Buffalo Thriller
04-23-2013, 03:03 PM
With Draft Day two days away I thought I would do a mock. Im going to do two scenarios covering how I think the top 8 will pan out.

#1 Kansas City Chiefs.
Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
This is a toss up between Joeckel and Eric Fisher. The Chiefs need to upgrade that OL and protect Alex Smith.

#2 Jacksonville Jaguars.
Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
If Joeckel is gone at #1 the Jags could go with the safe pick in Fisher, however, Jordan has drawn comparrisons to Jason Pierre-Paul and Aldon Smith. He also fits Bradley's D.

#3 Oakland Raiders.
Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
The Raiders D-Line was 2nd worst last year behind Jacksonville. Floyd may be able to help with that.

#4 Philadelphia Eagles.
Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
Their O-Line is horrible. D-Bell was released, Jason Peters is hurt, etc. This pick makes sense.

#5 Detroit Lions.
Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama Crimson Tide!
His shoulder injury may scare them off, but I think they will go ahead and jump the gun.

#6 Clevland Browns.
Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
Browns have some guys on their D-line that do not fit well in the 3-4, where Lotulelei will.

#7 Arizona Cardinals.
Ezekiel Ansah, DE/OLB, BYU
Put Ansah across from Sam Acho and let them go to work.

#8 Buffalo Bills.
Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
Smith had 73 touchdowns to just 12 interceptions in his last 2 years at WVU. I think Geno is the only QB in this draft worthy of a 1st round grade. Nassib wasnt even considered a 1st rounder until Marrone and company came to Buffalo, and I still dont think he is. Smith may have a chance of falling to the 2nd round but if that happens I don't see us being able to trade back into the 1st and land him.

2nd Scenario: If the Bills dont traget a QB at #8 we could go with a guy like Tavon Austin or D.J Fluker, and pick up a guy like EJ Manuel in the 2nd.