PDA

View Full Version : eric moulds 2002 !!!

NOT THE DUDE...
04-24-2013, 02:38 AM
eric moulds 2002 !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxD7Kh7z7cA

most talented wr in bills history, imo

BADTHINGSMAN
04-24-2013, 02:49 AM
One of my Bills players. For a while I thought he was going to be a bust. Glad I was wrong.

BADTHINGSMAN
04-24-2013, 03:43 AM
The one common thing in that video as well as the 2001 video is that Buffalo was usually coming from behind. Geez did Moulds have it all, quickness(though not the fastest), good hands, ability to catch in traffic, create yards, was aggressive. If Buffalo could only find another Moulds, and no Stevie isnt even close.

BillsU
04-24-2013, 05:38 AM
That man was awesome back in the day!

coastal
04-24-2013, 05:44 AM
Sig-hint.

swiper
04-24-2013, 06:13 AM
eric moulds 2002 !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxD7Kh7z7cA

most talented wr in bills history, imo

Frank Lewis

Jerry Butler

James Lofton

Stevie Johnson

Andre Reed

Elbert Dubenion

Moulds can take his Herpes and GTFO.

BillsU
04-24-2013, 06:18 AM
Moulds was second to Andre Redd IMO.

MTBillsFan
04-24-2013, 07:06 AM
My dad and I met Eric Moulds at the Buffalo airport along with Gabe Northern right before training camp their rookie years. All I remember was the Gabe was huge and Eric was super skinny.

Mski
04-24-2013, 10:46 AM
definately not the best in franchise history, and that isnt even a close debate, but he's the best this team has had since Reed left

NOT THE DUDE...
04-24-2013, 10:49 AM
for as powerful and explosive as eric was, he great top end speed. he was one of the rare few that had every trait as a wr....

if he had drew his whole career, WOW. But flutie helped him lots too, he would just throw it up like a pg to moulds!

- - - Updated - - -

flutie and moulds used to play bball together in the offseason

- - - Updated - - -

the 98 season is still one of the greatest ive ever seen from a wr

ThunderGun
04-24-2013, 11:05 AM
The one common thing in that video as well as the 2001 video is that Buffalo was usually coming from behind. Geez did Moulds have it all, quickness(though not the fastest), good hands, ability to catch in traffic, create yards, was aggressive. If Buffalo could only find another Moulds, and no Stevie isnt even close.

Yes, he could do it all. One of my all-time favorite Bills. He was taken a few picks after Marvin Harrison.

Harrison obviously had a better career....but imagine of Moulds had Peyton Manning throwing to him for 10 years, instead of Todd Collins, Van Pelt, Rob Johnson, Flutie, Bledsoe, Shane Matthews, Losman, Holcomb, David Carr, Vince Young and Kerry Collins.

ParanoidAndroid
04-24-2013, 11:18 AM
I agree that Moulds was actually a better talent than Reed. Moulds could dominate DB's more consistently. Too bad the offenses he played on were constantly fluctuating and often subpar. I can understand why some disagree... I mean, the margin is very small.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-24-2013, 12:06 PM
definately not the best in franchise history, and that isnt even a close debate, but he's the best this team has had since Reed left

he was by far the most talented... jmo

K-Gun
04-24-2013, 01:08 PM
god it took bledsoe forever to get rid of the ball. he could have been great if he had a quick release. moulds was top 3 all-time. but no way better than Andre.

sukie
04-24-2013, 01:10 PM
Bobby Chandler and Ahmad Rashad were pretty good receivers but thier bests were when they went elsewhere.

I have a hard time placing Moulds ahead of Andre Reed but that, perhaps, is a sentimental view. I also don't think the entire body of work puts him in Reed's hemisphere.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-24-2013, 01:13 PM
i love reed, hof wr, maybe the greatest rac wr of all time. and fearless.

when i talk about moulds, im talking from a talent point of view.

size, power, explosion out of breaks, moves, top end speed, master of all routes, incredible deep threat, clutch player, tough, mean, etc...

if you could draw one up, moulds is a 10 in every area. hes the bo jackson of wrs imo. sadly, in a market like buffalo with no great teams in his era, his memory will disappear in the history of the nfl, much like billy sims

NOT THE DUDE...
04-24-2013, 01:16 PM
if you would have put eric moulds on the pats or colts with manning, farve, etc. he would have gone down as a top 5 great.

his talent dropped at age 31 when he had that really bad groin injury. his burst and explosion was not the same...

- - - Updated - - -

a modern wr i compare him to is andre johnson, and i still think moulds was slightly more explosive and agile...

he was a freak

NOT THE DUDE...
04-24-2013, 01:17 PM
remember the 9-240 game in 98 vs miami in the playoffs. hated the fumble, but he kept us in that game, even being double teamed

- - - Updated - - -

you know a wr is great when madison and surtain in their prime cant cover him... man!

sukie
04-24-2013, 01:18 PM
if you would have put eric moulds on the pats or colts with manning, farve, etc. he would have gone down as a top 5 great.

his talent dropped at age 31 when he had that really bad groin injury. his burst and explosion was not the same...

- - - Updated - - -

a modern wr i compare him to is andre johnson, and i still think moulds was slightly more explosive and agile...

he was a freak
That can be said for any better than average WR in the league.

sukie
04-24-2013, 01:19 PM
remember the 9-240 game in 98 vs miami in the playoffs. hated the fumble, but he kept us in that game, even being double teamed

- - - Updated - - -

you know a wr is great when madison and surtain in their prime cant cover him... man!

I remember Reed single handedly ending Louis Oliver's NFL career.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-24-2013, 01:23 PM
That can be said for any better than average WR in the league.

from a talent pov? i mean, yeah, there are great talents, but very few have all the traits like moulds. he could have had a jerry rice type career

Bert102176
04-24-2013, 02:33 PM
Only problem with Moulds is he never had a full carear with a franchise Qb, yeah he had Bledsoe, and Flutie but also had the likes of Rob Johnson, and other hacks pretending to be QB's if he had 1 franchise QB which the team hasn't had since Kelly his numbers would have been top 5 WR of all time.

Mouldsie
04-24-2013, 03:50 PM
Obv