• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

My Draft Wishlist

Anyone who's read my posts over the last two months should know how I feel about the 8th pick but this is a broader scope of what I hope the Bills do this week.

1. If you have the chance to take an impact player you do it. If that impact player fills a hole on your team you have to do it.
    Both Jarvis Jones (OLB/Georgia) and Chance Warmack (G/Alabama) have the build and skill set to be Pro Bowl players in this league for a long time to come. They can also contribute from day 1. If the Bills don't feel the same way about any QB you simply can't pass on these guys to reach.

2. This is wear you take the best QB available. And that's probably going to be EJ Manuel (QB/FSU) I honestly don't believe the gap between Nassib/Smith and Manuel is that big. Manuel has the tools, he's got the work ethic and I believe he can lead a team as well as any QB in this draft.

3. In a WR deep draft you have the opportunity to add solid contributor in the 3rd round. Either Da'Rick Rogers (WR/Tenn) or Aaron Dobson (WR/Marshall) could be available at this spot, both come at 6'3", have solid speed (around 4.45) and could fill Donald Jones spot nicely.

4. Another deep position in the draft is safety it's also a spot the Bills may need to sure up, especially with a Byrd contract pending and Aaron Williams making a position swap. This is where I think Marrone could pull the SU connection and go for Shamarko Thomas (SS/Syracuse). If he's unavailable look for Robert Lester (SS/Alabama) in round 5.

I also really like Chris Gragg (TE/Arkansas) late in this draft, he's injury prone but he brings a unique quickness, and plays a lot like a 4th WR.

In 4-5 rounds we can sure up 4 positions of need and make this team better. I selected conservatively so the chances of landing these players is really up to the Bills.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by The King; 04-24-2013, 09:05 AM.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Re: My Draft Wishlist

I love me some Jarvis Jones but wouldn't be upset with taking our pick of the WRs at #8. I totally agree we can go after a QB in RD2 and get great value.

Comment

• The King
      • Jun 2004

I just dont want to see Austin at 8. I dont think he offers a ton more than SPiller.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• Buddo
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by The King View Post
        I just dont want to see Austin at 8. I dont think he offers a ton more than SPiller.
        I agree, and his size is a concern. Everyone who actually gets to the NFL is bigger and faster than his regular opposition, and much like Roscoe, I feel he's destined to see IR quite a lot. Sometimes, the heart might be willing, but the body lets you down.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Warmack

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
            • Apr 2004

In reference to Tavon Austin, I doubt that DeSean Jackson plays another complete season for the remainder of his career.

Comment

• T-Long
              Circling the Wagons since 1982.
              • Sep 2003

I am nervous about waiting till 41 to get a QB. But I also know what a risk it is to gamble with one at 8. We don't have the ammo to trade back into the first with only 6 total picks and knowing how Buddy treats those picks. We could always dip into 2014, but I don't want to do that either. What QB do we really expect to be there at 41? I think Smith, Manuel, Barkley, and Nassib are all gone by 41.

Comment

• Historian
                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                • Dec 2002

Nassib
                Nassib
                Nassib

That is all.

Comment

• The King
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
                  In reference to Tavon Austin, I doubt that DeSean Jackson plays another complete season for the remainder of his career.
                  The other challenge is the first thing to give on a player is that speed burst... so these guys tend to have shorter careers as is. Whereas guys who are better rounded tend to be able to play even when the speed goes.
                  It was all

Comment

• The King
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by T-Long View Post
                    I am nervous about waiting till 41 to get a QB. But I also know what a risk it is to gamble with one at 8. We don't have the ammo to trade back into the first with only 6 total picks and knowing how Buddy treats those picks. We could always dip into 2014, but I don't want to do that either. What QB do we really expect to be there at 41? I think Smith, Manuel, Barkley, and Nassib are all gone by 41.
                    I really don't think they'll be gone.
                    It was all

Comment

• Mski
                      • Mar 2006

Bray... i think he's #2 on their QB list behind barkley
                      RIP Tommy D!
                      12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• The Jokeman
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by The King View Post
                        Anyone who's read my posts over the last two months should know how I feel about the 8th pick but this is a broader scope of what I hope the Bills do this week.

1. If you have the chance to take an impact player you do it. If that impact player fills a hole on your team you have to do it.
                        Both Jarvis Jones (OLB/Georgia) and Chance Warmack (G/Alabama) have the build and skill set to be Pro Bowl players in this league for a long time to come. They can also contribute from day 1. If the Bills don't feel the same way about any QB you simply can't pass on these guys to reach.

2. This is wear you take the best QB available. And that's probably going to be EJ Manuel (QB/FSU) I honestly don't believe the gap between Nassib/Smith and Manuel is that big. Manuel has the tools, he's got the work ethic and I believe he can lead a team as well as any QB in this draft.

3. In a WR deep draft you have the opportunity to add solid contributor in the 3rd round. Either Da'Rick Rogers (WR/Tenn) or Aaron Dobson (WR/Marshall) could be available at this spot, both come at 6'3", have solid speed (around 4.45) and could fill Donald Jones spot nicely.

4. Another deep position in the draft is safety it's also a spot the Bills may need to sure up, especially with a Byrd contract pending and Aaron Williams making a position swap. This is where I think Marrone could pull the SU connection and go for Shamarko Thomas (SS/Syracuse). If he's unavailable look for Robert Lester (SS/Alabama) in round 5.

I also really like Chris Gragg (TE/Arkansas) late in this draft, he's injury prone but he brings a unique quickness, and plays a lot like a 4th WR.

In 4-5 rounds we can sure up 4 positions of need and make this team better. I selected conservatively so the chances of landing these players is really up to the Bills.
                        I don't like Warmack at pick 8 and Jones is a bit of a reach but all in all I liked your thoughts except for 4th point. As not sure S is a great need and think we could still get a decent guy like Eric Smith in free agency. As to me I can't see drafting a S instead I sign one as an undrafted free agent to put in the mix and if we do lose Byrd (which I highly doubt) then look to replace him next year.

Comment

• The King
                          • Jun 2004

Well today will dictate the rest of our draft... please don't be a QB.
                          It was all

Comment

• jamze132
                            Don’t hate…
                            • Jun 2003

I think at least 2 of those guys will still be available. And I group all of those guys into the same basket. Just reach your hand in and pick one.

Comment

• jamze132
                              Don’t hate…
                              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                              I don't like Warmack at pick 8 and Jones is a bit of a reach but all in all I liked your thoughts except for 4th point. As not sure S is a great need and think we could still get a decent guy like Eric Smith in free agency. As to me I can't see drafting a S instead I sign one as an undrafted free agent to put in the mix and if we do lose Byrd (which I highly doubt) then look to replace him next year.
                              What makes Jarvis Jones a reach? The guy is a stud and was graded as a top 10 pick almost all season.

When the season ends is when I hate most of the "draft experts" since they move people up and down for no apparent reason. Jarvis Jones would be a great pick for us at #8.

Comment

Working...
                              X