PDA

View Full Version : Bills nervous Jets will snag Nassib, may pick him at 8

T-Long
04-24-2013, 09:33 AM
If Bills coach Doug Marrone loves his old Syracuse quarterback Ryan Nassib as much as everyone says, then it would make sense for Buffalo to pick Nassib with the No. 8 overall pick in the draft. But no one else seems to love Nassib as much as Marrone does, which might suggest that the Bills could trade down from No. 8 and get Nassib late in the first round, or even take Nassib with their second-round pick.

The problem, however, is that the Bills are worried that a team in their own division may quietly love Nassib just as much as they do.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/24/bills-fear-jets-will-take-ryan-nassib/

Novacane
04-24-2013, 09:38 AM
Does Marrone really love Nassib as much as people say he does? I think there's a lot of assuming going on.

justasportsfan
04-24-2013, 10:22 AM
wait! According to this thread with this title "Re: Rumor: Bills to spook the Jets to move up in the draft " says it's the other way.

Mr. Pink
04-24-2013, 10:34 AM
I'd be highly surprised if the Jets take a QB with the 16 or so million they have tied up in Sanchize.

But it's the Jets so things they do don't really surprise me anymore.

gebobs
04-24-2013, 10:34 AM

BertSquirtgum
04-24-2013, 10:37 AM
I must have missed the press conference in which the Bills came out and said they're worried about the Jets taking Nassib. This article is complete horse****.

BertSquirtgum
04-24-2013, 10:38 AM
I'd be highly surprised if the Jets take a QB with the 16 or so million they have tied up in Sanchize.

But it's the Jets so things they do don't really surprise me anymore.

Sanchez will be cut next year without any penalty to the Jets. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they take a QB at 13 or 39.

Mr. Pink
04-24-2013, 10:41 AM
Sanchez will be cut next year without any penalty to the Jets. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they take a QB at 13 or 39.

Weak QB class this year without question, next year is supposed to be stronger.

You're stuck with Sanchize so you sink or swim with him for a year, imo.

If you do well, then you resign him at an obviously much lower pay rate. If you do poorly, you're in position to draft a better QB next year and have him completely off the books.

Personally, I'd use those picks to try and put players around him to succeed as this is a win now league and as I said, they're kind of stuck with him for the year behind center.

OpIv37
04-24-2013, 10:45 AM
For the moment it's all just rumor and conjecture.

But, given how this org has acted in the past, it wouldn't shock me to see the Jets play them into reaching for Nassib, especially if Smith is off the board. It sounds a lot like how we ended up with Whitner,

BertSquirtgum
04-24-2013, 10:50 AM
<cite>pkrjones says:</cite> <small>Apr 24, 2013 10:32 AM </small> Bills getting Jets to blow a high round pick on Nassib, while plotting to grab Landry Jones with their 3rd rounder… strengthen your own team while helping trash a division rival ~ beautifully played, Buffalo.

This is one of the comments on the bottom. I never really thought about the Bills not even considering Nassib and that it all could be a smokescreen.

Mski
04-24-2013, 10:51 AM
with the Jets now have two early #1's I still dont think they'll take a QB with either... they have a chance to pick up two big time playmakers, on a team thats almost as void of them as the Bills

PTI
04-24-2013, 10:55 AM
There is no chance the Jets take a QB in round 1, the Bills better not be spooked by the Jets.

DraftBoy
04-24-2013, 11:18 AM
There are multiple people who are reporting this, not just PFT for the record.

PTI
04-24-2013, 11:20 AM
So, to me, if the Jets take a QB, that means they are tied to Ryan for 3 more years. I don't think they will. I don't see how than can.

BertSquirtgum
04-24-2013, 11:22 AM
There are multiple people who are reporting this, not just PFT for the record.

Reporting a rumor two days before the draft is horse****.

better days
04-24-2013, 11:27 AM
Weak QB class this year without question, next year is supposed to be stronger.

You're stuck with Sanchize so you sink or swim with him for a year, imo.

If you do well, then you resign him at an obviously much lower pay rate. If you do poorly, you're in position to draft a better QB next year and have him completely off the books.

Personally, I'd use those picks to try and put players around him to succeed as this is a win now league and as I said, they're kind of stuck with him for the year behind center.

They are stuck with him on the roster this year, but not necessarily behind Center. More likely on the bench. Rex has to Win this year, or at least show he is developing a QB to win next year. I agree with Hurkey, it will be no surprise to see the Jets draft a QB.

BertSquirtgum
04-24-2013, 11:28 AM
Tavon Austin at 8 and EJ Maneul at 41. Thank you very much.

better days
04-24-2013, 11:32 AM
So, to me, if the Jets take a QB, that means they are tied to Ryan for 3 more years. I don't think they will. I don't see how than can.

I think Woody likes Rex & wants to keep him around, but to appease the fans, they need to win this year which is UNLIKELY or draft & develop a QB to win next year.

DraftBoy
04-24-2013, 11:32 AM
Reporting a rumor two days before the draft is horse****.

What do you want them to do? Report nothing for next 24 hours?

better days
04-24-2013, 11:33 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/24/bills-fear-jets-will-take-ryan-nassib/

I said this a month ago.

BertSquirtgum
04-24-2013, 11:38 AM

That will obviously never happen but to believe any of the horse**** coming out of reporters mouths these next few days is foolish. Every team is trying to smokescreen the next.

DraftBoy
04-24-2013, 12:09 PM
That will obviously never happen but to believe any of the horse**** coming out of reporters mouths these next few days is foolish. Every team is trying to smokescreen the next.

Interesting theory...

NOT THE DUDE...
04-24-2013, 12:12 PM
lol nassib at 8... lmao

if we do go qb, its geno, matt or ej

jwenger
04-24-2013, 12:18 PM
lol nassib at 8... lmao

if we do go qb, its geno, matt or ej

Forget that sorry Nassib. Get GENO if there or MANUEL or even BARKLEY anyone BUT Nassib.
He'd set us back 5 more years. Most teams are not even considering him. Have you ever watched him play??
He's not al that. Trade down with the Falcons at 30 and still get Manuel and a couple of top notch WR's.
Again anyone BUT Nassib.

coastal
04-24-2013, 12:24 PM
My vagina drips goo.

BertSquirtgum
04-24-2013, 12:27 PM
Nassib isn't going to be anything more than a backup in this league, imo. All the bull**** from the "experts" about the Bills loving him because Marrone is his ex-coach is just that, bull****.

- - - Updated - - -

My vagina drips goo.

I could do so much with this.

ct bills fan
04-24-2013, 12:37 PM
I hope it's a smokescreen by the Bills - Barkley killed Syracuse, hoping that left a lasting impression with Marrone

NOT THE DUDE...
04-24-2013, 01:09 PM
im not being sarcastic, id rather have losman right now than nassib. im not even sure he could be a backup...

i literally have no clue why hes projected this high.

decent arm, accuracy issues, mechanic issues, cant hit deep throw, avearage team in an avg conf...

i dont get it.

i mean, some of his throws are just disgusting, like missing on screens and **** lol

Night Train
04-24-2013, 01:37 PM
I'm more worried they'll pass on actual good players.

Bill Cody
04-24-2013, 01:54 PM

Does it really matter what they report? You should know better than most that this kind of rumor is not to be taken seriously. It almost certainly is not based on anything more than conjecture. If I had to bet right now Nassib will not be drafted in the first round.

Mski
04-24-2013, 01:57 PM
Tavon Austin at 8 and EJ Maneul at 41. Thank you very much.i think it may be any play maker at 8 and Bray at 41 or later

NOT THE DUDE...
04-24-2013, 02:02 PM
i think it may be any play maker at 8 and Bray at 41

as much as i want a qb, i think nix thinks there are 8 qbs very close in talent...

they go austin or mingo and then take a qb at 41... like bray or jones. big strong arm guy with lots of experience at a big program. tyler wilson too...

kolb can make all the throws, has the right mentality. just needs to stay healthy.

Bill Cody
04-24-2013, 02:03 PM
im not being sarcastic, id rather have losman right now than nassib. im not even sure he could be a backup...

He is better than Losman. We don't have to speculate on whether Losman can be a backup, the verdict of 32 teams is in.

Mski
04-24-2013, 02:06 PM
as much as i want a qb, i think nix thinks there are 8 qbs very close in talent...

they go austin or mingo and then take a qb at 41... like bray or jones. big strong arm guy with lots of experience at a big program. tyler wilson too...

kolb can make all the throws, has the right mentality. just needs to stay healthy.i think Bray is their guy if they dont go QB at 8, although i also think they are high on Barkley

NOT THE DUDE...
04-24-2013, 02:08 PM
He is better than Losman. We don't have to speculate on whether Losman can be a backup, the verdict of 32 teams is in.

no hes not, i dont even think nassib will be drafted on the 1st 2 days

sukie
04-24-2013, 02:12 PM
I think they sould either trade back into round 2 or just wait until 3rd and pick a QB that way if the Bills blow and that pick blows... you can have a go at a higher pick QB next season... or wait till 3rd and try again... Rinse and repeat until a QB stud is had.

justasportsfan
04-24-2013, 02:35 PM
bills go bpa and will draft Matt Scott in the 4th

Mski
04-24-2013, 02:50 PM
bills go bpa and will draft Matt Scott in the 4th

isnt he the goon on the sabres :smh:

DraftBoy
04-24-2013, 03:21 PM
Does it really matter what they report? You should know better than most that this kind of rumor is not to be taken seriously. It almost certainly is not based on anything more than conjecture. If I had to bet right now Nassib will not be drafted in the first round.

Normally if it was just PFT I'd agree, but as I said before this has been reported by multiple other people who present good info.

Bill Cody
04-24-2013, 03:47 PM
Normally if it was just PFT I'd agree, but as I said before this has been reported by multiple other people who present good info.

lol