• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Bills nervous Jets will snag Nassib, may pick him at 8

If Bills coach Doug Marrone loves his old Syracuse quarterback Ryan Nassib as much as everyone says, then it would make sense for Buffalo to pick Nassib with the No. 8 overall pick in the draft. But no one else seems to love Nassib as much as Marrone does, which might suggest that the Bills could trade down from No. 8 and get Nassib late in the first round, or even take Nassib with their second-round pick.

The problem, however, is that the Bills are worried that a team in their own division may quietly love Nassib just as much as they do.
    If Bills coach Doug Marrone loves his old Syracuse quarterback Ryan Nassib as much as everyone says, then it would make sense for Buffalo to pick Nassib with the No. 8 overall pick in the draft.
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills nervous Jets will snag Nassib, may pick him at 8

Does Marrone really love Nassib as much as people say he does? I think there's a lot of assuming going on.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

wait! According to this thread with this title "Re: Rumor: Bills to spook the Jets to move up in the draft " says it's the other way.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

I'd be highly surprised if the Jets take a QB with the 16 or so million they have tied up in Sanchize.

But it's the Jets so things they do don't really surprise me anymore.

Comment

• gebobs
          One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
          • Sep 2003

Getting_Played_.jpg
          Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
            Legendary Zoner
            • May 2009

I must have missed the press conference in which the Bills came out and said they're worried about the Jets taking Nassib. This article is complete horse****.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
              Legendary Zoner
              • May 2009

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
              I'd be highly surprised if the Jets take a QB with the 16 or so million they have tied up in Sanchize.

But it's the Jets so things they do don't really surprise me anymore.
              Sanchez will be cut next year without any penalty to the Jets. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they take a QB at 13 or 39.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                Sanchez will be cut next year without any penalty to the Jets. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they take a QB at 13 or 39.
                Weak QB class this year without question, next year is supposed to be stronger.

You're stuck with Sanchize so you sink or swim with him for a year, imo.

If you do well, then you resign him at an obviously much lower pay rate. If you do poorly, you're in position to draft a better QB next year and have him completely off the books.

Personally, I'd use those picks to try and put players around him to succeed as this is a win now league and as I said, they're kind of stuck with him for the year behind center.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

For the moment it's all just rumor and conjecture.

But, given how this org has acted in the past, it wouldn't shock me to see the Jets play them into reaching for Nassib, especially if Smith is off the board. It sounds a lot like how we ended up with Whitner,
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • May 2009

pkrjones says: Apr 24, 2013 10:32 AM Bills getting Jets to blow a high round pick on Nassib, while plotting to grab Landry Jones with their 3rd rounder… strengthen your own team while helping trash a division rival ~ beautifully played, Buffalo.

This is one of the comments on the bottom. I never really thought about the Bills not even considering Nassib and that it all could be a smokescreen.

Comment

• Mski
                      • Mar 2006

with the Jets now have two early #1's I still dont think they'll take a QB with either... they have a chance to pick up two big time playmakers, on a team thats almost as void of them as the Bills
                      RIP Tommy D!
                      12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• PTI
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2011

There is no chance the Jets take a QB in round 1, the Bills better not be spooked by the Jets.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

There are multiple people who are reporting this, not just PFT for the record.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• PTI
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2011

So, to me, if the Jets take a QB, that means they are tied to Ryan for 3 more years. I don't think they will. I don't see how than can.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • May 2009

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                              There are multiple people who are reporting this, not just PFT for the record.
                              Reporting a rumor two days before the draft is horse****.

Comment

Working...
                              X