PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Bills set to trade 2nd round pick for SF's 31st pick

Skooby
04-24-2013, 11:25 AM
I just got a interesting call, the Bills have a plan to trade back into the first for SF's pick. The plan is to swap SF's 31st pick with Buffalo 2nd round pick & a 3rd rounder next season. This will allow Buffalo to move ahead of the Jags in the second round & choose an impact player TBD (Barkley or Nassib ?).

This also tells me that Nassib is not a sure pick at #8, so we might go with Tavon first then one of the 2 QB's that the Bills have as NFL starters on their board.

Go Bills!!

Bone
04-24-2013, 11:27 AM
Who called you?

ParanoidAndroid
04-24-2013, 11:28 AM
It's going to take more than a 3rd next year to move back into the 1st.

malvado78
04-24-2013, 11:29 AM
Who called you?

I bet it was Nix thinking he was talking to Trent Baalke...

justasportsfan
04-24-2013, 11:30 AM
If this does not happen I am all for banning you from starting any threads.

Wait for poll.

BillsU
04-24-2013, 11:30 AM

exactly. not buying this.

malvado78
04-24-2013, 11:31 AM
exactly. not buying this.

But but someone called him!!!

BertSquirtgum
04-24-2013, 11:32 AM
This was reported on BBMB about a week ago.

clumping platelets
04-24-2013, 11:33 AM
#31 for #41 and 3rd next yr is appropriate...if true, I'd ask SF for a 7th as well

T-Long
So wait, they get a 2nd and a 3rd, for a first? They already have 13 or some picks, now they get even more? That team doesn't need to be trading back, they have the ammo to trade up. I just don't get the logic

Bone
What was MMD's first username?

Skooby
04-24-2013, 11:35 AM

Last pick in the 3rd round is worth 120, it looks like 120 to move up from our 2nd round spot to SF's 31st pick.

BertSquirtgum

Skooby

malvado78

I am beginning to think PatMoran...

Skooby
So wait, they get a 2nd and a 3rd, for a first? They already have 13 or some picks, now they get even more? That team doesn't need to be trading back, they have the ammo to trade up. I just don't get the logic

The 3rd is for next years draft.

justasportsfan
04-24-2013, 11:36 AM
I am beginning to think PatMoran...

Pat was the one that called him.

Pinkerton Security
04-24-2013, 11:42 AM
I also just got an interesting call, my uncle David is having diarrhea from too much fried chicken.

Both of the interesting calls in this thread are fictional.

Novacane
04-24-2013, 11:42 AM
Craving attention today?

The King
04-24-2013, 11:49 AM

I'm with you. It's a pipe dream.

OpIv37
04-24-2013, 11:52 AM

SF has the 2nd to last pick- they're 31. They are only moving back 10 picks if this is true. A 3rd next year is a fair trade.

Plus, SF has an absurd amount of picks in this draft so they should clean up with or without this potential trade. They don't need or want any more picks this year.

Pinkerton Security
04-24-2013, 11:53 AM
To actually post something pertaining to the thread, I do not like the strategy of trading a 1st for a 2nd and 3rd...even in a weak draft, whats the point? If we were more adept at drafting prospects in the 2nd and 3rd rounds maybe I'd be more inclined to like that strategy.

OpIv37
04-24-2013, 11:55 AM
Oh, and if there is any truth to this, I assume it means Buffalo has 1 or 2 guys in mind and the trade would be contingent on them still being on the board at 31.

Still, this has a Posluzny/James Hardy feel to it.

BertSquirtgum
04-24-2013, 11:57 AM
EJ Manuel at 31. I like it.

Skooby
04-24-2013, 11:59 AM
EJ Manuel at 31. I like it.

There's actually a good chance he's there then as well.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-24-2013, 12:05 PM
i doubt they make trades.

i would take the qb, but the bills will probably take austin or mingo and then settle on bray or jones at 41

The Jokeman
04-24-2013, 12:05 PM
I just got a interesting call, the Bills have a plan to trade back into the first for SF's pick. The plan is to swap SF's 31st pick with Buffalo 2nd round pick & a 3rd rounder next season. This will allow Buffalo to move ahead of the Jags in the second round & choose an impact player TBD (Barkley or Nassib ?).

This also tells me that Nassib is not a sure pick at #8, so we might go with Tavon first then one of the 2 QB's that the Bills have as NFL starters on their board.

Go Bills!!
And what else are we giving back? I don't see the 49ers letting us move up without giving something back. I mean a few years ago it cost us a 2nd and 3rd to move up for McCargo. To get JP we gave up a 2nd, 5th and a 1st the following year. Honestly if the Bills are enamored with three QBs as it sounds I say trade down from pick 8 to the middle of the draft and we should be able to come away with one of them and get more picks later that we can use on other needs.

DraftBoy
04-24-2013, 12:08 PM
Last pick in the 3rd round is worth 120, it looks like 120 to move up from our 2nd round spot to SF's 31st pick.

No its not.

Dude
04-24-2013, 12:15 PM

Go Bills!!
My guess is whoever is calling you knows you will go blab it all over Bills message boards, thus setting in motion the grand smokescreen plan.

Jaybird
04-24-2013, 12:17 PM
Niners will use the picks to trade up not down.... You sure it wasn't verizon calling you regarding late payment?

Skooby
04-24-2013, 12:26 PM
No its not.

What's the range of the 3rd rounders point wise ?? Anotherwards, try to be informative instead of brief.

ct bills fan
04-24-2013, 12:33 PM
if you're going to make something up, make it make sense for both teams. Makes no sense at all for SF to make this trade.

DraftBoy
04-24-2013, 12:52 PM
What's the range of the 3rd rounders point wise ?? Anotherwards, try to be informative instead of brief.

There is not one, the point chart system is no longer valid due to CBA changes in the rookie salary cap scale.

trapezeus
04-24-2013, 12:59 PM
makes no sense at this point, because the bills have to wait out the jets twice to see if their guy is there. to do this now before a single pick comes off the board is a ridiculous risk.

so totally plausible by the bills.

but even in all my negativity, i still don't think the bills are dumb enough to do this until the 9ers are on the clock.

Skooby
04-24-2013, 01:03 PM
There is not one, the point chart system is no longer valid due to CBA changes in the rookie salary cap scale.

Well then how did you determine your "No it's not" statement ? Please inform us.

sukie
04-24-2013, 01:03 PM
I don't see an upside to trading back in. There isn't THAT much difference in whom they would want at QB and options B & C should they wait till the second. I could see them maybe trading down in the second if the QB tree hasn't been shaken to much by then.

DraftBoy
04-24-2013, 01:04 PM
Well then how did you determine your "No it's not" statement ? Please inform us.

Well when you base a statement on an item or chart that is not actually valid then the statement you're making is not true so that's why I said "No it's not" because it isn't.

Skooby
04-24-2013, 01:07 PM
Well when you base a statement on an item or chart that is not actually valid then the statement you're making is not true so that's why I said "No it's not" because it isn't.

It's a guide that's probably not that far off. Yours is an opinion, which is cool & I respect.

Joe Fo Sho
04-24-2013, 02:07 PM
It's a guide that's probably not that far off. Yours is an opinion, which is cool & I respect.

Here's a fun thing to try.

Use your chart and do the math for last years draft trades. See if they are far off or not. I'm going to guess the chart will no longer be accurate.

Here's a link I found, but am far too lazy to do the actual work.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7854788/trade-tracker

DraftBoy
04-24-2013, 03:23 PM

No it "was" a guide, mine is not opinion nobody considers that chart valid any longer.

psubills62
04-24-2013, 03:52 PM
Oh good, so then we'll be down to only 6 picks next year too.

Mouldsie
04-24-2013, 03:56 PM
Makes no sense for either team.... now SF moving up to 8 makes sense to me

Skooby
04-24-2013, 04:25 PM
I watched Peter King a little while ago say the Bills are now in talks to move back into the first round, he just reported that.

Mr. Miyagi
04-24-2013, 04:33 PM
Who called you?
A little ****** birdie.

It's hilarious that total nobodys on this site claim to have inside information. Really? This stuff is like total state secret. Nobody including direct employees at OBD even have this information, other than Nix and a few of the very high up front office people.

If you believe one of those people will call someone named "MitchMurrayDowntown" to spill the beans so that he could post it on a message board, I've got cheap ocean front properties in Iowa to sell you.

Skooby
04-24-2013, 04:36 PM
A little ****** birdie.

It's hilarious that total nobodys on this site claim to have inside information. Really? This stuff is like total state secret. Nobody including direct employees at OBD even have this information, other than Nix and a few of the very high up front office people.

If you believe one of those people will call someone named "MitchMurrayDowntown" to spill the beans so that he could post it on a message board, I've got cheap ocean front properties in Iowa to sell you.

How many feet on the water & how much ?

Skooby
04-25-2013, 08:16 AM
Makes no sense for either team.... now SF moving up to 8 makes sense to me

There's also a chance that Byrd goes to San Fran for their #31 / #34 picks, which assures them a great player.

Mahdi
04-25-2013, 08:21 AM
There's also a chance that Byrd goes to San Fran for their #31 / #34 picks, which assures them a great player.

That would be a crazy good deal for the Bills. Austin or Eifert at 8. Barkley at 31 and Cyprien at 34

Maybe if you divulge the nature of your source we could take it more seriously. You don't have to say the name, but maybe describe the communication line....

But just saying you got a call doesn't really help.

jamze132
04-25-2013, 08:25 AM
Oh, and if there is any truth to this, I assume it means Buffalo has 1 or 2 guys in mind and the trade would be contingent on them still being on the board at 31.

Still, this has a Posluzny/James Hardy feel to it.

It's got more of a McCargo feel to it...

stuckincincy
04-25-2013, 08:25 AM

Byrd's franchised at 6.9 million. And SF would have to relinquish two first round picks to BUF. I doubt it...

jamze132
04-25-2013, 08:26 AM

I vote for a ban when none of this comes to light.

better days
04-25-2013, 08:30 AM
Byrd's franchised at 6.9 million. And SF would have to relinquish two first round picks to BUF. I doubt it...

It would have to be a TRADE with Buffalo, SF & Byrd ALL agreeing to it. Then the compensation would be whatever the Bills & 49ers agree to.

MidnightVoice
04-25-2013, 08:56 AM
SF has more picks than spaces on its roster. They might well be willing to trade a few picks to move up if they see a must have player

DraftBoy
04-25-2013, 09:11 AM
SF is now looking move into the Top 15 and take a SAF (presumably Vaccarro). All of this appears to have been a figment based on circumstance.

trapezeus
04-25-2013, 09:18 AM
A little ****** birdie.

but apparently, you can call buddy directly and he'll tell you everything over the phone.

justasportsfan
04-25-2013, 09:19 AM
SF is now looking move into the Top 15 and take a SAF (presumably Vaccarro). All of this appears to have been a figment based on circumstance.

and there's the thread starters source.

Bill Cody
04-25-2013, 09:27 AM

This post is an attention whore

Skooby
04-25-2013, 09:29 AM
This post is an attention whore

It's factual.

Mahdi
04-25-2013, 09:37 AM

If SF is trading up im pretty sure it would be for Tavon Austin.

SF has been matching SEA move for move this offseason and you can bet they want an explosive playmaker to rival Harvin.

How perfect would Tavon Austin be in SF's offense? He is basically the missing piece there. Actually I think I'm 100% sure SF wants to trade up for Austin.

Bill Cody
04-25-2013, 09:45 AM
It's factual.

No it isn't. It's mindless speculation that will not happen. Let's see how confident you are: I'll wager my 5835 Zone Bucks against your 2589 Zone Bucks that Byrd is not traded to SF. Are we on?

Skooby
04-25-2013, 10:17 AM
No it isn't. It's mindless speculation that will not happen. Let's see how confident you are: I'll wager my 5835 Zone Bucks against your 2589 Zone Bucks that Byrd is not traded to SF. Are we on?

Where did I say it was going to happen? I'm merely pointing out that teams have been inquiring about Byrd's availability, so he's in play. I'd prefer they'd keep Byrd, unless it's an amazing package we couldn't pass up. One other thing to think about, Byrd being on the team didn't lead us past 6 wins & we haven't changed that much yet.

PS Byrd making San Fran better is factual, that's my point.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-25-2013, 10:20 AM

SF has been matching SEA move for move this offseason and you can bet they want an explosive playmaker to rival Harvin.

How perfect would Tavon Austin be in SF's offense? He is basically the missing piece there. Actually I think I'm 100% sure SF wants to trade up for Austin.

LaMichael James?

Mahdi
04-25-2013, 10:21 AM
LaMichael James?

is a RB.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-25-2013, 10:24 AM
is a RB.

He can be taught to run slants and bubble screens for a lot less than 2 first round picks.

DraftBoy
04-25-2013, 10:25 AM

It is not a move up for Austin.

Mahdi
04-25-2013, 10:29 AM
It is not a move up for Austin.

You sure?

Bill Cody
04-25-2013, 01:16 PM
Where did I say it was going to happen? I'm merely pointing out that teams have been inquiring about Byrd's availability, so he's in play. I'd prefer they'd keep Byrd, unless it's an amazing package we couldn't pass up. One other thing to think about, Byrd being on the team didn't lead us past 6 wins & we haven't changed that much yet.

PS Byrd making San Fran better is factual, that's my point.

Teams kick tires about dozens of scenarios, maybe this specific deal has been discussed, maybe it hasn't, I doubt you know either way. Only a tiny percentage actually happen.

Move along folks, nothing to see here.

Skooby
04-25-2013, 01:19 PM
Teams kick tires about dozens of scenarios, maybe this specific deal has been discussed, maybe it hasn't, I doubt you know either way. Only a tiny percentage actually happen.

Move along folks, nothing to see here.

Nix said his phone is busier than normal, just to be clear.

Dr. Lecter
04-26-2013, 08:00 AM
Hmmmm..... Interesting.