PDA

View Full Version : Mayock Draft Out - Austin at #8, Jordan #9 to Jets

Night Train
04-24-2013, 06:25 PM
I would lose my mind if that became reality.

http://fansided.com/2013/04/24/mike-mayocks-2013-nfl-mock-draft/

BillsFever21
04-24-2013, 06:29 PM
If we passed on Jordan for Austin I would too. Austin could end up being a huge offensive threat but we need a DE/LB like Jordan. We have the WORSE LB core in the league.

Novacane
04-24-2013, 06:30 PM
Smith to the Browns seems to be picking up steam. Heard that somewhere else today. I'd be happy if the first 7 fell that way cause if it did I think we'd be getting calls from teams wanting to move up for Austin, Jordan or Milliner

Lefty2985
04-24-2013, 06:58 PM
I'd be livid if we passed him if he falls to 8

BillsU
04-24-2013, 07:01 PM
Don't like he is not the outside receiver who will have a chance at catching everything thrown his way. Granted he has speed to burn but he's a slot guy/returner.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-24-2013, 07:15 PM
Don't like he is not the outside receiver who will have a chance at catching everything thrown his way. Granted he has speed to burn but he's a slot guy/returner.

hes 5-9, not 5-6, and his 175-180ish is built well. hes very tough, and played rb a ton in college. he will put on 10lbs in a nfl weight room. hes basically the next barry sanders.

i want a qb, but i cant pass him up. its obvious he alone will give us 14 pts a game.... the matchup nightmare of a healthy kolb, johnson and graham outside, with cj,tavon,and freddy is nuts.

as long as kolb is healthy, and oline is healthy, we will score 400 pts

SquishDaFish
04-24-2013, 07:17 PM
I dont mind Austin but rather Jordan

swiper
04-24-2013, 07:18 PM
hes 5-9, not 5-6, and his 175-180ish is built well. hes very tough, and played rb a ton in college. he will put on 10lbs in a nfl weight room. hes basically the next barry sanders.

i want a qb, but i cant pass him up. its obvious he alone will give us 14 pts a game.... the matchup nightmare of a healthy kolb, johnson and graham outside, with cj,tavon,and freddy is nuts.

I've seen him listed at 5' 8" and 5' 9" - either way he's too small. We already have TJ Graham. And the Bills are telegraphing that he's poised to break out. Whatever that may mean. IDK that they'd be hyping Graham like they are if they were poised to take another little receiver.

BillsU
04-24-2013, 07:18 PM
hes 5-9, not 5-6, and his 175-180ish is built well. hes very tough, and played rb a ton in college. he will put on 10lbs in a nfl weight room. hes basically the next barry sanders. i want a qb, but i cant pass him up. its obvious he alone will give us 14 pts a game.... the matchup nightmare of a healthy kolb, johnson and graham outside, with cj,tavon,and freddy is nuts. as long as kolb is healthy, and oline is healthy, we will score 400 pts He's 5-8. I just don't see the Bills taking him after what they have said about the kind of big WR who can go up and catch it. In general these small speedy guys don't last long in the NFL.

Johnny Bugmenot
04-24-2013, 07:33 PM

Good God, another running back? As if the Bills don't have enough of those already!

pmoon6
04-24-2013, 07:37 PM
Sounds like Roscoe Parrish.

BertSquirtgum
04-24-2013, 07:46 PM
Tavon Austin is not even close to comparable to Roscoe P Coltrain besides in height. He's never been hurt and actually has the stats to go with the draft rank.

cookie G
04-24-2013, 07:51 PM
For those who never have seen him....

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/T3_UNFZHSQU?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A creative coordinator could have fun with him and Spiller.

pmoon6
04-24-2013, 07:52 PM
Tavon Austin is not even close to comparable to Roscoe P Coltrain besides in height. He's never been hurt and actually has the stats to go with the draft rank.Whatever. You want another smallish slot receiver (we drafted one last year) as opposed a bigger guy who can play on the outside?

Novacane
04-24-2013, 07:54 PM

There isn't a WR in the game that gives his team 14 points a game

Pinkerton Security
04-24-2013, 07:58 PM
Whatever. You want another smallish slot receiver (we drafted one last year) as opposed a bigger guy who can play on the outside?

What are your thoughts on Desean Jackson? Because most experts agree Austin is a more complete and better version of Desean.

Also, he's probably in the minority, but Welker is a "smallish slot receiver", and wouldnt you want him? I just want a guy at #8 who can ball, not necessarily Austin, but someone who can ball. And from what I've seen, Austin is the real deal.

- - - Updated - - -

There isn't a WR in the game that gives his team 14 points a game

HAha there are very few players in the history of the NFL who give their teams 14 points a game.

BertSquirtgum
04-24-2013, 07:59 PM
Whatever. You want another smallish slot receiver (we drafted one last year) as opposed a bigger guy who can play on the outside?

Not really but wouldn't be upset if the Bills take him. Him and Spiller would be ridiculous match ups for opposing defenses. I want Jarvis Jones or Dion Jordan if they don't draft a quarterback at 8, if they fall.

BidsJr
04-24-2013, 08:09 PM

Basically the next Barry Sanders? Next time don't post.

Scumbag College
If Jordan and Austin are both there at 8 there are going to be a few teams calling the Bills trying to trade up. I think in this scenario the Jets will take whomever wasn't taken at 8- either Jordan or Austin.

pmoon6
What are your thoughts on Desean Jackson? Because most experts agree Austin is a more complete and better version of Desean.

Also, he's probably in the minority, but Welker is a "smallish slot receiver", and wouldnt you want him? I just want a guy at #8 who can ball, not necessarily Austin, but someone who can ball. And from what I've seen, Austin is the real deal.

- - - Updated - - -

HAha there are very few players in the history of the NFL who give their teams 14 points a game.I would like a big physical outside receiver like Patterson, but you're right, if he is as good as billed, take him. I just don't want to see flashes of brilliance and then have him out for periods of time.

Mahdi
04-24-2013, 08:17 PM
Jordan is a very raw prospect IMO.

Got speed for sure, but very lean and not much in terms of production in college. He was asked to do a lot in terms of coverage which took away from his pass rush opportunities but that just makes things questionable in terms of how good he is as a rusher. And if you are drafting him top 10, he better be a good rusher.

I wouldn't take Jordan over Austin myself. All this talk about big and small WRs. A big WR poses a match up problem for sure but a WR like Austin also poses a match up problem in various other ways.

Welker is just as hard to defend as Calvin Johnson, and going by receptions, Welker is even tougher to defend.

If the Bills are sure they are going to lose Byrd next year they should trade him now to the 49ers for their first round pick.

Draft Austin at 8, Barkley at 31 and Stedman Bailey or Robert Woods at 41.

pmoon6
04-24-2013, 08:22 PM
Hey Dogg, I have the perfect nickname for our WR corps should we draft Austin. "The Smurfs"

...Oh wait.

Pinkerton Security
04-24-2013, 08:50 PM
Hey Dogg, I have the perfect nickname for our WR corps should we draft Austin. "The Smurfs"

...Oh wait.

I prefer Pink.

I get the knock on Austin's size, but Stevie is 6'2", Graham is 5'11"...yes I'd love to add a big physical receiver but our WR corps is far from tiny.

DraftBoy
04-24-2013, 08:51 PM
I think Mayock got the two players right but I think the order is flipped.

kingJofNYC
04-24-2013, 09:16 PM
Austin may never get double digit touchdown receptions, but he's pretty intriguing. In the right hands he can be absolutely deadly, or it can blow up in your face if you don't put him in good situations.

dont compare him to roscoe though, he's so much better than him, stronger too.

Saratoga Slim
04-24-2013, 09:17 PM
Sounds like Roscoe Parrish.
You know, that's an interesting comparison. Think Austin is sturdier though.

better days
04-24-2013, 09:44 PM

BS, a 170 lb guy will not last an entire season without getting HURT in the NFL. How many 170 lb players are STARS in the NFL??????????????????? Maybin 2.0

bosshogg21
04-24-2013, 11:51 PM
Reminds more of Steve smith. I'd much rather have Jordan though if he falls. He is a terror.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-25-2013, 01:37 AM
BS, a 170 lb guy will not last an entire season without getting HURT in the NFL. How many 170 lb players are STARS in the NFL??????????????????? Maybin 2.0

well, hes 175, and has the build to put on 10 lbs...

hes also 5-9, not 5-6 or w/e. steve smith, eddie royal, darren sproles, desean jackson, barry sanders have played a ton, and stay healthy.

he never missed a game in hs or wva, or practice.......

warrick dunn too...

some guys are " small" but have a certain build.

for me, hes barry sanders.... so... its him or wardaddy/mingo if they pass on qb rd 1.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-25-2013, 01:40 AM
i think austin should get about 20 total touches a game, with him cj, and stevie being the bulk of the o

- - - Updated - - -

knowing nix though, i feel in my heart its going to be qb or warmack

kishoph
04-25-2013, 05:34 AM

He gave them 14 points in 2 games, 1 of them against Baylor in a 70 to 63 game. There's no doubt that's he's exciting, but he's a WR, he's not as an important part of the offense as a QB. The Bills have never used their 1st pick in the draft on a QB and it's probably the biggest reason they haven't seen the playoffs in more than a decade. It's time to change that.

X-Era
04-25-2013, 05:55 AM
I would lose my mind if that became reality.

http://fansided.com/2013/04/24/mike-mayocks-2013-nfl-mock-draft/
If we took Austin the first thing I would wonder is if we are trying to trigger a trade... Like the Chargers taking Eli.

X-Era
04-25-2013, 05:56 AM
I think Mayock got the two players right but I think the order is flipped.I really see Jordan going in the top 7 or even 5 picks. If he fell to us at 8 I'd have no issue with taking him. But I do think we would still take a QB.

coastal
04-25-2013, 06:19 AM
Yeah... Some 170 pound dude is exactly what this franchise needs. ******s.

and Dion Jordan blows. He will never stand up at the point with his little girl Maybin hips.

DraftBoy
04-25-2013, 06:29 AM
Yeah... Some 170 pound dude is exactly what this franchise needs. ******s.

and Dion Jordan blows. He will never stand up at the point with his little girl Maybin hips.

He stood up over 70% of the snaps at Oregon, did you even watch them play?

Mahdi
04-25-2013, 06:33 AM

After 10 years in the league Welker is 185. Austin will naturally get thicker and probably put on about 10 pounds which will make him 185 as well.

Santana Moss is also 189 pounds. Darren Sproles who plays RB is 190 pounds.

So enough already about how smaller guys will get injured easier. The fact is, these small guys have superior short area quickness to the rest of the players and that makes them harder to locate and hit. And even when you do hit them, the fact that their lighter reduces the force of impact.

The other factor is that the target being smaller means you can't square them up as easy in order to get that big hit.

Sorry but your conclusions are false and smaller, quicker players are going to be the new trend in the new NFL.

Mahdi
04-25-2013, 06:35 AM

I like Dion Jordan, I think he has serious potential, but he will have to get stronger. He is kind of like a JPP type prospect.

pmoon6
04-25-2013, 06:36 AM

hes also 5-9, not 5-6 or w/e. steve smith, eddie royal, darren sproles, desean jackson, barry sanders have played a ton, and stay healthy.

warrick dunn too...

for me, hes barry sanders.... so... its him or wardaddy/mingo if they pass on qb rd 1.You think he's going to put on 10 pounds of rip before training camp? Maybe before next years camp. Pretty hard to do, at least naturally.

soapman
04-25-2013, 06:38 AM
He gave them 14 points in 2 games, 1 of them against Baylor in a 70 to 63 game. There's no doubt that's he's exciting, but he's a WR, he's not as an important part of the offense as a QB. The Bills have never used their 1st pick in the draft on a QB and it's probably the biggest reason they haven't seen the playoffs in more than a decade. It's time to change that.

Wasn't JP a 1st round pick?

ublinkwescore
04-25-2013, 06:41 AM
You guys know Wes welker is a slot guy right? A weapon is a weapon - no matter where they line up.

soapman
04-25-2013, 06:42 AM
You think he's going to put on 10 pounds of rip before training camp? Maybe before next years camp. Pretty hard to do, at least naturally.

I don't think it matters if its put on naturally...

ublinkwescore
04-25-2013, 06:43 AM
Want Jim Kelly a 1st pick?

pmoon6
04-25-2013, 06:49 AM
I don't think it matters if its put on naturally...Doesn't matter to me, he still has to do the hard work, just increased returns.

coastal
04-25-2013, 06:54 AM
Mixing definitions me thinks...

stand up - not getting blown off the line or swallowed up by a offensive linemen.

DraftBoy
04-25-2013, 08:31 AM
Mixing definitions me thinks...

stand up - not getting blown off the line or swallowed up by a offensive linemen.

Ah not really sure how anybody could infer that based on the context but thanks for clarifying.

- - - Updated - - -

I like Dion Jordan, I think he has serious potential, but he will have to get stronger. He is kind of like a JPP type prospect.

Absolutely agreed.

better days
04-25-2013, 08:42 AM

warrick dunn too...

for me, hes barry sanders.... so... its him or wardaddy/mingo if they pass on qb rd 1.

You make a good case for Austin.

I still think he would need to add at least 10 to 15 lbs, But I have to agree Dunn & Sanders were both amazing & NEVER got injured.

pmoon6
04-25-2013, 08:43 AM
After thinking about this, I guess it doesn't matter anymore about size or physicality for WRs. They can't be touched after 5 yards and safeties hesitate to lay the lumber or they'll get fined and penalized. As long as the guy has speed and can get off the line, he's OK.

ParanoidAndroid
04-25-2013, 09:07 AM
The Bills have never used their 1st pick in the draft on a QB and it's probably the biggest reason they haven't seen the playoffs in more than a decade. It's time to change that.

This is correct. Kelly and Losman were both picked in years when the Bills picked twice in the first round and neither of them was the first pick.

- - - Updated - - -

Austin or Jordan? I don't want either of these guys.

justasportsfan
04-25-2013, 11:21 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000163272/article/tavon-austin-ranks-no-1-on-buffalo-bills-draft-board

kishoph
04-25-2013, 12:03 PM
Wasn't JP a 1st round pick?

Losman (22) was a 1st round pick, but we took Lee Evans (13) with our 1st pick and Jim Kelly (14) was picked 2 picks after Tony Hunter (12). THe Bills are the only team in the NFL to never use their top pick on a QB.

Meathead
04-25-2013, 12:04 PM
We have the WORSE LB core in the league.

yes but our LB corpse is the best in the league

stuckincincy
04-25-2013, 12:58 PM
Losman (22) was a 1st round pick, but we took Lee Evans (13) with our 1st pick and Jim Kelly (14) was picked 2 picks after Tony Hunter (12). THe Bills are the only team in the NFL to never use their top pick on a QB.

53 years and counting...that's an amazing fact. Then they grabbed Roscoe as their top pick following the Loseman deal.