X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ELAYAS
    • Sep 2008

What if...

...we don't take any QB's in this draft?

How would you feel about it?
    For the sake of this evaluation, let's say we pick Dion Jordan in the first (he is available on Mayock's and DraftBoy's mock drafts) and the best available WR in the second (this one is trickier, I don't know who, but going by the 2 mocks mentioned before, I think could be any of the following: DeAndre Hopkins, Keenan Allen, Cordarelle Patterson, Justin Hunter, Robert Woods, depending on how the top of the second round falls and I seriously have no idea).

Also, what do you think are the odds of that (taking no QB's) happening?

• Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: What if...

zero chance imo.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
      Legendary Zoner
      • May 2009

100% not happening.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
        • Jun 2024

Then I would suggest that Buddy Nix be kicked in his sagging ballsack, but clearly he has no balls and that is why he has not found a QB in his time in Buffalo.

Buddy just retire.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
          Pinkerton's son
          • Feb 2006

I'm honestly fine with no QB this draft, but only if we get a rock-solid guy at #8. We arent gonna be great whether we get a QB at 8 or not, so I'd rather go with the best player available.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
            Pinkerton's son
            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
            Then I would suggest that Buddy Nix be kicked in his sagging ballsack, but clearly he has no balls and that is why he has not found one in his time in Buffalo.

Buddy just retire.
            I know this goes back to the same old argument of "If we never draft a QB we will never get a good one", but WHAT IF none of the QB's in this draft pan out? This is a bad year for the draft so why take one just for the sake of taking one?

For the record I would like to take either Smith, Barkley, Nassib or Manuel (ranging from Rounds 1 to 3) but if they dont feel any of these QBs are going to succeed, I'm going to have to defer to their opinion.
            Last edited by Pinkerton Security; 04-24-2013, 07:54 PM.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Why not give Kolb every chance to succeed? Build up the OL and weapons.......draft a QB if it makes sense (i.e. Barkley at #41 is an example) but do not force a QB selection....this is why I want Warmack at #8

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pinkdogg32 View Post
                I know this goes back to the same old argument of "If we never draft a QB we will never get a good one", but WHAT IF none of the QB's in this draft pan out? This is a bad year for the draft so why take one just for the sake of taking one?

For the record I would like to take either Smith, Barkley, Nassib or Manuel (ranging from Rounds 1 to 3) but if they dont feel any of these QBs are going to succeed, I'm going to have to defer to their opinion.

Nix has already said he thinks there are 2 or 3 QB that could be franchise QB.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                  Pinkerton's son
                  • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                  Nix has already said he thinks there are 2 or 3 QB that could be franchise QB.
                  That doesnt mean he's willing to take one at our given picks, or that they are available at a reasonable spot when our pick is up

Comment

• Novacane
                    • Jul 2002

That doesnt mean he's willing to take one at our given picks, or that they are available at a reasonable spot when our pick is up

A franchise QB is worth #8. He either lied or is taking a QB at 8 imo.

Comment

• ELAYAS
                      • Sep 2008

Could be Warmack too in the first. Then I guess we would go a combination of WR/LB/TE with the next two picks.

I went with Jordan because it's draft's eve and suddenly he's slipping to #8, plus I have a "feeling" we won't invest picks on the OL this draft.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • May 2009

Originally posted by clumping platelets View Post
                        Why not give Kolb every chance to succeed? Build up the OL and weapons.......draft a QB if it makes sense (i.e. Barkley at #41 is an example) but do not force a QB selection....this is why I want Warmack at #8
                        Warmack may not be ready by training camp. No thanks.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                          Warmack may not be ready by training camp. No thanks.
                          Not heard any problems about Warmack............Milliner may not be ready for TC

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                            Hall of Fame Zoner
                            • Jan 2010

I know this goes back to the same old argument of "If we never draft a QB we will never get a good one",
                            but WHAT IF none of the QB's in this draft pan out?
                            This is a bad year for the draft so why take one just for the sake of taking one?

qbs are the hardest position to evaluate, hell i remeber people saying leaf would be awesome and manning would bust.... this argument comes with the presupposition that all qbs will fail. with the way the nfl is, and the complete toss up as to which of these qbs will pan out, you almost have to take one, every year in the 1st 3 rnds if you dont have a franchise qb..... even if you have brady, you should take a qb every 2-3 years late in the draft, the postion is that important.... i dont even understand how one could say this.

at an absolute minimum, we need to take a qb rd 2... i mean wtf
                            Last edited by NOT THE DUDE...; 04-24-2013, 08:42 PM.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                              Hall of Fame Zoner
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by clumping platelets View Post
                              i see the warmack pick, possibly the next will shields, and giving us dominant early 90s oline. but we must take a qb rd 2.

personally, i want geno, barkley or ej

i really want barkley or ej at 8

Comment

Working...
                              X