PDA

View Full Version : A Mock (Purely Imaginative)

Mouldsie
04-25-2013, 03:43 AM
Ok, This is going to be more of a "this is what I would do if I was the GM of each team" so it gets interesting real quick. I used extreme bias where the Bills were concerned favoring my desire for them when possible... I will follow up with more of a prediction mock later today perhaps.

1) KC - Eric Fisher OT ...now I really wanted to take a position other than LT but OT is a need even with Albert and the reason I wanted to avoid a LT is because I think the position is a little overrated.... so basically I agree with not paying Albert ridiculous money and letting another team trade for him and trying to take advantage of the depth of the draft... and he might be the BPA. I want to trade but nobody wants the pick. Oh well.

2) Jax - Sheldon Richardson DT ...I'm not in love with the OT position as a premier impact position (Joe Thomas has really elevated Cle right?) and I am not enamored with Joeckle. I believe pass protection is critical but it is more of a group and team effort. I love DL however. I considered Floyd and Ansah here as well but I like Richardson over Floyd and Ansah's tape is pretty tough to swallow for the 2nd overall pick. I was not enamored with the QB's enough to take one here either but it is certainly a need. I figure my team will be bad again and I can get one next year. Jags have a decent LT they need more help inside anyway. A trade down would be optimal but as GM of the other 31 teams I am not interested in moving up right now.

3) AZ - Luke Joeckle OT ...I'm nervous about missing out on an OT which is a major need for this particular team so I call Oaklands GM and they are very eager to move down for an extra pick. It was actually pretty cheap because Oakland has many needs and many similarly graded players in the top 7. All it took was a 5th round pick and they get an OT instead of risking taking a OG which has slightly less value in that division especially.

4) Phi - Lane Johnson OT ...I'm looking like a hypocrite right now as I just stated my dislike for over-valuing OT however they do grade high this year and I have a questionable RT, a LT who injured his achilles twice, and want to run an up tempo offense which Johnson fits very well with LJ's elite athleticism.

5) Det - Ziggy Ansah DE ...No brainer. Best physical ability left on the board and he showed he was a natural fit in their wide 9 scheme at the Senior Bowl. I hate Reilly Reiff though so OT will be targeted along with CB in the next round

6) Cle - Dion Jordan OLB ...Fills out the front 7 of their new 3-4 Defense very nicely.

7) Oak - Sharrif FLoyd DT ...Fills a need, would also look at B. Mingo and Star. I might like Star better but I'm kind of going with the crowd here...

8) STL - Tavon Austin WR ....The Bills wouldnt mind taking Austin here but they are not so in love with the idea that they wont consider other options. The Rams think Austin makes a ton of sense in their offense and they have some ammo to make sure the Jets or another team (like Minn or Hou) doesn't jump up. Bills pick up a 1st in 2014 because SF, Minn, and other teams were also in on this and Bufalo insisted on that and the Rams have them. Buf gave up a pick next year too.

9) NYJ - Barkevious Mingo OLB ....The Jets have needed an edge player since Ryan arrived. Losing Revis hurts the defense so they need to get to the QB quicker.

10) Ten - Jonathan Cooper OG/C ....BPA and a need and gets CJ2K going a bit more hopefully.

11) SD - DJ Hayden CB .... I dont like Fluker as a LT and I think I might be able to find a comparable player in round 2... CB is a desperate need as well as OL especailly with Manning in the division and all his weapons. I think Hayden is a stud.

12) Mia - Dee Milliner CB ... I hate the Dolphins plus it sounds like they want Albert so I didnt move up for a LT. I gave them a CB because they have needed one for a long time.

13) NYJ - Chance Warmack OG ... I considered Geno Smith but then realized nobody below me is really needing a QB.... Eifert was a possibility but I dont love him. I like the potential of Stephen Hill and I like Kerley. Holmes is still there. NY was good when they had a dominating OL, so let's get back to that.

14) Car - Star Loutelelei DT ... Obvious pick is obvious. WR is a need as well but we'll go with best available big man.

15) Minn - Cordarrelle Patterson WR ... Rumor has it that SF was trying to move up for CP because they figured he was one of the potential missing pieces to take their team over the top, so Minn had to act as they desperately need a player like him for CP to throw to underneath. SF is lower so NO will take 23 instead of 31. NO was seeking a trade down because they have tons of needs on D + LT. Jennings can show him the ropes until the torch is passed.

16) Atl - Tyler Eifert TE ... Buffalo started fielding calls immediately knowing that Eiffert is coveted by some contenders (Atlanta, SF, Chi, NYG, GB, etc) as well as Vaccaro. SF has the most ammunition but they actually have more holes than we think (S, WR, DL, TE) and aren't willing to move up for this player. Atlanta is going all in with Tony Gonzalez coming back and taking his heir apparent a year in advance. Atlanta needs a CB and DE too but those positions look fairly deep. To move down so far Buffalo picks up a 2014 #1 pick again. Consider it a down payment for one extra year of developing Gonzo's replacement and the potential to create a ridiculous offense w/ S-Jax in town now too in 2 TE sets.

17) Pitt - Xavier Rhodes CB .... I like Worilds enough to go CB instead of OLB and S is deep enough to wait.

18) Dal - Kenny Vaccaro S ....Dallas needs a S and Jerry Jones makes me pick him.

19) NYG - Tank Carradine DE .... Replacing Osi and bolstering position for the future. BPA, tie goes to the position. Bears are upset.

20) Chi - Arthur Brown LB .... Chicago desperately needs a LB and I plan on bringing back Urlacher for a year or two but Brown can play the strongside for now. I'd have rather gone elsewehere but need outweighed talent. I like Brown more than Te'o, slightly.

21) Cin - John Cyprien S ... I'm going to use Andre Smiths lack of a market against him and bring him back, I want a RB but none are worthy of this pick to me. Need pick. STL is upset.

22) STL - DJ Fluker OL .... Help for the OL, can play RT or G. Didn't like the S's enough here. NO is kind of upset.

23) NO - Terron Armstead OT ....Brees is the franchise and I dont want to mess around with that or with waiting on this position since it's starting to thin out and this guy has just as much of a ceiling as anyone. Indy is a bit upset. I like this trend of angering the GM below me.

24) Ind - Marcus Trufant CB ... I have thought for awhile that Indy needs help at CB, OL, and then they created a need at OLB by cutting Freeney... so this pick was really hard to make. I like that they signed DHB he could have a good year with Luck at the helm. I looked at OL Justin Pugh but then I went with the CB. I like that Trufant comes from some good NFL pedigree.

25) Minn - Jesse Williams DL ... Pat Williams, Kevin Williams, Jesse Williams.

26) GB - Menelik Watson OT ... Rodgers needs protection. Good talent. Houston is not thrilled. SD too.

27) Hou - DeAndre Hopkins WR ... Beast. Finally another threat outside to help Andre.

28) Den - Bjoern Werner DE ... BPA and fills a need. NE is not thrilled.

29) NE - Keenan Allen WR ... Coaches rave about him, seems like a NE type player and he can practice with Brady in the offseason in CA.

30) Buf - Justin Hunter WR ... I was just trying to build up picks for next year's QB class and maybe have a chance at Clowney as well. Hunter is a solid get at this point as I believe a lot of his drops were from the fact he was still recovering physically and mentally from his injury in 2011. Greg Cosell thinks he has the most potential in this class. He's a great vertical threat to pair with Stevie; and teamed with Graham Safeties are going to need to back off leaving room for Stevie to work the middle and Spiller to have more running room.

31) SF - Matt Elam S ... Fills the biggest need.

32) Bal - Manti Te'o LB ... Why Not?

More Buffalo Targets:
2) OL Justin Pugh/OL Kyle Long/TE Travis Kelce/QB Nassib
3) Above players and positions plus LB Jon Bostic
4) S Earl Wolff
5) DE/OLB Quanterus Smith
6) WR Charles Johnson
7) CB

Predicted Reaction: WHAT NO QB!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?! (at all or for Buffalo)
Response: I'll see what Kolb does then go with Manziel/Bridewater/Boyd etc or if Nassib makes it to me in round 2 then I'll make that move (idk if he will, I can't predict myself in round 2 for all teams yet)

stuckincincy
04-25-2013, 04:08 AM
Good job! I liked the commentary... :jig:

P.S. Thanks for using the smaller type - makes for an easier read.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-25-2013, 04:45 AM
So are you suggesting that the bills arrange their drafting this year to position themselves fo next years draft?
you do realize that the bills will once again win just enough games to eff up your plans....

swiper
04-25-2013, 04:46 AM
I don't want Pugh.

kishoph
04-25-2013, 05:15 AM
Nice work. What mock draft isn't "Purely Imaginative."
To me it seems most of the time people choose who they want instead of who the team will select.

Mouldsie
04-25-2013, 11:49 AM
So are you suggesting that the bills arrange their drafting this year to position themselves fo next years draft?
you do realize that the bills will once again win just enough games to eff up your plans....
Having 2-3 1st round picks is my attempt at controlling the situation haha

PTI
04-25-2013, 11:56 AM
Unless you are giving a reasonable impression you are trying to win THIS YEAR, you cannot expect to ever really have success and expect to keep the fans engaged early on.

Mouldsie
04-25-2013, 12:13 PM
**** the fans. I'm trying to win a Super Bowl. What about Ryan Nassib says "We are winning this year!" ?

Night Train
04-25-2013, 12:49 PM
I don't want Pugh.

Me either . He looked completely overmatched in the Senior Bowl drills.

swiper
04-26-2013, 04:52 AM
Me either . He looked completely overmatched in the Senior Bowl drills.

Tom Coughlin thought he was good enough. That guy knows.