PDA

View Full Version : Crazy possibility tonight - Bills might end up with 3- 1st round picks

Skooby
04-25-2013, 09:00 AM
Our pick at # 8, We trade Byrd to ATL for their 1st rounder (30) , 2nd / 3rd & We get San Fran to trade their #31st for our 2nd this year & next years 3rd.

Logic behind this - ATL looks to want to draft Desmond Trufant but could have Byrd instead.

San Fran likes stacking picks up, so an extra 3rd next year is not a negative.

Bills can then take 3 - 1st round talent players & try to make an impact.

Albany,n.y.
04-25-2013, 09:06 AM
As long as we use those 3 picks on QBs, I have no problem with this, but if one of them is not a QB, I'll be mad.

trapezeus
04-25-2013, 09:07 AM
if you can't get into the playoffs, trade your picks away so it looks like you made the playoffs. i hate this zero chance of happening scenario. No, i loathe it. for this to happen, thebills need to be getting first round picks this year and next.

justasportsfan
04-25-2013, 09:09 AM
If we trade Byrd than we can use those picks for a safety, Guard and wr since we got rid of Nelson/Jones , Levitre and Byrd :hitself:

MidnightVoice
04-25-2013, 09:11 AM
If we trade Byrd than we can use those picks for a safety, Guard and wr since we got rid of Nelson/Jones , Levitre and Byrd :hitself:

Or for 3 safetys so we can be sure we get one good enough to replace Byrd

trapezeus
04-25-2013, 09:14 AM
well, technically, we can draft 3 CB's early and when they all bust out at that position, we can transition them to safety and say we got a decent safety....that is how people are justifying aaron williams moving over to safety. He's going to suck there too.

Pinkerton Security
04-25-2013, 09:18 AM
Please stop posting every single permutation and possibility.

gonzo1105
04-25-2013, 09:25 AM
He throwing out 50 different things. This way if he gets one of them right he can brag about how awesome he is. I'm sure we'll get another 10 of these by the time 8 rolls around.

Pinkerton Security
04-25-2013, 09:27 AM
He throwing out 50 different things. This way if he gets one of them right he can brag about how awesome he is. I'm sure we'll get another 10 of these by the time 8 rolls around.

guaranteed

Bill Cody
04-25-2013, 09:30 AM
It appears we're going to get a thread about every "crazy possibility" out there. At least the thread is correctly titled. It used to be this site was actually moderated. This type of thread is spam, plain and simple.

Skooby
04-25-2013, 09:31 AM

No not really, it's all in play now & lets see how it goes.

psubills62
04-25-2013, 09:35 AM
Crazy possibility - Bills might actually pick a player at #8.

alnilla
04-25-2013, 09:46 AM
Seriously dude go do something.

justasportsfan
04-25-2013, 09:48 AM
if none of this happens I say we send Skooby to the range.

MidnightVoice
04-25-2013, 09:58 AM
I think all we really know is what Maycock said last night "This is a fat boys draft"

:D

gonzo1105
04-25-2013, 09:59 AM
This site used to be something special but these types of things are ruining this board. When I come on here and see day after day 3 or 4 people overrunning this board with their bull it really turns me away from wanting to even lurk on here.

SeatownBillsFan21
04-25-2013, 10:24 AM
Stop the madness

BertSquirtgum
04-25-2013, 11:16 AM

It's the inevitable circle of life for the Buffalo Bills.

Meathead
04-25-2013, 11:30 AM
if san fran throws in whitner you got a deal

Dude
04-25-2013, 11:35 AM
This site used to be something special but these types of things are ruining this board. When I come on here and see day after day 3 or 4 people overrunning this board with their bull it really turns me away from wanting to even lurk on here.

It appears we're going to get a thread about every "crazy possibility" out there. At least the thread is correctly titled. It used to be this site was actually moderated. This type of thread is spam, plain and simple.We don't moderate stupidity, and we don't make people read every thread. If you know someone posts crap all the time, stop clicking on the thread simply so you can complain about how crappy their posts are.

Dr. Lecter
04-25-2013, 11:44 AM
We don't moderate stupidity, and we don't make people read every thread. If you know someone posts crap all the time, stop clicking on the thread simply so you can complain about how crappy their posts are.

Exactly.

That is why I never read Meathead's, Dude's or DraftBoy's posts.

gonzo1105
04-25-2013, 11:46 AM
We don't moderate stupidity, and we don't make people read every thread. If you know someone posts crap all the time, stop clicking on the thread simply so you can complain about how crappy their posts are.

I agree with you. The problem is the traffic flow and the creation of new threads daily that are cause for good discussion are minimal. This place used to be flooded with smart people who created good conversational threads all the time. Now you have minimal threads being started, by a lot of guys who throw whatever crap can stick to the wall or just trying to rile someone up for the sake of their own amusement. When an informative person does start a thread, those people overrun those threads as well. So that brings me to the point of whats the point of coming on here if the informative threads get ruined and the bad threads overrun it. I'm sure i'm not the only one who thinks like this.

Mr. Pink
04-25-2013, 11:48 AM
None of this is even remotely plausible.

BertSquirtgum
04-25-2013, 11:57 AM
I have everyone but Skooby on ignore.

swiper
04-25-2013, 12:01 PM
Our pick at # 8, We trade Byrd to ATL for their 1st rounder (30) , 2nd / 3rd & We get San Fran to trade their #31st for our 2nd this year & next years 3rd.

Logic behind this - ATL looks to want to draft Desmond Trufant but could have Byrd instead.

McShay was on Mike & Mike this morning. He has Atlanta taking Trufant in his mock apparently. He said, however, that there are at least 4 safeties with first round grades. If Atlanta can't get Trufant they'll take the next guy. It won't cost them any picks.

swiper
04-25-2013, 12:06 PM
We don't moderate stupidity...

Would be almost as great as winning the lottery!

Dude
04-25-2013, 12:15 PM
I agree with you. The problem is the traffic flow and the creation of new threads daily that are cause for good discussion are minimal. This place used to be flooded with smart people who created good conversational threads all the time. Now you have minimal threads being started, by a lot of guys who throw whatever crap can stick to the wall or just trying to rile someone up for the sake of their own amusement. When an informative person does start a thread, those people overrun those threads as well. So that brings me to the point of whats the point of coming on here if the informative threads get ruined and the bad threads overrun it. I'm sure i'm not the only one who thinks like this.The obvious trolling threads are moved to spam. Looking at the first page of the Bills section right now, I'd hardly call it "overrun" by worthless threads. And again, you are not obligated to open every thread. If you see a TOS violation, report it and we will deal with it. But having an opinion, as ridiculous as it may seem, is not a violation of our TOS. In fact, if we were to sit here and monitor every thread and legislate every post, in addition to having no time to do our jobs or have a life outside of the Internet, we'd be accused of being heavy-handed and there would be complaints about overmoderation.

If you don't like the discussion, then isn't it better to take control and start a thread of your own rather than sit back and complain about the threads that other people have taken the initiative to start?

Generalissimus Gibby
04-25-2013, 01:21 PM

Your post is bad and you should feel bad.

Skooby
04-25-2013, 01:23 PM
Your post is bad and you should feel bad.

I feel shame as well.

CoolBreeze
04-25-2013, 03:09 PM
Mitch you're a crazy old man. lol But to be fair we are all Bills fans, so there's a good chance we're all a little nuts so it's cool