PDA

View Full Version : Joeckel..if he falls to #8...

k-oneputt
04-25-2013, 11:16 AM
do the Bills take him ?

I say hell yes.

Bangarang
04-25-2013, 11:17 AM
He won't fall to 8. And no they don't take him if he did.

Nix loves Cordy and isn't going to replace him.

k-oneputt
04-25-2013, 11:23 AM
Move Glen to the right side or even put Joeckel to the right side.

I don't know I'm hearing on the radio all morning it is possible Joeckel falls.

The Bills got that lucky once before with Ngata and still f-ed it up though.

MTBillsFan
04-25-2013, 11:27 AM
That would awesome...I would hope they take him at 8. Maybe the brain trust could get it right finally?

Ginger Vitis
04-25-2013, 11:30 AM
Hell yes

k-oneputt
04-25-2013, 11:30 AM
It's a long shot but it was talked about.

with Jax, Philly, Det, and Ariz are looking for tackles it would be hard to believe but there is talk.

Mski
04-25-2013, 11:46 AM
i really cant see him falling to #8, but if he does:

1. why?
2. if you cant answer 1, take him and move Glenn to guard, Oline fixed

Mr. Pink
04-25-2013, 11:49 AM
No way he falls. We'd be stupid to pass on him if he does though. As would 7 other teams.

DraftBoy
04-25-2013, 11:50 AM
You run as fast you can to the phone to call in the pick. Yes you take him.

gonzo1105
04-25-2013, 11:51 AM
That would awesome...I would hope they take him at 8. Maybe the brain trust could get it right finally?

Uh the Bills 1st round picks have been pretty good. Spiller, Dareus, and Gilmore are all good first round picks. Now if you wanna argue about the mid rounds you have a point.

- - - Updated - - -

Even if the Chiefs dont take him at # 1, Word leaking is the Jags or Raiders will take him at 2 or 3

Pinkerton Security
04-25-2013, 12:17 PM
He won't fall to 8. And no they don't take him if he did.

Nix loves Cordy and isn't going to replace him.

You dont pass on a consensus stud tackle. We would find a spot for him.

Mski
04-25-2013, 12:19 PM
You dont pass on a consensus stud tackle. We would find a spot for him.
we've taken one of those before... worked out pretty poorly... im not trying to compare the two at all, but just because someone is the "consensus stud" doesnt mean he should be the guy.... and i'd like to give the guys at OBD a little credit to not be lemmings

Pinkerton Security
04-25-2013, 12:26 PM
we've taken one of those before... worked out pretty poorly... im not trying to compare the two at all, but just because someone is the "consensus stud" doesnt mean he should be the guy.... and i'd like to give the guys at OBD a little credit to not be lemmings

so your argument is "well what if he isnt good"? You can say the same thing about every other player in the draft, you just have to go after the highest rated players. If they feel hes the best player on the board, which I'd imagine he would be, then you have to take him.

Night Train
04-25-2013, 12:29 PM
You take any of those 3 LT's if they reach #8. I've been posting that since January. Actual talent always trumps perceived talent/potential.

Mski
04-25-2013, 12:33 PM
so your argument is "well what if he isnt good"? You can say the same thing about every other player in the draft, you just have to go after the highest rated players. If they feel hes the best player on the board, which I'd imagine he would be, then you have to take him.
not at all

my argument is{see my first post} i would hope the team would take a moment to consider why this guy has gone from being talked about at #1 overall to still available at 8 when there are pleanty of other teams 1-7 that are in need of a tackle too, but ultimately i would hope they pick him

Mouldsie
04-25-2013, 12:34 PM
Depends on the board

Lexwhat
04-25-2013, 01:10 PM
I find it unlikely that one of the top 3 OTs falls to us at #8... The Chiefs (1), Jags (2), Lions (5) is where I think the LTs go. I believe the only way an OT would fall to us is if the Jags take a QB, but I think they will wait until the 2nd round for that.

Even though everyone thinks the Eagles go Offense with Chip Kelly, but I actually think they go D-Line... At 3 and 4, I believe the Raiders and Eagles go with Sharrif Floyd and Ziggy Ansah, and not necessarily in that order.

At 7, I think the Cardinals go with WR Tavon Austin. He would be a great fit for them with Fitzgerald and Floyd on the outside. Bruce Arians would love it.

My Mock:
1. Chiefs: One of the top 3 OT
2. Jags: One of the top 3 OT
3. Raiders: Floyd or Ansah
4. Eagles: Floyd or Ansah
5. Lions: One of the top 3 OT
6. Browns: QB (Smith?)
7. Cardinals: Tavon Austin
8. Bills: QB or a Defensive player like Dion Jordan, Kenny Vacaro, or maybe even a guy like Jarvis Jones.

gonzo1105
04-25-2013, 02:31 PM
Fisher is going # 1, Joeckel # 2, and the Eagles are taking Lane Johnson at 4

NOT THE DUDE...
04-25-2013, 02:43 PM
no, you trade down and get 3 new picks probably...

fluteflakes
04-25-2013, 02:43 PM
You really think the Cards who's tackles right now are a 7th round pick, and UDFA, and a decrepit Levi Brown wouldn't take the almost consensus #1 OT? Really?

Even if they didn't, someone would trade up for him. But, in this hypothetical where he falls to us, absolutely you do, he's the best player there by a good margin, especially if Fisher is gone.

sudzy
04-25-2013, 02:44 PM
Hell, yeah! Stud left tackle. Glenn is so versatile that you can move him to where ever gets you best five into the starting line up.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-25-2013, 02:50 PM
I can't see a scenario where Joekel falls to us without most of the other players I would want getting taken ahead of us. So sure, I could get behind that.