• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NOT THE DUDE...
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Jan 2010

TEAMS DO NOT TAKE BPA LOL

for the love of christ, if i hear another gm say we are taking bpa, im going to puke.

if you have aaron rodgers, you are not taking a qb with your 1st pick, i dont care how good he is, same if your lt and rt are all pros, you are not taking the lt, even if hes bpa...

teams identify their biggest needs, and then lower needs, and take bpa out of those needs in the 1st 3 rounds...

ugh
  • Joe Fo Sho
    Making Spirits Bright
    • Mar 2006

Re: TEAMS DO NOT TAKE BPA LOL

Are you not getting enough attention in real life?

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by NOT THE DUDE... View Post
      for the love of christ, if i hear another gm say we are taking bpa, im going to puke.

if you have aaron rodgers, you are not taking a qb with your 1st pick, i dont care how good he is, same if your lt and rt are all pros, you are not taking the lt, even if hes bpa...

teams identify their biggest needs, and then lower needs, and take bpa out of those needs in the 1st 3 rounds...

ugh
      Usually true. And I agree.

But it does happen. The Bills took Spiller with Lynch and Jackson already here.

Comment

• ThunderGun
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by X-Era View Post

He must've meant teams who know what they are doing.

Comment

• sukie
          Seriously?
          • Sep 2012

Uh ... Spiller? Bills didn't need a RB yet thought he was BPA at that spot.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
            Peterman Sucks!
            • Mar 2006

So teams don't take bpa but take bpa?

Duh, teams tend to take the best player available at a position of need unless there's a can't miss star available when they pick.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
              Pinkerton's son
              • Feb 2006

The Giants have had one of the deepest D-Lines in the NFL for years and have spent first round picks on DL multiple times, even when the depth was already there. I agree that its not always as simple as drafting the best guy left, but BPA is a strategy many teams use.

Comment

• MidnightVoice
                Retired (mostly)
                • Mar 2003

I am glad that companies do not take the Best Person Available in real life. If our Chief Financial Officer left, and the BPA was an Engineer and they took him, we would be in deep doo-doo

But to play
                that’s the thing
                shut up and deal
                ~ Jesse May

Comment

• Mski
                  • Mar 2006

ugh
                  once you get out of the top 10, sometimes top 5, there term BPA is very subjective, and it very well may mean that the guy your team has rated highest isnt at a position of need, but that often wont stop a team from taking them. havent the patriots taken a QB almost every year, even though they have Brady and Mallett
                  RIP Tommy D!
                  12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                    Hall of Fame Zoner
                    • Jan 2010

Jackson wasnt proven and lynch was close to a full year suspension if he got in trouble again... so it was a lower need

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                      Hall of Fame Zoner
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mski View Post
                      once you get out of the top 10, sometimes top 5, there term BPA is very subjective, and it very well may mean that the guy your team has rated highest isnt at a position of need, but that often wont stop a team from taking them. havent the patriots taken a QB almost every year, even though they have Brady and Mallett
                      brady is older, so a qb in the 3rd rd fits what i said

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by pinkdogg32 View Post
                      The Giants have had one of the deepest D-Lines in the NFL for years and have spent first round picks on DL multiple times, even when the depth was already there. I agree that its not always as simple as drafting the best guy left, but BPA is a strategy many teams use.
                      unless you have 3 all pro des, you can never have enough pass rushers. its usually always a high or low need. for example, buffalo could take a pass rusher....

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                        Pinkerton's son
                        • Feb 2006

brady is older, so a qb in the 3rd rd fits what i said
                        but you ignored the first part of what he said

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                          Hall of Fame Zoner
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by pinkdogg32 View Post
                          but you ignored the first part of what he said
                          i agree with him. im saying 95% of the time, teams take bpa with their needs in mind. not simply bpa...

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

So to be clear, you are telling us teams don't do exactly what they've been doing for years. instead they do what you've said a million times in 10 different threads since monday that they just reach for random players that feel good at the time?

again, i think NOT THE DUDE is either MARCEL DAREUS POWER or RUSS BRANDON

Comment

• malvado78
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                              So to be clear, you are telling us teams don't do exactly what they've been doing for years. instead they do what you've said a million times in 10 different threads since monday that they just reach for random players that feel good at the time?

again, i think NOT THE DUDE is either MARCEL DAREUS POWER or RUSS BRANDON
                              I didn't think there was a question that MARCEL DAREUS POWER changed his screen name to NOT THE DUDE....

What I have been wondering is if NOT THE DUDE and MitchMurrayDowntown are the same person.

I think mods should make a section just for those two to post in all day (and confined to that area as well)...

Comment

Working...
                              X