PDA

View Full Version : What I Hope the Bills Don't Do

SpikedLemonade
04-25-2013, 04:23 PM
(1) Don't Play It Safe

We are not so close to contending that we must make sure we do not make a mistake or get maximum VALUE (I hate that term). We need to swing for the fence if we are ever to get out of this 5-11 and 6-10 ghetto we are in.

(2) Don't Become More Orange

I understand that when your world is so small you look across the fence to the ugly girl in the neighbour's backyard because she is there, but think about why Syracuse is Syracuse and the SEC is the SEC.

(3) Don't Try to Out Smart Other Teams

Who in **** are we to think after all these years that we are smarter than other NFL teams? Enough with being cute. Take risk but for players that have been identified by experts rather than going for the surprise.

(4) Don't Be Too Anxious

Let the QBs come to you. The Jets are NOT going to draft Nassib. That is a lie.

Crisis
04-25-2013, 04:29 PM
Don't trade Byrd unless the return is extremely lopsided in our favor.

BillsFever21
04-25-2013, 04:30 PM
I don't think you have to worry about #3 very much. That's too much thinking for Nix.

SpikedLemonade
04-25-2013, 04:31 PM
Don't trade Byrd unless the return is extremely lopsided in our favor.

I just don't see that happening during the draft.

The Bills are called cheap often enough and if they let their 2 free agents go because they do not want to pay them may be too much for potential season ticket purchasers.

BillsFever21
04-25-2013, 04:49 PM
If we don't trade Byrd then he has no choice but to play here this season unless he wants to lose 6.9 million dollars. Unless we know that we can't keep him and we received a great deal for him that should be the only way they entertain offers for him.

They could always tag him next season for a 2nd time and then trade him to another team if we can't keep him. There's no rush in trading him unless both factors are there.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-25-2013, 05:57 PM
What? Don't play it safe but don't reach? Swing for the fences but don't overdraft a QB?

These seem contradictory.

TacklingDummy
04-25-2013, 06:05 PM
I hope we get an early 1st round pick for Byrd.

Crisis
04-25-2013, 06:27 PM
I hope we get an early 1st round pick for Byrd.

Yes then we can draft a worse safety or runningback with that pick to replace him in true Buffalo Bills style.

OpIv37
04-25-2013, 07:08 PM
When you don't consider value, you end up with Whitners and McKelvins in the first round