PDA

View Full Version : major dissapointment

djjimkelly
04-25-2013, 08:54 PM
we just took a guy that reads half the field.

i pray we take another qb in the 2nd round

Bangarang
04-25-2013, 09:00 PM
Keep praying.

it won't happen

DynaPaul
04-25-2013, 09:00 PM
What a waste of a pick.

kingJofNYC
04-25-2013, 09:01 PM
Not a fan either, think we forced the issue.

TacklingDummy
04-25-2013, 09:05 PM
Terrible pick but Hey that's the Bills.

Night Train
04-25-2013, 09:08 PM
No matter who we picked, this was a lock.

They didn't pick " MY GUY "

BillsFever21
04-25-2013, 09:09 PM
If somebody fell to the 3rd or 4th round I'd jump on another one. What the hell if it was good value. Let the two of them battle it out. I doubt Nassib would be there in the 3rd round but you would have to wonder if they would.

TacklingDummy
04-25-2013, 09:09 PM
ESPN gives the pick a grade of F.

djjimkelly
04-25-2013, 09:10 PM

i didnt have a guy but i had a dont want list

SpikedLemonade
04-25-2013, 09:11 PM

Manuel wants to date your sister.

mrbojanglezs
04-25-2013, 09:11 PM
terrible pick? lol he has the most upside of any qb in this draft and he wasn't going to be there in the 2nd philly wanted to trade up for him

I would rather shoot for the stars for an elite talent than play it safe with a mediocre qb

I am confident that our coaching staff will develop him

Skooby
04-25-2013, 09:13 PM
EJ gets to date T.O.'s Buffalo model now, key to the city haters !!

Mike
04-25-2013, 09:15 PM

Its not about picking 'my guy' but 'that guy'

When the Bills picked Maybin, eveyone wanted Orakpo, some others wanted other players,,,, but please god not Maybin... It was about Maybin, not passing on some other player....

When they picked Spiller, many were against the pick because we already had good RBs and so many other needs, however no one doubted Spiller's talent. We all knew at that time that he had the potential to be a great RB...

With EJ, he could have been had later, much later... He is a prototypical Boom or Bust pick. There were other needs that the Bills could have addressed and still gotten a good QB in the 2nd... afterall all the QBs are falling.

TacklingDummy
04-25-2013, 09:16 PM
Skip Bayless ✔ @RealSkipBayless

Buffalo would've been far better off with Geno (or Barkley or Tyler Wilson) than with EJ. Stunner. Now so much pressure on EJ to live up.
10:19 PM - 25 Apr 2013
502 RETWEETS 77 FAVORITES ReplyRetweetFavorite

BertSquirtgum
04-25-2013, 09:17 PM
Great pick. Everyone will see.

TacklingDummy
04-25-2013, 09:18 PM
Anthony Becht ✔ @Anthony_Becht

#Bills I'm sorry I don't see this #NFLDraft pick extending any coaches in Buffalo anytime soon.
10:15 PM - 25 Apr 2013

- - - Updated - - -

The best one so far...

shaun king ✔ @realshaunking

Ej manuel conned himself into the 16th pick.....bahahahahahahhhahahaahah #gobacktothefilmhomie
10:08 PM - 25 Apr 2013
8 RETWEETS 2 FAVORITES ReplyRetweetFavorite

mrbojanglezs
04-25-2013, 09:19 PM
Great pick. Everyone will see.

agree. smart (2nd highest wonderlic score) elite size, elite arm, elite athletic ability, accurate, huge hands. Even though he read half the field he will develop into an elite qb. I am sure of it.

justasportsfan
04-25-2013, 09:21 PM

Buffalo would've been far better off with Geno (or Barkley or Tyler Wilson) than with EJ. Stunner. Now so much pressure on EJ to live up.

stop being bitter because they didn't take Fitz , I mean Barkley

TacklingDummy
04-25-2013, 09:23 PM
stop being bitter because they didn't take Fitz , I mean Barkley

If you been paying attention at all I have said several times I don't want any QB in this draft. Wait until next year.

Hardly bitter, I would have picked Jones.

Goobylal
04-25-2013, 09:24 PM
Anthony Becht ✔ @Anthony_Becht

#Bills I'm sorry I don't see this #NFLDraft pick extending any coaches in Buffalo anytime soon.
10:15 PM - 25 Apr 2013

- - - Updated - - -

The best one so far...

shaun king ✔ @realshaunking

Ej manuel conned himself into the 16th pick.....bahahahahahahhhahahaahah #gobacktothefilmhomie
10:08 PM - 25 Apr 2013
8 RETWEETS 2 FAVORITES ReplyRetweetFavorite
Why would anyone care what a crappy sports personality and 2 crappy ex-NFL players have to say?

TacklingDummy
04-25-2013, 09:25 PM
agree. smart (2nd highest wonderlic score) elite size, elite arm, elite athletic ability, accurate, huge hands. Even though he read half the field he will develop into an elite qb. I am sure of it.

Did you just re-post something about JP?

MikeInRoch
04-25-2013, 09:32 PM
2nd highest wonderlic? JP?

DynaPaul
04-25-2013, 09:33 PM
terrible pick? lol he has the most upside of any qb in this draft and he wasn't going to be there in the 2nd philly wanted to trade up for him

I would rather shoot for the stars for an elite talent than play it safe with a mediocre qb

That was the rationale behind drafting Aaron Maybin. How'd that work out?

Goobylal
04-25-2013, 09:36 PM
Manuel is nothing like Maybin. I see Dion Jordan as another Maybin, and he went 3rd overall.

mrbojanglezs
04-25-2013, 09:37 PM

lol wut???

BertSquirtgum
04-25-2013, 10:50 PM
Manuel is nothing like Maybin. I see Dion Jordan as another Maybin, and he went 3rd overall.

I see Barkevious Mingo as another Maybin. Terrible pick by the Browns.

kingJofNYC
04-25-2013, 11:10 PM
I see Barkevious Mingo as another Maybin. Terrible pick by the Browns.

Nope, put some effort into it if you're going to rip a player.

Nothing like Maybin. Faster, more explosive, flexible, and even though he needs to improve his hand usage, it's night and day between the two. Much stronger than Maybin.

Mr. Pink
04-25-2013, 11:12 PM
Kinda surprised at Manuel over Geno Smith but still a heck of a lot better than choosing either Nassib or Barkley.

Tatonka
04-25-2013, 11:13 PM
i have a best friend who is black, and he said manuel is the next warren moon.

Mr. Pink
04-25-2013, 11:15 PM

If this is true we got our franchise QB of the next decade. I'm not ready to anoint Manuel to that status but I'm happier with him than any of the other QBs not named Geno Smith.

Moon is probably the 2nd best QB of the past 30 years, if you factor in his CFL accomplishments.

BertSquirtgum
04-25-2013, 11:18 PM
Nope, put some effort into it if you're going to rip a player.

Nothing like Maybin. Faster, more explosive, flexible, and even though he needs to improve his hand usage, it's night and day between the two. Much stronger than Maybin.

Actually, he's exactly like Maybin.

BertSquirtgum
04-25-2013, 11:21 PM

Never thought of comparing him to Warren Moon but I feel everybody will be happy the Bills selected EJ three years from now.

BertSquirtgum
04-25-2013, 11:22 PM

I also have a black friend who is a huge Browns fan. He texted me when the Browns picked Mingo and was very upset. Terrible pick by the Browns. He's too small and will get clobbered by blocking tight ends and full backs. Even running backs will have an easy time chip blocking him.

Tatonka
04-25-2013, 11:22 PM
i dont really have a best friend that is black.

BertSquirtgum
04-25-2013, 11:23 PM
i dont really have a best friend that is black.

Racist.

Mr. Pink
04-25-2013, 11:26 PM
I actually think Manuel is a lot like Daunte Culpepper.

The 99-03 version not the end result.

Hopefully he doesn't flame out as quick but hey, even if we get like 3-5 years of it, it's still better than the past 13.

Generalissimus Gibby
04-25-2013, 11:27 PM

No, No, this is the Buffalo Bills forum, not the my best friend just died and I feel terrible forum.

WagonCircler
04-25-2013, 11:33 PM
Moon is probably the 2nd best QB of the past 30 years, if you factor in his CFL accomplishments.

Wow.

Just...

wow.

I'm a better singer than Robert Plant, if you factor in my shower accomplishments.

Mr. Pink
04-25-2013, 11:39 PM
Wow.

Just...

wow.

I'm a better singer than Robert Plant, if you factor in my shower accomplishments.

Warren Moon, statistically, with the numbers combined from CFL and NFL is ridiculous.

Statistically, between both the CFL and NFL only Favre compares with him over his career.

SpikedLemonade
04-25-2013, 11:45 PM
2nd highest wonderlic? JP?

Among the coward racists, you have to divide the score in half.

SeatownBillsFan21
04-26-2013, 12:07 AM
Never thought of comparing him to Warren Moon but I feel everybody will be happy the Bills selected EJ three years from now.

Why? Just curious why u the ink he's the guy.

BertSquirtgum
04-26-2013, 12:35 AM
Smart, strong arm, athletic, was a great leader while at FSU. Will need time to adjust to the NFL speed but he's going to be good, imo.

jamze132
04-26-2013, 07:58 AM
Just think, we could have drafted Jarvis Jones at #16 and more than likely could have gotten Manuel at #41.

pmoon6
04-26-2013, 08:05 AM
Moon is probably the 2nd best QB of the past 30 years, if you factor in his CFL accomplishments.:rofl: Ummm. No, but thanks for starting my day with a big laugh.

BertSquirtgum
04-26-2013, 11:14 AM
Just think, we could have drafted Jarvis Jones at #16 and more than likely could have gotten Manuel at #41.

Not a chance Manuel would have been there at 41. I doubt he made it out of the 1st round with all the trading.

Bill Cody
04-26-2013, 11:23 AM
I actually think Manuel is a lot like Daunte Culpepper.

The 99-03 version not the end result.

Hopefully he doesn't flame out as quick but hey, even if we get like 3-5 years of it, it's still better than the past 13.

Daunte was a fumbler because he had small hands. He could throw a nice deep ball but that throw it up for grabs play works best when you have Randy Moss at the other end. Daunte was not the same after Moss was traded.

Bill Cody
04-26-2013, 11:24 AM

That was one of the knocks on Cam Newton. Manuel can be coached up.

Mr. Pink
04-26-2013, 11:39 AM
:rofl: Ummm. No, but thanks for starting my day with a big laugh.

Ok.

Thanks for the intelligent insightful rebuttal!

trapezeus
04-26-2013, 01:05 PM
i didnt have a guy but i had a dont want list

but you famously loved Losman and kept belief that he could succeed 2 years after everyone else was done with the kid.

So i am thinking this is a good omen for EJ

Ingtar33
04-26-2013, 01:41 PM

keep drinking the coolade.

listen, i always liked EJ, I think he has a first rounder's measurables, height, size, speed, arm. The problem is it doesn't often translate to the field. If you look at this draft class he was always gonna be the physical freak of this class. But I don't think he's the best QB in the class.

not by a long shot.

First round physique, fourth round head. I wouldn't call him the qb with the most potential... nor is he the most likely in this weak class to succeed... I'd say Barkley (a pick i would have hated in round one) and Smith (someone i'm surprised didn't make it into round one... that said he was borderline) have a better chance to "make it"... of course a "better chance" means just that... a "chance".

TacklingDummy
04-26-2013, 01:52 PM
but you famously loved Losman and kept belief that he could succeed 2 years after everyone else was done with the kid.

So i am thinking this is a good omen for EJ

I hated the Losman pick and I hate this pick.

Losman and EJ both have the same problem, they don't have the head for the game.

EJ will be our new tackling dummy taking sacks that could of been avoided. I will look for all those blame the oline excuses that will come when the sacks start happening.

trapezeus
04-26-2013, 02:22 PM
I hated the Losman pick and I hate this pick.

Losman and EJ both have the same problem, they don't have the head for the game.

EJ will be our new tackling dummy taking sacks that could of been avoided. I will look for all those blame the oline excuses that will come when the sacks start happening.

i'm not arguing with you. But i think this time, they won't throw a losman type into the fire. EJ has time. the team isn't built to win now and they don't have vets clamoring to win.

and to be fair, the bills did have a bad line with losman, and they may have issues for this season as they adjust to new schemes and new personnel.

losman had jauron and mularkey teaching him. hopefully marrone is a little more cerebral and able to utilize the skills he has and not make him do too much

Mr. Pink
04-26-2013, 02:34 PM
i'm not arguing with you. But i think this time, they won't throw a losman type into the fire. EJ has time. the team isn't built to win now and they don't have vets clamoring to win.

and to be fair, the bills did have a bad line with losman, and they may have issues for this season as they adjust to new schemes and new personnel.

losman had jauron and mularkey teaching him. hopefully marrone is a little more cerebral and able to utilize the skills he has and not make him do too much

Losman wasn't thrown in the fire. He basically sat for a year.

TacklingDummy
04-26-2013, 02:44 PM
In this age of football rookie QBs don't sit.

Luck, Griffin, Wilson, Gabbert, Tannehill, Weeden, Bradford, Newton, Ponder, etc...

Either a QB has it from the get go or they don't.

jills
04-26-2013, 02:49 PM
Same ol' Bills, 'nough said.

jills
04-26-2013, 02:52 PM
ESPN gives the pick a grade of F.

And rightfully so.

streetkings01
04-26-2013, 02:55 PM
Am I the only black guy on these boards?

McBFLO
04-26-2013, 02:56 PM

You're relying on a quote from Skip Bayless to back up your point?! Wow....

mrbojanglezs
04-26-2013, 03:21 PM
keep drinking the coolade.

listen, i always liked EJ, I think he has a first rounder's measurables, height, size, speed, arm. The problem is it doesn't often translate to the field. If you look at this draft class he was always gonna be the physical freak of this class. But I don't think he's the best QB in the class.

not by a long shot.

First round physique, fourth round head. I wouldn't call him the qb with the most potential... nor is he the most likely in this weak class to succeed... I'd say Barkley (a pick i would have hated in round one) and Smith (someone i'm surprised didn't make it into round one... that said he was borderline) have a better chance to "make it"... of course a "better chance" means just that... a "chance".

100% true, I can't argue with that. Barkley could very well have been a safer pick. You know what your going to get with Barkley. However, at best Barkely is slightly better than Dalton. You have 8 years of starting tape on Barkley and how much more room to grow does he have? I want to win superbowls. You need a qb to dominate and why not take a chance on a guy with elite traits?

I believe that EJ manual has the "IT" factor to become a GREATqb in this league, not good/average (what I saw in Barkley/Nassib potential). He has everything you look for he has all the tangibles and also all the intangibles. Personally I see no "red flags" on why he cannot develop into a great qb.

Intelligence: Check
Knowledge of the game (according to nix and Marrone) Check
Great Size: Check
Great Arm and Arm talent: Check
Athleticism: Check
Winner: Check (4-0 bowl games good record in college)
Leader: Check
Charisma Confidence: Check
Humble: Check

Name 1 thing that makes you think this guy can't develop. I get it he needs to work on some things, needs to learn more about defenses, needs to work on his pocket presence but almost all guys coming out of college do.

But your basing stuff on what his college system had him do not what he CAN do. Really name one trait that is a red flag that you think would hinder him from developing and can't be improved on?

Not me being a "homer" just how I see it.

trapezeus
04-26-2013, 03:34 PM
Losman wasn't thrown in the fire. He basically sat for a year.

he sat with a broken leg the first year, right? and then he was put into a night game in NE where the team was being blown out. and he kicked the ball out of his own hands on his first scramble. At that point, i had a sinking feeling but gave him his 3 years. he was terrible.

but he came into a weird situation where the team believed they could do it and wanted bledsoe and he was inexperienced and terrible.

now you've got a team that knows they are rebuilding and they've got other qb's they are willing ot see play a season out.

Mr. Pink
04-26-2013, 03:43 PM
he sat with a broken leg the first year, right? and then he was put into a night game in NE where the team was being blown out. and he kicked the ball out of his own hands on his first scramble. At that point, i had a sinking feeling but gave him his 3 years. he was terrible.

but he came into a weird situation where the team believed they could do it and wanted bledsoe and he was inexperienced and terrible.

now you've got a team that knows they are rebuilding and they've got other qb's they are willing ot see play a season out.

The problem is you have a starting QB, Kolb, who gets hurt every year and it requires the backup QB to play. I doubt we'd go to Tarvaris at QB so I'd expect Manuel to at least play 8 games in 2013.