PDA

View Full Version : FSU student and lifelong Nole here

Bling
04-25-2013, 09:12 PM
Post any questions you have regarding Mr. Manuel and I will attempt to answer it.

Novacane
04-25-2013, 09:14 PM
Is he any good?

Tatonka
04-25-2013, 09:16 PM
why dont you just tell us your opinion?

justasportsfan
He's better than Tannehill

Ginger Vitis
Yeah now that Manuel is a Bill Ding a Bling isn't gonna have anything good to say lol

Bling
04-25-2013, 09:17 PM
Is he any good?

Has all the physical tools. IMO the best QB in this draft, but there's a reason we all call him potato. Has everything you could possibly want... except doesn't know how to read the middle of the field. Jimbo is a phenomenal QB coach, but you can only bring a horse to water.

As a Dolphin fan, I'll tell you I'm rooting for him to do well. Now that you have what is it 4 guys from us in the last two years, I'll be rooting for them.

BillsFever21
04-25-2013, 09:20 PM
We're the Buffalo Orangemen with a mix of Seminoles now.

Mike13
04-25-2013, 09:21 PM
He's better than Tannehill

Based on zero pro experience?

SpikedLemonade
04-25-2013, 09:21 PM
USA

USA

USA

Bling
04-25-2013, 09:22 PM
I could really see him blossoming under a new coach. I know a few players on the football team that say that EJ just shut down after the constant crap Jimbo gave him. Jimbo made Jamarcus a first overall, he made Ponder 12th overall. He clearly knows how to coach them up.

I love EJ. He was a great guy to me the one time I met him. Everyone I ever spoke to would tell you what a great individual he was. His only knock is his horrible spin move and his inability to read the middle of the field. Maybe your new HC can fix that. He definitely has all the tools.

Dr. Lecter
04-25-2013, 09:22 PM
You know I like the pick.....

justasportsfan
04-25-2013, 09:23 PM
Based on zero pro experience?

shut up finfan, he just is simply better because we signed him.

I already smell dead fish which is usually a scared finfan.

Bling
04-25-2013, 09:26 PM
watch his highlight. He doesn't anticipate throws very well. There also was a rumor his QB coach (now Auburn QB coach) told him not to run the ball to avoid the black running QB stereotype. I think after 5 years of Jimbo, it's going to be a great fresh experience for EJ.

Summary.
Pro: great arm, decent accuracy, runs the ball phenomenal, extremely likable guy, pedigree of a top 3 QB coach in the nation.

con: struggles with accuracy at times, doesn't anticipate throws well, has a horrible spin move that needs to be fixed ASAP

justasportsfan
04-25-2013, 09:26 PM
I could really see him blossoming under a new coach. I know a few players on the football team that say that EJ just shut down after the constant crap Jimbo gave him. Jimbo made Jamarcus a first overall, he made Ponder 12th overall. He clearly knows how to coach them up.

I love EJ. He was a great guy to me the one time I met him. Everyone I ever spoke to would tell you what a great individual he was. His only knock is his horrible spin move and his inability to read the middle of the field. Maybe your new HC can fix that. He definitely has all the tools.

he won't need to read the middle of the field when he's in the redzone all the time

Bling
04-25-2013, 09:27 PM
You know I like the pick.....

I'm rooting for him, Powell, Sanders, and Bradham. All great guys. If you guys get Werner, I might have to become a Bills fan.

Bling
04-25-2013, 09:28 PM
he won't need to read the middle of the field when he's in the redzone all the time

That's the spirit! I hope he's the best QB you guys have since Jim Kelly. Always a Nole before Dolphin fan. Especially with EJ was apart of the 08 class (my class), and we put FSU back on the map.

Goobylal
04-25-2013, 09:30 PM
I saw several FSU games. That OL is putrid. I'd be surprised if any of them get drafted in the NFL.

cookie G
04-25-2013, 09:32 PM
I haven't watched him a lot, admittedly. And pardon the comparison that can be taken as racist...but is he a little too much like Jason Campbell?

In other words, a guy that's very talented physically, who can actually throw pretty well, but is a little ...non-attacking?

That a bit what I got, but as I said, haven't watched him all that much.

justasportsfan
04-25-2013, 09:32 PM
That's the spirit! I hope he's the best QB you guys have since Jim Kelly. Always a Nole before Dolphin fan. Especially with EJ was apart of the 08 class (my class), and we put FSU back on the map.

hey bling, I need to get a gun at the broward pawn. Could you check it for me?

kingJofNYC
04-25-2013, 09:34 PM
I saw several FSU games. That OL is putrid. I'd be surprised if any of them get drafted in the NFL.

Prepare to be surprised then.

Goobylal
04-25-2013, 09:36 PM
Prepare to be surprised then.
Who and what round?

Bling
04-25-2013, 09:37 PM

Nice try. 2011 FSU Oline was putrid (EJ first year starting). 2012 FSU Oline was pretty good. Menelik Watson is a potential 1st rounder this year. Some are talking about Stork and Erving as top 3 round picks next year. I could see Matius being top 3 in 2015.

- - - Updated - - -

Who and what round?

Menelik Watson. You got yourself exposed on that one, Goob.

Goobylal
04-25-2013, 09:43 PM
Nice try. 2011 FSU Oline was putrid (EJ first year starting). 2012 FSU Oline was pretty good. Menelik Watson is a potential 1st rounder this year. Some are talking about Stork and Erving as top 3 round picks next year. I could see Matius being top 3 in 2015.

- - - Updated - - -

Menelik Watson. You got yourself exposed on that one, Goob.
Watson may get drafted. But I doubt he goes above where Sanders went last year. The others remain a wait-and-see.

Bling
04-25-2013, 09:45 PM
Watson may get drafted. But I doubt he goes above where Sanders went last year. The others remain a wait-and-see.

Sounds like free money to me. Put up the number and I'll give you 2:1 odds Watson gets drafted before Zebrie. I love Zebrie but Watson's potential >>>>> Zebrie

jimbohastle51
04-25-2013, 09:45 PM
I've been to games in tally and seen him play. Watched tape on him as well. Jumbo tried to hand the job to him three times his sophomore year and he didn't take advantage of it. He is not good at reading as going stated. Now every coach will tell you they can coach a guy up and that may be the case but right now he would be the definition of a workout warrior at the qb position. Senior bowl MVP, solid combine (one of the best at the position), and solid pro day. There are plenty of qbs that have more wins and against better competition but he is a guy you draft and hope he blossoms. For what its worth I had him at a 3rd round grade.

Generalissimus Gibby
04-25-2013, 09:47 PM
Can he throw a pass of longer than 5 yards? I'm not talking about a 20 yard pass where a receiver caught a pass of say 4 yards and ran for another 16 after the catch, I mean can he through a pass of say 10 to 20 yards through the air?

Goobylal
04-25-2013, 09:48 PM
Sounds like free money to me. Put up the number and I'll give you 2:1 odds Watson gets drafted before Zebrie. I love Zebrie but Watson's potential >>>>> Zebrie
Sorry but the draft is so crazy, it's the last place I'd ever bet money. But the reasons why I think he'll drop lower is he's 25 and still raw. We shall see.

Mike13
04-25-2013, 09:54 PM
shut up finfan, he just is simply better because we signed him.

I already smell dead fish which is usually a scared finfan.

Well I cant argue with incredibly stupid logic.

Bling
04-25-2013, 09:59 PM
Can he throw a pass of longer than 5 yards? I'm not talking about a 20 yard pass where a receiver caught a pass of say 4 yards and ran for another 16 after the catch, I mean can he through a pass of say 10 to 20 yards through the air?

Sure. EJ doesn't have Flacco's arm, but he can make pretty much every throw.

Honestly, EJ always just left us wanting a little more. There was always just another little bit we felt was missing. That's all.

Mad Max
04-25-2013, 10:07 PM

Honestly, EJ always just left us wanting a little more. There was always just another little bit we felt was missing. That's all.

Who'd you take EJ or Ponder if you had to and had one choice?

Bling
04-25-2013, 10:10 PM
Who'd you take EJ or Ponder if you had to and had one choice?

At the moment? Back in time? College?

College (based on career) - Ponder.
NFL (based on potential) - Manuel

I really thought Ponder was going to be better than he has been so far with the Vikings. Ponder played to his potential in college. Manuel didn't in college. But Manuel's upside is twice what Ponder's ever is/was in the NFL.

Ginger Vitis
04-25-2013, 10:13 PM
I really thought Ponder was going to be better than he has been so far with the Vikings.

There have been a few FSU guys who haven't or weren't as good in the NFL as you thought they would be

Mad Max
04-25-2013, 10:17 PM
At the moment? Back in time? College?

College (based on career) - Ponder.

I really thought Ponder was going to be better than he has been so far with the Vikings. Ponder played to his potential in college. Manuel didn't in college. But Manuel's upside is twice what Ponder's ever is/was in the NFL.

I was thinking going forward. I don't think much of Ponder, so it would have been a bit worrisome if a close observer thought more of him than EJ.

Bling
04-25-2013, 10:24 PM
There have been a few FSU guys who haven't or weren't as good in the NFL as you thought they would be

First of all, who are you?

Second of all, feel free to name them.

This year? Fan of Rhodes, Werner, Carradine. Was on the rocks about EJ, but I'm confident he'll be fine. Not a fan of Rodney Smith, Greg Reid (maybe as a PR), Brandon Jenkins. Maybe on Vince Williams.

jamze132
04-26-2013, 08:05 AM
Bling, who was better in your opinion...

Ponder or Manuel and why?

Bling
04-26-2013, 08:32 AM
Bling, who was better in your opinion...

Ponder or Manuel and why?

College (based on career) - Ponder

I really thought Ponder was going to be better than he has been so far with the Vikings. Ponder played to his potential in college. Manuel didn't in college. But Manuel's upside is far better than what Ponder's ever is/was in the NFL.

Ginger Vitis
04-26-2013, 08:38 AM
First of all, who are you?

Second of all, feel free to name them.

This is a direct quote from you when the Miami Dolphins drafted Lorenzo Booker "Lorenzo Booker is going to tear up the NFL"

Bling
04-26-2013, 08:51 AM
This is a direct quote from you when the Miami Dolphins drafted Lorenzo Booker "Lorenzo Booker is going to tear up the NFL"

You got me on that one. My 17 year-old self (2007) was saying that to get a rise out of people on this board.

I'm kind of curious why you remember such a mundane fact from six years ago.

DraftBoy
04-26-2013, 09:08 AM
I haven't watched him a lot, admittedly. And pardon the comparison that can be taken as racist...but is he a little too much like Jason Campbell?

In other words, a guy that's very talented physically, who can actually throw pretty well, but is a little ...non-attacking?

That a bit what I got, but as I said, haven't watched him all that much.

You know I was trying last night to find a good comp and damnit you just nailed it. Campbell another QB where everything appears slow.

justasportsfan
04-26-2013, 09:35 AM
Well I cant argue with incredibly stupid logic.

I was just smakin with ya! NO logic intended.

Historian
04-26-2013, 09:39 AM
How's Bobby Bowden enjoying retirement?

Bling
04-26-2013, 06:23 PM
Sorry but the draft is so crazy, it's the last place I'd ever bet money. But the reasons why I think he'll drop lower is he's 25 and still raw. We shall see.

Let me guess... your excuse now is that it's the Raiders mirite?

Bling
04-26-2013, 06:24 PM
How's Bobby Bowden enjoying retirement?

dude's coming back for the first time this upcoming season. year 4 of the jimbo experience. how are you historian

Fletch
04-26-2013, 06:36 PM

And it's not like your schedule was very tough this year.

He was very unimpressive last season leaving few games against decent opponents and NFL caliber players to draw from.

tampabay25690
04-26-2013, 07:20 PM
Post any questions you have regarding Mr. Manuel and I will attempt to answer it.

What's up Bling!!!!

I seen his whole career being a Gator fan.
I think his offense at FSU brought him down if anything.
I think h will be a better NFL QB then college!!!!

Luv his upside, size, athletic ability, arm, and he has his head on straight....

Goobylal
04-26-2013, 09:47 PM
Let me guess... your excuse now is that it's the Raiders mirite?
The Raiders and the crazy run on OL probably made him go a lot higher than he otherwise would have, but you were right that he would be drafted and go higher than Sanders. The thing is, when he was picked, Mayock said "the kid has great upside, but he doesn't know what he's doing." Sounds about right.

Extremebillsfan247
04-26-2013, 10:10 PM
watch his highlight. He doesn't anticipate throws very well. There also was a rumor his QB coach (now Auburn QB coach) told him not to run the ball to avoid the black running QB stereotype. I think after 5 years of Jimbo, it's going to be a great fresh experience for EJ.

Summary.
Pro: great arm, decent accuracy, runs the ball phenomenal, extremely likable guy, pedigree of a top 3 QB coach in the nation.

con: struggles with accuracy at times, doesn't anticipate throws well, has a horrible spin move that needs to be fixed ASAP
Highlights make a nice video, but so overrated when it comes to judgement of talent.

The Bills not only had their choice of any QB in the draft, they did extensive homework on just about every one of them. What is hardly ever considered by outside scouts and analysts is whether a prospect is a good fit in a Team's system, and that can be tough to guage with a new coaching staff. The Bills obviously liked Manuel enough to ignore outside opinion. JMO

Thief
04-26-2013, 11:35 PM
blink, predict better career, tanahill or ej?

Goobylal
04-27-2013, 10:37 PM
After this draft/undraft, I can safely say that with the Bills, Manuel will have far better WR's than he had with the 'Noles. And a better RB.

Crisis
04-27-2013, 10:38 PM
After this draft/undraft, I can safely say that with the Bills, Manuel will have far better WR's than he had with the 'Noles. And a better RB.

I'd hope an NFL team would have better receivers than an ACC team.

Goobylal
04-27-2013, 10:56 PM
I'd hope an NFL team would have better receivers than an ACC team.
True. But the point was that more than a few FSU fans have said that Manuel's WR's made him look better than he was. Well he'll still have top WR's doing that for him, and by the looks of it, better ones than he had (relatively).

MTBillsFan
04-27-2013, 11:26 PM
Watching EJ's highlights on youtube made me think we got a damn good QB. Quick throwing motioning and can scramble when needed.