PDA

View Full Version : What happened to all the QB's that were going to be drafted in the 1st round?

BillsFever21
04-25-2013, 10:22 PM
I remember all the guys who wanted us to take a QB at #8 no matter what who said there would be a few QB's drafted in the 1st round. Even guys like Tyler Wilson could be 1st round draft picks.

I figured one or maybe two but I never thought we would be the only one. I'm fine with the Manuel pick but considering nobody else wanted any of these QB's in the first round tells you just how bad the class was that most was saying all along.

There's a few teams who could take a QB at the top of the 2nd but there isn't any slam dunk guarantees. Had we not traded down and picked up an extra 2nd round pick I would be outraged. Lets just hope they didn't screw it up again. If there are only one or two more QB's taken before we draft again it could look pretty bad though.

Smith and Nassib might go early in the 2nd round and if that's the case then either way we could've had one of the three guys. I wanted Jones because of our horrible LB unit but I'm fine with the pick since they had first choice. I'd rather them choose wrong then not take one and see him become a franchise QB later on. With Buddy and the Bills track record I just don't have much faith in them. By the looks of what happened it could get ugly if Manuel doesn't pan out. Nobody even wanted to trade back into the 1st round to get one.

Novacane
04-25-2013, 10:24 PM
They got the guy they wanted.

SpikedLemonade
04-25-2013, 10:24 PM
Well we did draft a QB -- the right one -- the 1st round.

Are you trying to make fun of the Orange?

kingJofNYC
04-25-2013, 10:25 PM
No QB needy teams panicked, with the exception of one. The draftniks and gurus were wrong because they tried to extrapolate from 2011 draft. They knew the QBs werent very good but still projected them going early instead of just going with their gut, 2011 draft mind****ed most of these guys.

If anything teams learned from that 2011 draft. Why would teams repeat the errors of the Vikings, Jags, and Titans. No point in reaching if you have other deficiencies.

Bling
04-25-2013, 10:26 PM
I think we're learning how uninformed draftniks really are. When the pick doesn't go their way, it's hard for them to admit they're wrong so they bash the team.

PromoTheRobot
04-25-2013, 10:27 PM
QB fever. Happens every draft.

PTR

WagonCircler
04-25-2013, 10:33 PM
Seems to me that every QB in this draft class sucks and every GM except Buddy figured it out.

mjt328
I'm fully expecting a run on QBs immediately after the 2nd round starts.

Jacksonville, Philadelphia, Arizona and New York for sure.

That run may help some good prospects to drop to us at #41 and #46.

BillsFever21
I think we're learning how uninformed draftniks really are. When the pick doesn't go their way, it's hard for them to admit they're wrong so they bash the team.

I'm an FSU fan and a fan of Manuel. I'm not bashing him and I hope he does well. I'm just saying all the guys around here who thought we would see a couple guys drafted in the Top 10 along with one or two more later on so we would have NO CHOICE but to draft one at #8. Myself and other debated them for a good month that wouldn't be the case.

Had we taken him without trading down I'd be upset right now. Since they received an extra 2nd round pick and had the choice of the litter I can live with it. I'd rather them be wrong on the guy then not take one with first choice and see them thrive while we're still looking. It would be even worse though if Manuel didn't work out and Smith and/or Nassib turned into decent players.

I think we'll see one or two drafted early in the 2nd round tomorrow and then probably not another one until the 3rd round or maybe another late 2nd rounder. If that's the case then we could've had one of the three in the 2nd. Lets hope it works out.

Mr. Pink
04-25-2013, 11:22 PM
Weak QB class.

I'm shocked Geno Smith didn't get picked in round 1 but not surprised there was no run on them.

Thought a maximum of 3 QBs would be taken back when I when I figured Aaron Murray would declare, he didn't, obviously.

Mouldsie
04-25-2013, 11:55 PM
Seems to me that every QB in this draft class sucks and every GM except Buddy figured it out.
Bingo.

Mike
04-26-2013, 06:22 PM
Bingo.

When you are the only one in the room, your either the genius or the dumbass and in this case... look at the history. He is no Einstein

Don't Panic
04-26-2013, 06:27 PM
I just wish we had pulled one more trade back and took him in the tail end of the 1st. One more pick tonight and I could have lived with him in the 1st round.

better days
04-27-2013, 09:13 AM
I'm an FSU fan and a fan of Manuel. I'm not bashing him and I hope he does well. I'm just saying all the guys around here who thought we would see a couple guys drafted in the Top 10 along with one or two more later on so we would have NO CHOICE but to draft one at #8. Myself and other debated them for a good month that wouldn't be the case.

Had we taken him without trading down I'd be upset right now. Since they received an extra 2nd round pick and had the choice of the litter I can live with it. I'd rather them be wrong on the guy then not take one with first choice and see them thrive while we're still looking. It would be even worse though if Manuel didn't work out and Smith and/or Nassib turned into decent players.

I think we'll see one or two drafted early in the 2nd round tomorrow and then probably not another one until the 3rd round or maybe another late 2nd rounder. If that's the case then we could've had one of the three in the 2nd. Lets hope it works out.

Well, I said all along if the Bills could trade back & get the QB in the first rnd that would be GREAT, and that is what happened. I also said if the Bills don't get the guy that Nix thinks will be a GOOD QB in the first, they may not be able to get a GOOD QB. Nix said 2 or 3 QBs could be GOOD QBs & win in the NFL. Manuel, Geno & Glennon are off the board. We know Nix likes EJ, the question is are Geno & Mike the other 2 he liked?

And if EJ turns into a FRANCHISE QB, he would have been worth the #8 pick. If not, then he was not worth the #16 pick.

DraftBoy
04-27-2013, 09:14 AM
Many draftniks had QB's ranked lower than Round 1. I know of one particular guy who had a 4th-5th Round grade on Barkley, a 3rd on Nassib, and a 1st on Geno.

SABURZFAN
04-27-2013, 10:31 AM
I just wish we had pulled one more trade back and took him in the tail end of the 1st. One more pick tonight and I could have lived with him in the 1st round.

I thought they were going to do it with San Francisco. I think Manuel would have been there.

coastal
04-27-2013, 10:33 AM
Orange season is over.

kishoph
04-27-2013, 10:56 AM
There's no certainty in predicting how the draft will go and 1 or 2 players going in different spots can change a lot. Who knows what other teams wanted Manuel and if the Bills would of taken another QB then one of those teams might of jumped up and grabbed Manuel, it could of started a run. You don't know how the draft is going to go. I'm glad the Bills took the QB they wanted (not the one I wanted) when they did and if they would of took him at #8, I'd still be alright with it.