PDA

View Full Version : So Much for...

Mike
04-25-2013, 10:34 PM
So much for teams trading back into the first so they could get one of these QBs!
You will see, many will drop to both of Bills 2nd round picks.
Nassib might not even go in the 2nd.... so much for us having to draft him at 8 if we wanted him...
...and the last little gem...

DRAFT GRADES

Why are they important? Because they give you a hindsight view of value. When a team drafts a Center at 31 overall who grades as a 3rd rounder, they get a bad grade as they should. Most of the time those gambles do not play out.

Draft Grades are an accurate reflections of what COULD HAVE BEEN DONE compared to What Was Done -These grades are not to be used to condiser what WIll happen since no one knows this. So the Cowboys could have drafted that center a round or two later, and the Bills could have drafted a QB in the second.

So what is the Bills grade?
Should be Low simply because they could have drafted a QB in the second round or traded down further in the 1st.

bills4ver
04-25-2013, 10:56 PM
The only thing I can think of is that One Bills Drive panicked. They stated less than a week ago how they loved Nassib and Barkley and had NOTHING nice to say about EJ Manuel. Joey B. even tweeted about how EJ was not an option.

It looks like it was smoke screen but I think they should have taken a BPA pick at 16 and waited till the 2nd round to take the QB. EJ is a HUGE project no way he starts day one, so why reach on him so early?

Mike
04-25-2013, 11:24 PM
1st round picks should be able to start right away... Think Jim Kelly oppose to JP Lossman... projects should be taken later in the draft.

BertSquirtgum
04-25-2013, 11:26 PM
So much for teams trading back into the first so they could get one of these QBs!
You will see, many will drop to both of Bills 2nd round picks.
Nassib might not even go in the 2nd.... so much for us having to draft him at 8 if we wanted him...
...and the last little gem...

DRAFT GRADES

Why are they important? Because they give you a hindsight view of value. When a team drafts a Center at 31 overall who grades as a 3rd rounder, they get a bad grade as they should. Most of the time those gambles do not play out.

Draft Grades are an accurate reflections of what COULD HAVE BEEN DONE compared to What Was Done -These grades are not to be used to condiser what WIll happen since no one knows this. So the Cowboys could have drafted that center a round or two later, and the Bills could have drafted a QB in the second.

So what is the Bills grade?
Should be Low simply because they could have drafted a QB in the second round or traded down further in the 1st.

No, just no.

- - - Updated - - -

1st round picks should be able to start right away... Think Jim Kelly oppose to JP Lossman... projects should be taken later in the draft.

Did Green Bay start Aaaron Rodgers right away?

Generalissimus Gibby
04-26-2013, 03:02 AM

Kelly didn't start for us until 1986, before that he played in the USFL against teams laden with eventual or former NFL starters, and so after the USFL went to pot in 86 Kelly came to Buffalo already battle tested. Kelly was a very rare exception. It is sort of unfair to compare EJ to JP. JP played at a soft program, Manuel was something like 25-6 as a starter and part of a squad that won four straight bowl games. Will he be a bust like JP? I don't know. Tell you what though, I think he has the raw material and the work ethic to make things happen. Also, because of the thing with his mom, I want him to succeed. Will he? That remains to be determined, but he has the raw materials. People say Marrone is an offensive guru, okay well lets see if he can get EJ to do a Drew Brees impersonation. I'm drunk, good night.