X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mixxum
    • Mar 2006

Draft Grade for Bills D plus according to SI

Guess we are screwed and the season is over.

• gonzo1105
    • Jul 2002

Re: Draft Grade for Bills D plus according to SI

If the Bills had taken any QB outside of Geno Smith at 16, their draft grade was gonna be bad. You really didn't expect anyone to be like A + did you?

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
      The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
      • Feb 2005

We could have picked The Lord God Almighty Himself and the national media would have panned the pick
      In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Mike
        • Jan 2009

I know I know, we criticize other teams picks on this board but god forbid some one grades our draft and we dont like it.... That the whole 'wait 3 years' argument starts, and if the player sucks in 3 years, the excuse of hindsight being 20/20 gets applied....

So for these picks.. considering hindsight and what we know now, the Bills deserve the D- score
        Please Make Sense

Comment

• bills4ver
          • Sep 2008

I love the trade back, however I live in Florida and don't love the EJ Manual pick. Yes he has tons of upside but Geno Smith and Barkley both have a better track record and better chance of success.

I wanted Barkley, I just think they could have taken Austin at 8 and EJ would have dropped to the 2nd round.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Feb 2005

At the end of the day I will look at it like this.... If Manuel plays better than Austin then it was a good pick. At the end of the day the bills traded Austin for Manuel. If Austin goes to the pro bowl and Manuel doesn't pan out then this is one of the worst moves in bills history.

Comment

• WagonCircler
              Escaped Convict
              • Jul 2002

The more picks go by that aren't QBs, the worse this pick looks. Right now it certainly looks like they could have drafted EJM in the second, and at the very least gotten one of the other top 5, or even top 2 or 3 QBs.

Comment

• JediMindPowers
                • Jan 2009

I like EJ but not at where they took him. However I dont think EJ would have been there in the 2nd assuming the Bills stayed put. But yea, we could have used our 8th pick on a better player. I hope we get Darick Rodgers or Justin hunter on friday.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                  Escaped Convict
                  • Jul 2002

Bill Polian just DESTROYED the Bills' pick on Sportscenter. Both called it the worst pick of the first round.

Bill Polian>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Buddy Nix.

Comment

• BLeonard
                    BoB Sabermetrician
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by jimbohastle51 View Post
                    At the end of the day the bills traded Austin for Manuel.
                    Wrong.

The Bills traded Austin for Manuel, a 2nd round pick and a 7th round pick. Using your theory, you should be comparing Austin to all three players that the Bills get with those picks.

-Bill

Comment

• cookie G
                      • Mar 2003

The grade is incomplete. I'd like to see who they get in the 2nd.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                        • Jun 2024

Comment

• jamesiscool
                          suck it fool.
                          • Feb 2007

This pick will forever go down as Manuel vs. Austin. EJ Manuel may have just got drafted into the hardest job in the NFL, being the first round QB taken by the Buffalo Bills, the expectations for him are already set VERY high just because of where he landed and long-term what is expected of him.

Do we have the luxury of sitting back and letting him develop into the signal caller that us as Bills fans have been waiting for since Kelly retired? I honestly believe no, we do not. We need an NFL ready QB that can step in on day one and win football games, because at the end of the day that is all that it's about, winning football games.

Good luck to you EJ, I hope that you can take us where no NFL QB has taken us since the likes of Doug Flutie, to the NFL playoffs.

Go Bills.
                          Last edited by jamesiscool; 04-26-2013, 01:13 AM. Reason: spelling error
                          Sec 241 row 12 seat 23

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BLeonard View Post
                            Wrong.

The Bills traded Austin for Manuel, a 2nd round pick and a 7th round pick. Using your theory, you should be comparing Austin to all three players that the Bills get with those picks.

-Bill
                            I am comparing the player the rams offered the trade to draft to the player that buffalo moved down to feel more comfortable taking. The second and seventh are nice pics but this trade was about the bills moving to a lower point in the draft to justify filling their biggest need and the rams moving up to draft the playmaker they coveted. Look at this how you would like but I see it for the two major prices that caused the trade to happen.

Comment

• BLeonard
                              BoB Sabermetrician
                              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by jimbohastle51 View Post
                              I am comparing the player the rams offered the trade to draft to the player that buffalo moved down to feel more comfortable taking. The second and seventh are nice pics but this trade was about the bills moving to a lower point in the draft to justify filling their biggest need and the rams moving up to draft the playmaker they coveted. Look at this how you would like but I see it for the two major prices that caused the trade to happen.
                              So, a second round pick (46th overall) isn't worth anything? What if they get a starting WR with that pick? Or a starting LB?

You're acting like the Bills traded the 8 pick for the 16, straight up. For all we know, the Bills could have stayed at 8 and still taken Manuel there. Instead, they got the guy the obviously wanted and added a second rounder and a seventh rounder... The seventh rounder, by the way, is right around the same spot the Bills gave up their pick to Seattle for Tavaris Jackson.

Yes, Austin was the key to the deal for the Rams, but the Bills got who they believe is their franchise QB, an extra second rounder and an extra seventh rounder out of the deal. Without the Rams giving up those two additional picks, the trade doesn't happen.

-Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X